Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:40 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quiet nonbeliever
Quiet nonbeliever
Hello to all. I'm a young non-believer, just short of 19 years old. I was a devout Christian once, and I was a very active apologist--my first book on the whole subject was What's So Great About Christianity by Dinesh D'Souza. It made me very intent on defending my faith and converting atheists, but, to put it succinctly, it backfired. So here I am.

I'm looking to learn and discuss and observe and find some social interaction--the vast majority of people I know are believers, and I was recently left by my girlfriend, so I'm a bit isolated and lonely. I hope to find some fulfilling interactions here.

I look forward to meeting the community!
RE: Quiet nonbeliever
Backfire is fun! Heart

I like to shoot people who are trying to backfire, from the front of course Heart
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Nice to meet you sir, you'll be very welcome. And cheer up, we even have female atheists here Wink
[Image: bloodyheretic.png]

"Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds."
Einstein

When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down happy. They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life.

- John Lennon
(June 8, 2011 at 7:07 pm)BloodyHeretic Wrote: Nice to meet you sir, you'll be very welcome. And cheer up, we even have female atheists here Wink

Girls on the internetz?

LIES!
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Quote:Quiet nonbeliever

Wait till you run into a few of our resident theists. They'll bring you out of your shell!

Hi, there.
I am new here also, this seems like a very good opportunity to get a first hand opinion on how the change from strong belief to an agnostic view of it all.
But cheer up this looks like a place of mutual contentment for interaction, so I'm sure you'll find what your looking for...Big Grin
Hello there. I am glad you wandered in. It really is a cool place for diverse thinkers (and a few non-thinkers-er, believers).
Trying to update my sig ...
Welcome to the fundy magnet
Hey nice to meet ya! Can't have enough atheists to bring down. Just make sure to eat your Crow.
And in heaven is your Sustenance, as (also) that which ye are promised - Surah Adh-Dhariyat
Quote:Quiet nonbeliever

Hi, welcome to the forum.

I'm a quiet person, too, although maybe I don't sound like it because it's easier to disguise ourselves on the internet. At least we have something in common. *shifty* Big Grin