Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 2:55 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello!
Hello!
I know I've made a few mistakes - making an extremely open-ended thread being one of them and starting on the wrong foot with others being the other - and I want to start off from scratch. So here it is...

Hi, I'm Richard and I'm a Christian! Because of some events in my family, I find it very hard to believe there is no god. I shall share an event or two later - the intro section doesn't seem appropriate enough Smile
RE: Hello!
Belated welcome and as long as we learn from our mistakes, they are forgiveable. Also, the introduction section would actually be a great place to share personal experiences with religion.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Well, you did ruffle some feathers, to be sure. Nontheless, welcome to the forums! Try not to get eaten Big Grin
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

meh ...
[Image: Evolution.png]

I suppose I can emulate these two bastards.....

[Image: forgiveness-paedopriest-demotivational-p...268644.jpg]

( I wonder if they mean it? )
(July 19, 2011 at 2:18 am)FaithNoMore Wrote: Belated welcome and as long as we learn from our mistakes, they are forgiveable. Also, the introduction section would actually be a great place to share personal experiences with religion.

Okay then, I'll write it tomorrow. For now, I'll hit the sack.

"Well, you did ruffle some feathers, to be sure. Nontheless, welcome to the forums! Try not to get eaten"
I'll try my best, thanks Smile
(July 19, 2011 at 2:15 am)TheCarlisle Wrote: Hi, I'm Richard and I'm a Christian! Because of some events in my family, I find it very hard to believe there is no god.

Don't you mean lack of belief? We all start off as an atheist mate, some remain atheist their whole lives, some return to it at some point after having some kind of religious belief, and some never doubt or question religious beliefs and remain so to their deaths. Tongue

Anyway, lets see how things go. Big Grin
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
My father was never a really religious person. He went to church while little, but no longer. He still believes in God and prays every day, though. In the 80's he was a manager for one of Mother's Pizza in Hamilton, Ontario. The lobby his restaurant was about 50ft by 50ft. None of the employees showed any signs of wanting to leave at the time, and business went as usual.
One night, a female employee was doing the closing routine and that involved locking the doors while cleaning up. She left a big trash bin in the lobby while she went to the back of the restaurant to get some cleaning things. While in the back, she heard a loud bang which was followed by some laughter. She came to the front of the restaurant to see what was going on and saw the trash bin empty. Its contents were thrown throughout the lobby, literally from corner to corner. Frightened, she left the store and refused to enter that restaurant again. The next morning, the mess was still there and 2 other people quit when they saw the mess. I'm not too certain whether the police were there because they suspected foul play.

I kid you not.
And?

Trash gets scattered, end of?
wtf.

I have a random story to tell too.

My dad was religious - and this one time, some stuff happened at his work and people left.
[Image: Evolution.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Hello Hello loush 17 5962 December 13, 2010 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: theophilus
  Hello hello! DgyJff 8 3632 August 30, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: RachelSkates