Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:05 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Australian Dino Tracks
Australian Dino Tracks
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/201...104301.htm

Quote:Paleontologists have discovered a group of more than 20 polar dinosaur tracks on the coast of Victoria, Australia, offering a rare glimpse into animal behavior during the last period of pronounced global warming, about 105 million years ago.

Expect the creationist shitwits to drop by shrieking that these tracks are not more than 6,000 years old because their fucking bible says so.

RE: Australian Dino Tracks
I actually been to that part of Victoria (Otways Coast) quite a few times, although not to that particular beach.
undefined
Nonsense Min,they're just tracks from a local foot ball team on a training run.

Seriously, I'm not at all surprised, they're always finding something impressive. I understand Australia is geologically far older than many other places on earth. Eg our local mountains "The Mount Lofty Ranges" are rather low and rounded,indicating great age.Locals call them 'The Adelaide Hills'. The Himalayas one the other hand, are high and sharp,indicating a young mountain range.
It's not true. Satan stamped those tracks there to lead us from our faith... oh, wait.

Great article. Thanks for posting. I use to love Dinosaur Paleontology when I was a little boy.
"In life you can never be too kind or too fair; everyone you meet is carrying a heavy load. When you go through your day expressing kindness and courtesy to all you meet, you leave behind a feeling of warmth and good cheer, and you help alleviate the burdens everyone is struggling with."
Brian Tracy
The nut jobs think all the mountains are the same age, Pad because they were created by Noah's fucking flood.
(August 10, 2011 at 7:51 pm)padraic Wrote: Nonsense Min,they're just tracks from a local foot ball team on a training run.

Seriously, I'm not at all surprised, they're always finding something impressive. I understand Australia is geologically far older than many other places on earth. Eg our local mountains "The Mount Lofty Ranges" are rather low and rounded,indicating great age.Locals call them 'The Adelaide Hills'. The Himalayas one the other hand, are high and sharp,indicating a young mountain range.

Every major continent is made up from a large number of different pieces ranging widely in age. The oldest part of Australia is no older than the oldest part of any other continent. What distinguishes Australia is it is the only continent sized land mass that hasn't seen episold of major mountain building comparable to the great mountain ranges on each of the other continents within the last 150 million years or so. By luck it is not situated near the edge of the lithspheric plate it is part of, so it didn't have anything subducted underneath it to form anything like the Andes or Rockies, nor did it hit anything to form the likes of the Alps or Himalayas.

(August 11, 2011 at 1:58 am)Minimalist Wrote: The nut jobs think all the mountains are the same age, Pad because they were created by Noah's fucking flood.

Come on Min, everybody knows that Noah kept the last Raptor for himself!
[Image: Evolution.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Largest diversity of dinosaur tracks to be found The Valkyrie 4 726 March 28, 2017 at 7:24 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama