Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 7:46 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Adjustment Bureau
The Adjustment Bureau
I just finished watching the movie - The Adjustment Bureau

Seen it? You can see the premise of the movie for yourself by clicking below, but I wanted to make mention of it to see if anyone else on this forum had an opinion. The end of the movie does drop the ball a bit I'm afraid, but overall, it offered up a an interesting and not-so-subtle take on who god is and more importantly, the role he plays in the free-will of man. I'd certainly discuss it if anyone has seen it and had a good observation.

At any rate, it's a fun waste of time, and although it's attempt at a social statement is not anywhere near as epic as I'm sure the director would've liked to make it - it's still quite an interesting movie to check out if you've got a couple hours to burn.

Don't read this if you're going to watch the movie.

[Image: Evolution.png]

RE: The Adjustment Bureau
Umm, tried to watch it but got bored after about 20 minutes. I kept thinking of movie such as: "The Matrix", "The Island' and that weird movie with Tom Cruise where they put people in suspended animation for crimes they were GOING to commit.
RE: The Adjustment Bureau
(July 31, 2011 at 1:41 am)padraic Wrote: Umm, tried to watch it but got bored after about 20 minutes. I kept thinking of movie such as: "The Matrix", "The Island' and that weird movie with Tom Cruise where they put people in suspended animation for crimes they were GOING to commit.

Well, yes, the movie does borrow a bit from those other movies, but than again so did those movies from yet others. It's a rare thing these days that Hollywood comes out with anything completely original, but hell, I wouldn't be able to watch anything if I held every movie to a standard of total originality.

Unfortunately, if you only watched 20 minutes of it, you probably won't have much opinion on the "god factor" of the film, so I spose it doesn't much matter.
[Image: Evolution.png]