Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 4:52 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Last Templar
The Last Templar
Did anyone see this? I thought it was OK for what it was, I obviously don't believe in any of the religious BS but I enjoy movies about that kind of stuff, they are interesting. One funny thing is while we were watching it (in case you dont know what it is... basically two people are searching for this long lost scroll that claims jesus was just a man which has been guarded by the catholic church) my aunt goes "well for that scroll to be true they'd have to discard the miracles by jesus that were seen and documented by many many people"... yeah, ok! many many people... haha. Which proves my point that if such a scroll existed nobody would believe it anyway!!
Cher

"I have no advice for anybody; except to, you know, be awake enough to see where you are at any given time, and how that is beautiful, and has poetry inside. Even places you hate" -Jeff Buckley
RE: The Last Templar
(February 16, 2009 at 9:49 am)Rockthatpiano06 Wrote: the miracles by jesus that were seen and documented by many many people"...

Can she offer even one example of documentation outside of the bible?

No... because it doesn't exist :p
Galileo was a man of science oppressed by the irrational and superstitious. Today, he is used by the irrational and superstitious who claim they are being oppressed by science - Mark Crislip
(February 16, 2009 at 9:49 am)Rockthatpiano06 Wrote: Did anyone see this? I thought it was OK for what it was, I obviously don't believe in any of the religious BS but I enjoy movies about that kind of stuff, they are interesting. One funny thing is while we were watching it (in case you dont know what it is... basically two people are searching for this long lost scroll that claims jesus was just a man which has been guarded by the catholic church) my aunt goes "well for that scroll to be true they'd have to discard the miracles by jesus that were seen and documented by many many people"... yeah, ok! many many people... haha. Which proves my point that if such a scroll existed nobody would believe it anyway!!

Does she just believe in Jesus' miracles? i.e. he was the only one capable of performing them?
HuhA man is born to a virgin mother, lives, dies, comes alive again and then disappears into the clouds to become his Dad. How likely is that?
lol, I don't even try to argue with her because you just can't. Plus I live in her house so I don't feel like its worth it.

I have no idea if she believes that, bozo, but I would assume so.
Cher

"I have no advice for anybody; except to, you know, be awake enough to see where you are at any given time, and how that is beautiful, and has poetry inside. Even places you hate" -Jeff Buckley
(February 16, 2009 at 8:59 pm)Rockthatpiano06 Wrote: lol, I don't even try to argue with her because you just can't. Plus I live in her house so I don't feel like its worth it.

I have no idea if she believes that, bozo, but I would assume so.

I don't want to be responsible for making you homeless BUT isn't it just possible you can ask whether she believes miracles have actually happened or are still liable to happen long after JC's demise?
HuhA man is born to a virgin mother, lives, dies, comes alive again and then disappears into the clouds to become his Dad. How likely is that?
(February 17, 2009 at 6:45 pm)bozo Wrote: I don't want to be responsible for making you homeless BUT isn't it just possible you can ask whether she believes miracles have actually happened or are still liable to happen long after JC's demise?

Hehe and when you do ask, actually refer to him as JC Tongue
Galileo was a man of science oppressed by the irrational and superstitious. Today, he is used by the irrational and superstitious who claim they are being oppressed by science - Mark Crislip
Hehe, she said that she does believe miracles have happened (ie performed by jesus) and do happen even after "jc's" demise. I did not refer to him as JC however Tongue Next time!!!
Cher

(February 18, 2009 at 1:38 pm)Rockthatpiano06 Wrote: Hehe, she said that she does believe miracles have happened (ie performed by jesus) and do happen even after "jc's" demise. I did not refer to him as JC however Tongue Next time!!!

So as not to get you thrown out, tell her bozo was asking quite howand why the non-jc, " later " miracles occur.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Last Wish - Love Story miaharun 0 1169 January 4, 2016 at 7:53 am
Last Post: miaharun
  Dispatches Last night Boulat 3 2798 September 2, 2008 at 10:28 am
Last Post: StewartP