Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 12:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harold Camping ruptured.
Harold Camping ruptured.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110613/us_n...het_stroke
Quote:LOS ANGELES (Reuters) – Evangelical broadcaster Harold Camping, who rallied thousands of followers with a failed prophecy that the world would come to an end last month, has been hospitalized after suffering a stroke, a spokesman said on Monday.

Camping, 89, fell ill following a broadcast of his daily "Open Forum" radio show last Thursday evening in Oakland, California, and was admitted to an undisclosed hospital in the San Francisco Bay area, said Tom Evans, a spokesman for his Family Radio network.

"He's doing well, and that's all we want to say right now," Evans told Reuters by telephone.

He said the Family Network of 66 U.S. stations that carry Camping's show has been airing a periodic announcement about his stroke for listeners, and that the network would play archived broadcasts of his show for the time being.

Camping drew international headlines by predicting the biblical Judgment Day would occur on May 21, launching a doomsday countdown in which some followers spent their life's savings in anticipation of being swept into heaven that day.

But after Camping's prophecy failed to materialize, he said he had simply miscalculated by five months and pronounced a new date for the apocalypse, October 21.

Guess his right about doomsday coming close, for him that is.
Quote:"I think it's perfectly possible to explain how the universe came about without bringing God into it, but I don't know everything, and there may well be a God somewhere, hiding away. Actually, if he is keeping out of sight, it's because he's ashamed of his followers and all the cruelty and ignorance they're responsible for promoting in his name. If I were him, I'd want nothing to do with them."
— Philip Pullman
RE: Harold Camping ruptured.
Quote:But after Camping's prophecy failed to materialize, he said he had simply miscalculated by five months and pronounced a new date for the apocalypse, October 21.

And there will be untold numbers of morons who fall for his shit again....because being a xtian means that the barrel of stupidity has no bottom.
You know, I'm actually curious as to whether or not he actually believed he would be around to see his prophecy fail when he made the prediction. I guess we'll never know.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Maybe he had medical advice about his coming end, from, say, a Jesus Padre, MD.

"Harold, you're gonna have a stroke any day now. Best get your shit in order."
Trying to update my sig ...
(June 20, 2011 at 2:43 am)Minimalist Wrote: And there will be untold numbers of morons who fall for his shit again....because being a xtian means that the barrel of stupidity has no bottom.
christians who actually read the bible know that his predictions are silly ....

"You know, I know this steak doesn't exist. I know that when I put it in my mouth, the Matrix is telling my brain that it is juicy and delicious. After nine years, you know what I realize? Ignorance is bliss." -Cypher (the matrix)
Would be kinda funny if it was his world that ends on October 21.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
(June 20, 2011 at 1:52 pm)bbrettle Wrote:
(June 20, 2011 at 2:43 am)Minimalist Wrote: And there will be untold numbers of morons who fall for his shit again....because being a xtian means that the barrel of stupidity has no bottom.
christians who actually read the bible know that his predictions are silly ....

They all cherry-pick to one degree or another.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Harold Camping dead at 92 Cyberman 25 4171 December 19, 2013 at 8:04 pm
Last Post: Manowar
  Harold Camping "repents" Jaysyn 15 4085 November 4, 2011 at 1:45 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Dear Mr. Camping. Gawdzilla 0 1351 May 21, 2011 at 6:44 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla