Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 12:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
thgdbk - Enlightening snippets from The Good Book by A.C. Grayling
thgdbk - Enlightening snippets from The Good Book by A.C. Grayling
Hey there,

I've set up a blog with quotes and snippets from A.C. Grayling's Secular Bible.

It's at http://thgdbk.net

It's not perfect, and it doesn't aspire to be definitive, but it is a 'good book', so to speak, with lots of thought-provoking ideas.

Cheers
RE: thgdbk - Enlightening snippets from The Good Book by A.C. Grayling
Do me a favour pudding and introduce yourself and say hello before you start posting links to your own site. Thanks Great

Oh, and welcome along as well.
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Yes my banhammer's been on a rampage tonight and I'd hate to misdirect it towards someone who actually wished to contribute to the forums. Oh and welcome Big Grin
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
Sorry!

To be honest, I just wanted to let you know the site existed.

It's not really 'my' site, more just a way to share the book with the wider world.

Religion often has all that rumty-tumty established community support networks, reference works etc. Secular society is relatively new, and gets a lot of flack from the religious for being 'soulless' or 'spiritless'.

I just think this book is exactly the sort of thing that will help enrich the lives of non-believers, and help them come together under a shared outlook on life - as 'meta' as that may be (ie - everyone using reason to think for themselves).

Cheers again.
That's all very well and good and I'm sure it's a lovely site but this is a discussion forum, a community of like-minded (and not so like-minded) online chums who don't usually take too kindly to people using it as a way to just advertise links and not take part in the fun and games.

Can we look forward to you entering into lively debates soon?
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
thgdbk Wrote:To be honest, I just wanted to let you know the site existed.

Do what you gotta do, didn't mean to cause an upset.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I wrote a book once. NewKingJames 19 2264 March 21, 2017 at 3:20 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Hello, just reading a book Ronga 16 2777 November 19, 2013 at 8:50 am
Last Post: Ben Davis
  Good morning, and in case I don't see ya: Good afternoon, good evening, and good night! Kirbmarc 16 5587 October 29, 2012 at 4:05 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko