Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 10:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Muslim Child Abuse
Muslim Child Abuse
I've gotta say, I know I've already posted a couple of threads in quick succession on muslims, but this religion is really getting up my nose recently.

Here is an example of why the UK banned corporal punishment in classrooms:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhSd8eOTS...ture=feedf

For me hitting children with sticks is not civilised.
RE: Muslim Child Abuse
That "Teacher" has impressive form. Notice the full extension at point of contact, and the amount of force transferred from the implement to the subject. I wonder how long it took to get good at that.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I hate mean teachers like this, but not Islam.
Is there any basis in the Koran for this type of punishment? Is it completely the invention of the people perpetrating it? Rayaan, Adam?

You know I really need to start typing Qu'ran instead of Koran..lol, apologize for that.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(June 29, 2011 at 1:22 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Is there any basis in the Koran for this type of punishment?

No.

(June 29, 2011 at 1:22 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Is it completely the invention of the people perpetrating it?

Yes.

Would it be fair to say, in your opinion, that the Qu'ran does not condone domestic violence? Are children specifically exempt, or are all members of the family exempt?
(June 29, 2011 at 1:31 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Would it be fair to say, in your opinion, that the Qu'ran does not condone domestic violence? Are children specifically exempt, or are all members of the family exempt?

According to my knowledge, the answer is no.

On the contrary, the Quran encourages kind treatment with one's family members. See this: Islam and Domestic Violence

Absolutely, I'll check that out. Mind taking the time to clarify 4:34 for me (and the lurkers here on the forums)

Men are in charge of women by [right of] what Allah has given one over the other and what they spend [for maintenance] from their wealth.
So righteous women are devoutly obedient, guarding in [the husband's] absence what Allah would have them guard.
But those [wives] from whom you fear arrogance -

[first] advise them; [then if they persist], forsake them in bed; and [finally], strike them. But if they obey you [once more], seek no means against them. Indeed, Allah is ever Exalted and Grand.

The bolding is mine. I have a fantastically beautiful Qu'ran, given to me by a man I respect greatly. Sadly I don't speak or read any arabic dialect, and so I have to rely on translations which I have no way of checking the accuracy of other than appealing to authority.

Yes I do see that this is touched upon in the link, but alot of people wont visit it. Gives you a chance to set the record straight there.
Quote:Men are in charge of women by [right of] what Allah has given one over the other

Um...how about

Quote:Men are in charge of women by [right of] what Allah has given one over the other because men wrote the fucking thing.
(June 29, 2011 at 1:51 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Men are in charge of women by [right of] what Allah has given one over the other and what they spend [for maintenance] from their wealth.
So righteous women are devoutly obedient, guarding in [the husband's] absence what Allah would have them guard.
But those [wives] from whom you fear arrogance -

The husband's obligations, as defined in this verse, are to help them providing financial support to his wife, as well as using his natural superiorities, such as strength, in the context of being the wife's guardian and protector. The 'obedience' of the woman being referred to in this verse is that of protecting the property of the husband, his honor, and guarding the secrets, which are natural corollaries to the obligations of the husband according to the Quran.

(June 29, 2011 at 1:51 pm)Rhythm Wrote: [first] advise them; [then if they persist], forsake them in bed; and [finally], strike them. But if they obey you [once more], seek no means against them. Indeed, Allah is ever Exalted and Grand.

The man is told to advice first, meaning rationally discuss, and if this doesn't work, he can detach himself emotionally and physically (i.e. the last two options). Hence the "striking" is mentioned, which is there only as a permission, but he doesn't have to strike her. Discussing with her is the most important because it is mentioned before anything else.

To many of the macho and arrogant Arabs it was unheard of to discuss with their wives. They viewed them as inferior and trying to engage in a discussion would be a psychological blow to their ego, yet they are being commanded to do so in the Quran. If a husband tries to use this verse to mistreat his wife, then he is committing a sin and abusing his position as a husband in every measure, and he will find no support from the text or from the force of law, as the same verse (4:34) says that he is the guardian and protector, not an enforcer of his own desires.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Warning:You are in danger. Non-Muslim in danger! AVMXF 67 4965 July 23, 2023 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  LGBTQ Rights in Countries with a Muslim Magority Leonardo17 16 2228 January 14, 2023 at 7:33 am
Last Post: Leonardo17
  WHo is "The Pharaoh" in the Muslim Holy Book Leonardo17 14 1222 December 1, 2022 at 11:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  3 simple points to end the discussion with any muslim SaStrike 10 1308 September 20, 2022 at 12:14 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The only woman to win the Fields Medal was a Muslim Alexmahone 25 4664 August 28, 2022 at 2:41 pm
Last Post: Eclectic
  There is no contradiction in the Qur'an! my answer as a muslim real muslim 37 3785 July 29, 2020 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  A six-year old child was beheaded outside Prophet's mosque in Medina yragnitup 12 1843 February 10, 2019 at 7:39 pm
Last Post: Belacqua
  Fall of Muslim science Fake Messiah 1 771 January 13, 2019 at 8:59 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Muslim men to not shake hands with females Rika82 9 1903 September 13, 2018 at 2:15 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  If a muslim grows old, do they have to dye their hair? Ruckus123 5 914 April 16, 2018 at 11:53 pm
Last Post: yragnitup