Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 1:17 am

Poll: Have my questions been sucessfully answered?(Read Answers To Questions First!)
This poll is closed.
Yes, they have
75.00%
3 75.00%
No, they have not
25.00%
1 25.00%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
An Inconvenient Question(s)
An Inconvenient Question(s)
I have recently read a post called Atheism V.S. The Quran and was rather amused at our dear friend Ryaan, who didn't quite properly refute all the points that the person arguing with him was making. So I decided to make a few questions that anybody, Muslims in particular, can answer. Anybody can also refute any answers too. Answers such as " Well, Person X or Organization X supports my position." or "Thats not true!" will not be counted. Also, just posting a link and letting that explain your position will not count. Asking where I got my informartion from is not an answer and playing the "racist" card is not an answer either. So, without further ado, here are the questions.
1. Wasn't the Quran a cobbled-together combination of plagarisms from the Torah and Bible, sayings of Muhhamad, and assorted drivel that was made after the illiterate founders death?
2. Wasn't over half the material that was proposed to be in the Quran rejected?
3. Aren't sexism, stoning, and intolerance still thriving in Muslim countries?
4. Aren't terrorists following the "word of allah" in waging "holy war/jihad" against anybody who is not a Muslim?
5. Why the theoretical hell aren't we allowed to "make graven images" of Muhhamad? He was just an ordinary man, right?
6. Why do Muslims invoke the "Pretty...poetry..." argument when making a case for the Quran/Islam?
7. Wasn't Muhhamad close friends with a docter that may have provided some of the "super-duper, ultra, ultimate,supreme, devestating, magnificent, amazing, high-tech, state-of-the-art, and just plain worshipful" scientific information?
8. Don't Muslims mutilate their children's reproductive organs and sow up their female babie's...er...private...parts.
9. Why isn't there any argument for Islam that I have as of yet heard of except for the Quran?
10. And, finally, can anyone explain the mass riots...er...protests, death threats and bounties, and some minor propery destruction when a Dutch cartoonist dared to...make a few cartoons that actually, GASP,...showed a picture of an Arabian man, presumably Muhhamad. Very, very openminded and tolerant there.
I do hope that the answers will not result in me doing these actions:
Confusedhock:ThinkingConfused FallROFLOL
RE: An Inconvenient Question(s)
I predict................

[Image: muslims.jpg]
(June 13, 2011 at 8:42 pm)Atheist Jew Wrote:

I'll answer them briefly:

1. There is no evidence that the Quran was cobbled together or plagiarized from the Torah and Bible.
2. Where did you hear that "half of the material was rejected" from the Quran? If you can't support that with a scholarly opinion, then that is a baseless statement.
3. There is no sexism and intolerance in the Quran except for God's intolerance of certain things. Also, there is no mention of stoning the Quran either. Stonings are only mentioned in Hadith books.
4. Terrorists are not following the word of Allah. They think that they are following the word of Allah. And they don't understand the concept of Jihad nor when it is permissible.
5. You believe that he was an ordinary man, while Muslims believe that he was an ordinary man and yet one of the prophets of God. And yes, making silly cartoons of Muhammad is a sin. But you can still do it if you want to.
6. Because the Quran is indeed very poetic if you could read it in Arabic. The linguistic style of the Quran is beautiful and many non-Muslims scholars have said this as well.
7. I know what doctor you're talking about, but there is no evidence that Muhammad was referring to such a doctor to obtain all the scientific information. If he was doing that, then he would've risked his own life as being known as a false prophet.
8. No, Muslims do not mutilate their children's reproductive organs. They circumcise them. Know the difference.
9. The Quran is the best argument for Islam along with it's history, authenticity, and literary excellence which could not have been written by an illiterate man. But there is another argument, which is the life and deeds of Muhammad (pbuh).
10. Some Muslims find that very offensive (while I find it very stupid), but in my opinion, no one should have started mass protests and rioting over such a thing. A cartoon of Muhammad is really not a big issue.

