Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 8:27 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello!
Smile 
Hello!
Good Morning,

I''ve been a devoted Christian ever since I was born. However, I've recently started to question some of the Bible's teachings. I'm here to learn about how you Atheists think. I'm game for any discussion as long as people are civil about it.

TheologicalThinker1
RE: Hello!
(June 24, 2011 at 1:00 pm)TheologicalThinker1 Wrote: Good Morning,

I''ve been a devoted Christian ever since I was born. However, I've recently started to question some of the Bible's teachings. I'm here to learn about how you Atheists think. I'm game for any discussion as long as people are civil about it.

TheologicalThinker1

I'm kinda in the same boat as you. Anyhow, I'm new too. Good to see a fellow nOOb on here. :p

TheologicalThinker1

Good, I'm glad, it's hard to stop questioning once you start, hopefully you won't, and then maybe TheologicalThinker1 will become a free thinker instead. Welcome Tongue
[Image: bloodyheretic.png]

"Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds."
Einstein

When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down happy. They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life.

- John Lennon
(June 24, 2011 at 1:03 pm)goodone Wrote:

TheologicalThinker1

I'm kinda in the same boat as you. Anyhow, I'm new too. Good to see a fellow nOOb on here. :p

It's always a wondrous pleasure to meet a fellow Christian, not that meeting a person of another faith is necessarily bad. It's nice to meet someone new, though. I was a tad bit worried about if I would be the only new one here! Glad to see I'm not the only new one!

TheologicalThinker1

TheologicalThinker1

Welcome.

As to what I think.

As there is no evidence for a god, on the balance of probability, there isnt one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyBx1Hh4-IY

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(June 24, 2011 at 1:08 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote:

TheologicalThinker1

Welcome.

As to what I think.

As there is no evidence for a god, on the balance of probability, there isnt one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyBx1Hh4-IY

However, there's no evidence that there isn't a God, no? I still believe in God very strongly, perhaps that may change, but my main questions come from some of the teachings of the Bible, not God himself.

(June 24, 2011 at 1:07 pm)TheologicalThinker1 Wrote:

TheologicalThinker1

It's always a wondrous pleasure to meet a fellow Christian, not that meeting a person of another faith is necessarily bad. It's nice to meet someone new, though. I was a tad bit worried about if I would be the only new one here! Glad to see I'm not the only new one!

TheologicalThinker1

I hear you. I felt the same way. Glad I'm not the only one too. Seems like a lot of nice people on here. Smile

(June 24, 2011 at 1:10 pm)goodone Wrote:

TheologicalThinker1

TheologicalThinker1

I hear you. I felt the same way. Glad I'm not the only one too. Seems like a lot of nice people on here. Smile

Do thou likest it here? Hehe Wink! It does seem like there are a lot of nice people here, though.
Interesting discussion thus far.
(June 24, 2011 at 1:13 pm)TheologicalThinker1 Wrote:
(June 24, 2011 at 1:10 pm)goodone Wrote:

TheologicalThinker1

TheologicalThinker1

Do thou likest it here? Hehe Wink! It does seem like there are a lot of nice people here, though.

Indeed, I likest it so far. ROFLOL

Hi downbeatplumb and bloodyHeretic. Big Grin
(June 24, 2011 at 1:10 pm)TheologicalThinker1 Wrote: However, there's no evidence that there isn't a God, no? I still believe in God very strongly, perhaps that may change, but my main questions come from some of the teachings of the Bible, not God himself.

You do know how bad this argument is for god right?

Anyway its not up to us to find proof that goes against the idea of god. Even though the idea of what god 'is' has changed in recent centuries to accomodate the facts. It wasnt so long ago that to agree with evolution was to deny god ditto geology and the age of the earth.

It is up to theists to provide positive evidence FOR god and for a particular god at that.

Good luck with that. Wink Shades

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Hello Hello loush 17 5994 December 13, 2010 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: theophilus
  Hello hello! DgyJff 8 3647 August 30, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: RachelSkates