Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Support for Geert Wilders political party explodes after british expulsion.
Support for Geert Wilders political party explodes after british expulsion.
http://infidelsarecool.com/2009/02/17/su...expulsion/

Quote:Critics say the freedom to criticize Islam in Europe has been put in jeopardy after Dutch politician Geert Wilders was banned last week from entering Britain because of his attacks on Islam.

His party, the Party for Freedom (PVV), is now the second largest party in the Netherlands, based on recent polling.

In 2 other polls (One by 1vandaag and one by TNS Nipo for the Volkskrant (peoples newspaper)) also came forward a profile of the average PVV voter. 13% of the voters are male, early to mid 40's, above average income, non religious, hard workers, owns a simple house in a small city or town.
I forgot to mention that although I fit reasonably well in that profile I have not and will not vote PVV. The whole program is a one trick pony song and dance about integration and although it is becoming a problem, there are more problems that need addressing just as much.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
RE: Support for Geert Wilders political party explodes after british expulsion.
(February 21, 2009 at 9:42 am)leo-rcc Wrote: http://infidelsarecool.com/2009/02/17/su...expulsion/

Quote:Critics say the freedom to criticize Islam in Europe has been put in jeopardy after Dutch politician Geert Wilders was banned last week from entering Britain because of his attacks on Islam.

His party, the Party for Freedom (PVV), is now the second largest party in the Netherlands, based on recent polling.

In 2 other polls (One by 1vandaag and one by TNS Nipo for the Volkskrant (peoples newspaper)) also came forward a profile of the average PVV voter. 13% of the voters are male, early to mid 40's, above average income, non religious, hard workers, owns a simple house in a small city or town.
I forgot to mention that although I fit reasonably well in that profile I have not and will not vote PVV. The whole program is a one trick pony song and dance about integration and although it is becoming a problem, there are more problems that need addressing just as much.

I know nothing about him except that he is described in the uk of being leader of a far-right political party. Already I don't like his agenda. If his party has suddenly gained support because of the actions of the uk government, that is regretable. It's the price you pay for denying free speech, rather than opennly countering what a far-right agenda is.
HuhA man is born to a virgin mother, lives, dies, comes alive again and then disappears into the clouds to become his Dad. How likely is that?
Quote:The Party for Freedom combines economic liberalism with a conservative programme towards immigration and culture. Regarding immigration and culture, the party believes that the Judeo-Christian and humanist traditions should be treated as the dominant culture in the Netherlands, and that immigrants should adapt accordingly.
Well at least half their policies are good Big Grin
(February 21, 2009 at 7:20 pm)Tiberius Wrote:
Quote:The Party for Freedom combines economic liberalism with a conservative programme towards immigration and culture. Regarding immigration and culture, the party believes that the Judeo-Christian and humanist traditions should be treated as the dominant culture in the Netherlands, and that immigrants should adapt accordingly.
Well at least half their policies are good Big Grin

Adrian, you are very much a minimalist.
HuhA man is born to a virgin mother, lives, dies, comes alive again and then disappears into the clouds to become his Dad. How likely is that?
bozo, you are very much a person without a sense of humour Tongue
(February 21, 2009 at 7:44 pm)Tiberius Wrote: bozo, you are very much a person without a sense of humour Tongue
LOL More my age....those smily face things confuse me..dribble dribble
I think the world would be a better place if people took the internet a little less seriously Big Grin It would resolve a lot of confusion!
(February 21, 2009 at 7:48 pm)Tiberius Wrote: I think the world would be a better place if people took the internet a little less seriously Big Grin It would resolve a lot of confusion!

I don't know about taking it seriously its just that us oldies are not perhaps up to speed in nuances on the net.
It's more than that, something I'd love to write a short paper on. The apparent (still need to do a REAL study) fact that text communication is almost useless in conveying emotion. The reader simply cannot tell for sure what the writer intended without an in-depth understanding of the english language existing within both parties. While sentences like the previous are clear enough, sarcasim and emotion are lost to the void of zeroes and ones. This is particularly apparent with the engligh language which in modern conversation, it is the inflection and tone of voice used when speaking that decides the emotion, and often the intent behind the words.

Thus, nobody can really blame another user on the internet for taking something the wrong way, though by giving others the benefit of the doubt and assuming the best intentions in every case many problems can at least be avoided until both parties can really communicate. Adrian spoke well in his last post.

Anyways I'm done being off-topic now, perhaps this is a subject for the off topic forum but, it seemed appropriate to bring up.
http://ca.youtube.com/user/DemonAuraProductions - Check out my videos if you have spare time.
Agnostic
Atheist
I Evolved!
Demonaura you are so right. Without the face-to-face element, it is all too easy to misinterpret what the other person is really saying and meaning.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Veridical NDEs: Evidence/Proof of the Soul and the After-Life? Nishant Xavier 32 1566 August 6, 2023 at 5:36 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  British Non-Catholic Historian on Historical Longevity of the Roman Catholic Church. Nishant Xavier 36 1705 August 6, 2023 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Azeem Ibrahim: The Chinese Communist Party is scared of Christianity. Nishant Xavier 16 1155 July 25, 2023 at 1:17 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
Lightbulb POLL: As an Atheist, What Do You View as Being the Most Rational Political Outlook? Engel 124 34678 June 1, 2022 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  why do people still have faith in god even after seeing their land turned into dust? zempo 8 1422 June 20, 2021 at 8:16 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Backlash after celebrities sing "Imagine" GGG 21 1930 June 22, 2020 at 10:27 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Christian missionary becomes atheist after trying to convert tribe EgoDeath 40 4713 November 19, 2019 at 2:07 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Explaining What Happens After Death ArtVandelay 36 6582 April 1, 2018 at 9:58 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Religious tolerance in British crown dependencies and British overseas territories viocjit 12 1893 February 25, 2018 at 10:49 am
Last Post: viocjit
  After An Atheist Dies Der/die AtheistIn 85 27603 July 31, 2017 at 1:09 am
Last Post: Dropship