There, I answered your questions. And of course, I voted for "yes" on the poll, and perhaps I'll be the only one to choose that option. Big Grin

@ Minimalist: You seem to have a lot of prejudices in your mind about Muslims along with the Christians (as well as all the other religious people in general). For example, you just posted a picture of Muslims having blood on them which makes it seem as if all Muslims are violent and barbaric. But, I don't know how much of a conscious thought you put before making that post (not to mention that the post has nothing to do with the questions). Also, I don't know if that's what you think about me, but that is definitely not true. Maybe you don't see too much Muslims where you live. I'll tell you that my parents, friends, family, grandparents, cousins, and all my relatives that I know are just as peaceful as many of you here even though they are Muslims. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's what I honestly feel about them.
Okay, my dear friend let me refute your amusing answers.
1. You have no evidence. I have the book "God Is Not Great-How Religion Poisons Everything"
2. You have no evidence. I have the book "God Is Not Great-How Religion Poisons Everything"
3. I never said it was in the Quran, did I?
4. What evidence do you have to support this? And that is just your interpretation.
5. What evidence do you have to support your belief?
6. Newsflash: If you translate almost any poetic piece that may or may not rhyme(do tell me if the Quran does), your result is obviously less than the original, but not by much.
7. No, he wouldn't, because the book was made after his death, and some other people may have put it into the Quran, as demonstrated by the cited fact that over half the material was rejected.
8. Circumcising children fits the textbook definition of mutilation, so yes, it is.
9. No, it is not, since it was made after the illiterate person's death, out of assorted things.
10. Some people?! Those were CROWDS!
Yeah, Rayaan....I can't imagine WHERE I get those ideas from.

[Image: Muslim-protest.jpg] [Image: islam_will_dominate.jpg] [Image: phyliss-Violence_against_Muslim_women.gif] [Image: koran.jpg?w=200&h=216] [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnZNm5WNBuujLnY8Vqej4...w4YOLG&t=1] [Image: world_trade_center_1160603_1.JPG]

Just sort of came to me, I imagine.

It's not all of you of course....but until I see moderate muslims protesting the cult of death that the radicals espouse you are all under suspicion. "Silence means consent" as the old legal maxim goes.

Well said, Minimalist.
Just call me Min.
All right, Min.
1. No.

2. No.

3. No. Though the aphids are present in this garden, they are anything but thriving.

And sexism at least is just about everywhere. And to an extent should be. It seems to me you're trying to suggest these things thrive here and not elsewhere. Hence my answer to your poorly phrased question.

4. Highly unlikely. Terrorists enjoy inflicting this. They would do so whether they follow another or not.

5. Iconoclastic controversies. He was a man, and also a prophet of God.

6. Because they are easily satisfied. A poem is three things... first the words: They must have meaning. The second is the rhyme... they must do so. Finally there is the rhythem... it must flow.

Anything less is a poor excuse for poetry. That holding the first is imagery. That singing the last is song. That carrying the middle is wit.

Poetry is a special thing... something not anyone can do and a being that takes time and work to enter this world. Hence: the quran is not poetry unless it carries all three throughout the work.

7. I certainly don't care. Intellectual property exists only in secrets... and those only until they are told.

8. Yes (female circumcision is mutilation). Know also that mothers of the west typically mutilate their daughter's earlobes.

Oh the woes of slavery. Smile

9. Why isn't there any argument for science that I have heard that isn't the scientific method?

Oh wait... that's right. Dumb question. Yours too.

10. I can. Do you want to hear the explanation of how the 'mind of a crowd' works... or perhaps some other negative analysis of emotion? In a word, that is why. Emotion.

Kind of sick, isn't it? Heart

Quote:I do hope that the answers will not result in me doing these actions:
Confusedhock:ThinkingConfused FallROFLOL

Shock I can understand only if you are easily shocked. You'll get over it.
Thought is good.
Confusion is a failure to understand.
Any laughter experienced as a result of your confusion is due to your own inability.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Quote:And sexism at least is just about everywhere. And to an extent should be. It seems to me you're trying to suggest these things thrive here and not elsewhere. Hence my answer to your poorly phrased question.

Wah? huh? ke?