Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 6:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PS3 <-> PC
PS3 <-> PC
Ok. My PS3 is connected to my router. My PC is connected to my router.

How do I get my PS3 to see files (mainly video) on the PC and play them?
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
RE: PS3 <-> PC
You need to save your PC files on something, like a USB card, memory card, etc... and then connect that to your PS3 to save the files onto the PS3.
If you want you can email the files to yourself, use the PS3's web browser to access your e-mail and save the files.
Quote:"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. "
Martin Luther King, Jr.
I understand what you want... but it's not happening. Use an external hard drive.
Quote:"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. "
Martin Luther King, Jr.
Download a thing called Tversity it streams movies to your Console from your pc/laptop. free tpo download and easy to set up
I used to live in a room full of mirrors; all I could see was me. I take my spirit and I crash my mirrors, now the whole world is here for me to see.
Jimi Hendrix

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not.
Kurt Cobain
(July 9, 2011 at 2:23 am)Darwinian Wrote: Ok. My PS3 is connected to my router. My PC is connected to my router.

How do I get my PS3 to see files (mainly video) on the PC and play them?

If you're running on windows, all you have to do is setup your media server and share your files. To access those permissions, open windows media player and under tools there should be an option to turn on sharing. Go to the folder(s) you want to be shared, right click > properties > sharing > and turn it on. After you've set that up on your pc, go to your PS3 and turn on your media server in the toolbox tile. I'm going mainly off of memory but those steps are pretty accurate if I recall correctly.