Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 1:46 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm not eating. YAY!
I'm not eating. YAY!
Because it's Ramadan. Smile
No food nor water for about 16 hours (from 4:20 A.M to 8:15 PM).

It's kind of hard, though, especially in this hot weather in August. But I'm used to it and time seems to go really fast when I'm fasting. And we have to do this for a month.

Ramadan pictures from last year:
http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2010/08..._2010.html
RE: I'm not eating. YAY!
In 3rd world countries it's Ramadan all day every day Big Grin

[Image: 4rynft.jpg]

Religion is like a Penis, you shouldn't whip it out in public and you shouldn't shove it down your child's throat.
[Image: ao1i8o.png]
Too bad, man....

I'll bet

[Image: 20100527_sandwich_14_katsdeli_pastrami.jpg]

a pastrami on rye with mustard and a kosher pickle must be looking pretty good by now?

[Image: Icon_rabbi.gif]

Or maybe Ham and Swiss?
Mmmm, you know what sounds even better...some good tasty baby stew :p

[Image: we_eat_babies_answer_4_xlarge.png]
Its big enough to feed the whole family for weeks.
[Image: 4rynft.jpg]

Religion is like a Penis, you shouldn't whip it out in public and you shouldn't shove it down your child's throat.
[Image: ao1i8o.png]
Wait, you have to stop eating at exactly 420AM.......this would pose a serious problem for me.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
You have to stop eating just before sunrise. The fasting is essentially from sunrise to sunset, and of course, the time varies depending on where you live.
Wow, you're a better man than I. Do you stuff your face come sunset?
[Image: bloodyheretic.png]

"Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds."
Einstein

When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down happy. They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life.

- John Lennon
[Image: 0707dp_10_z%252B2007_July_diesel_industr...burger.jpg]
[Image: Evolution.png]

(August 1, 2011 at 6:21 pm)Rayaan Wrote: You have to stop eating just before sunrise. The fasting is essentially from sunrise to sunset, and of course, the time varies depending on where you live.

We've already been through this rayaan...you don't stop eating (full stop) you do the whole "It's too hot to eat and there is not food that is edible in this heat" Then when the sun goes down you gorge on food and try to sleep.

I wonder if bulimics started this way.

Anyway the best thing is Eid at the end of the month when the weather is cooler and you can gorge in daylight hours

Enjoy
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(August 1, 2011 at 5:35 pm)Rayaan Wrote: Because it's Ramadan. Smile
No food nor water for about 16 hours (from 4:20 A.M to 8:15 PM).

It's kind of hard, though, especially in this hot weather in August. But I'm used to it and time seems to go really fast when I'm fasting. And we have to do this for a month.

Ramadan pictures from last year:
http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2010/08..._2010.html

I'm eating a Bacon sandwich - Your religion sucks.

Those pictures are pretty cool though.
(August 1, 2011 at 6:21 pm)Rayaan Wrote: You have to stop eating just before sunrise. The fasting is essentially from sunrise to sunset, and of course, the time varies depending on where you live.

So you just stuff your face at night then?