Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 11:42 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Isaac Asimov
Isaac Asimov
"Imagine the people who believe such things and who are not ashamed to ignore, totally, all the patient findings of thinking minds through all the centuries since the Bible was written. And it is these ignorant people, the most uneducated, the most unimaginative, the most unthinking among us, who would make themselves the guides and leaders of us all; who would force their feeble and childish beliefs on us; who would invade our schools and libraries and homes. I personally resent it bitterly."
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
RE: Isaac Asimov
Thats an awesome quote! keep up the good work!
"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived. To surrender to ignorance and call it God has always been premature, and it remains premature today." Isaac Asimov
Another awesome quote! I'll go find one of his myself! lol.
"If I were not an atheist, I would believe in a God who would choose to save people on the basis of the totality of their lives and not the pattern of their words. I think he would prefer an honest and righteous atheist to a TV preacher whose every word is God, God, God, and whose every deed is foul, foul, foul." Isaac Asimov

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator
“To surrender to ignorance and call it God has always been premature, and it remains premature today”

“Nothing interferes with my concentration. You could put on an orgy in my office and I wouldn't look up. Well, maybe once.”

“I prefer rationalism to atheism. The question of God and other objects-of-faith are outside reason and play no part in rationalism, thus you don't have to waste your time in either attacking or defending.”

“The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom.”

and of course:

Don't you believe in flying saucers, they ask me? Don't you believe in telepathy? — in ancient astronauts? — in the Bermuda triangle? — in life after death?
No, I reply. No, no, no, no, and again no.
One person recently, goaded into desperation by the litany of unrelieved negation, burst out "Don't you believe in anything?"
"Yes", I said. "I believe in evidence. I believe in observation, measurement, and reasoning, confirmed by independent observers. I'll believe anything, no matter how wild and ridiculous, if there is evidence for it. The wilder and more ridiculous something is, however, the firmer and more solid the evidence will have to be."
I think that last quote is my favourite quote of all time. It's amazing. Shame the whole thing won't fit in my sig Sad

EvF