Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:43 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bad Arguments for God
Bad Arguments for God
I don't know about you, but I'm sick and tired of poor and inconsistent arguments for the existence of God.

I wrote an article on my website which points out the flaws and incoherence of the teleological and cosmological arguments.

Check it out at http://www.blazingtruth.com/2011/07/god-...-universe/

Is there anything I missed? Discuss it below.

Thank you for your time,

D
RE: Bad Arguments for God
Every argument for god is a bad argument.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
Heh, then maybe I'm just sick and tired in general.
Where do I start when it comes to bad arguments for the existence of God X. Although the Apostle Paul made an awful argument for the existence of god in the start of the Epistle to the Romans.

Quote:For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and wickedness of those who by their wickedness suppress the truth. For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. Ever since the creation of the world his eternal power and divine nature, invisible though they are, have been understood and seen through the things he has made. So they are without excuse;

Romans 1:18-20 NRSV
undefined
Durrrrr, God exshists becuz it says so in the buyble durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
(July 23, 2011 at 7:43 am)Ace Otana Wrote: Every argument for god is a bad argument.

Yes, but there are very common arguments such as Pascal's Wager, to which the more slippery theists will cling. I think atheists need to spend a lot more time on crap like that, because attacking the Bible and hypocrisy rarely works.
Actually most of the christian apologetics are centuries old. Most of the arguments I've seen can be condensed and referred to a simpler source. Proponents of these arguments will do whatever they like when confronted with this, of course. Discussion such as those I think have more value for the lurker than anyone engaging in the discussion.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Quote:Yes, but there are very common arguments such as Pascal's Wager

"Pascal's Wager" is an argument for their specific god not god in general. Ask some shitstain who is using it what he would do if he found himself facing Odin and Odin wants to know why he didn't die with a sword in his hand. They will quickly get off it while shrieking that Odin is false but their vision of the sky-daddy is real.
I'm not convinced by any argument for gods. The only proof would be for one of them to appear.
Furthermore, I don't want gods to exist.
HuhA man is born to a virgin mother, lives, dies, comes alive again and then disappears into the clouds to become his Dad. How likely is that?
I don't even know why people still hold to things like this. Only if a god show him(her?)self to me i'll believe in god. And i know, thats impossible. Even then, if it happens at all, i would most certainly ask , "Dude! Were you living under a rock??"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My take on one of the arguments about omnipotence ShinyCrystals 9 698 September 4, 2023 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  A "meta-argument" against all future arguments for God's existence ? R00tKiT 225 15941 April 17, 2022 at 2:11 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Arguments against Soul FlatAssembler 327 23806 February 20, 2020 at 11:28 am
  Arguments Against Creator God GrandizerII 77 19039 November 16, 2019 at 9:38 am
  Arguments against existence of God. Mystic 336 78462 December 7, 2018 at 1:03 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Evidence for a god. Do you have any? Simplified arguments version. purplepurpose 112 12163 November 20, 2018 at 4:35 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  Best Theistic Arguments ShirkahnW 251 51065 July 8, 2018 at 12:13 am
  Atheism in control would be bad Radieo31 66 14158 January 13, 2018 at 9:34 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Does Jesus Mythicism give atheism a bad name? Jehanne 44 6778 May 19, 2016 at 11:03 pm
  Why do bad things happen? Because they do. Brian37 14 3875 April 8, 2016 at 8:29 am
Last Post: BenMighty