Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 1:17 am

Poll: Are there any problems with atheism?
This poll is closed.
There are no problems with atheism
82.76%
24 82.76%
There are some problems with atheism
17.24%
5 17.24%
Total 29 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No problems with atheism then...
No problems with atheism then...
In another thread I tried to start a discussion on what problems there might be with atheism. What I had in mind was some kind of general discussion on the basis that (in common with every other proposition under the sun) there are some problems associated with atheism. I had hoped that people would be interested to identify them, discuss their natures, and possible solutions.

To try and kick start the discussion I proposed the way I found it impossible to find atheist-based help to deal with particular dilemma that I experienced some years ago and had therefore gone to a local minister of church, who I had found to be extremely helpful. However it turned out that people proved to be far more interested in berating me for my failure to find an atheistic solution to my problem than they were in entertaining any possibility that there may in fact be any possible problems inherent in atheism.

I am not quite sure whether this unfortunate and (to my mind) somewhat savage response was mainly caused by my having chosen a bad initial example, or whether it is because the participants are unable to even contemplate any possibility that there might be any problems whatsoever with atheism.

Ever hopeful (and trusting the emotion of "hope" is permitted within current atheist dogma) I have decided to open the same subject again in a new thread but without any example of my own. Instead I ask others to propose anything that you might consider to be a problem with atheism, which may then perhaps be discussed in a more civilised (and possibly intelligent) manner than was my initial experience.

So ... over to you ...
RE: No problems with atheism then...
A problem with atheism.....some atheists..lol.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(August 18, 2011 at 3:49 pm)Godnose Wrote: I am not quite sure whether this unfortunate and (to my mind) somewhat savage response was mainly caused by my having chosen a bad initial example, or whether it is because the participants are unable to even contemplate any possibility that there might be any problems whatsoever with atheism.

Or because the person asking the question was being intentionally obtuse.
There is no evidence that atheism is correct - along with theism - and that's a bit of a problem actually, isn't it?
I like your crazyness... you know, in a bad way
Cunt
(August 18, 2011 at 4:48 pm)Rayaan Wrote: There is no evidence that atheism is correct - along with theism - and that's a bit of a problem actually, isn't it?

A problem is something that exists in the mind. So if you say it is a problem then it is a problem.

Did you vote on the poll?
(August 18, 2011 at 4:48 pm)Rayaan Wrote: There is no evidence that atheism is correct - along with theism - and that's a bit of a problem actually, isn't it?

Only a problem for those that claim something exists.

I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(August 18, 2011 at 3:59 pm)Rhythm Wrote: A problem with atheism.....some atheists..lol.

Very droll. How did you vote in the poll?
(August 18, 2011 at 4:53 pm)Rhythm Wrote:

Exactly, just because a ton of people say there is some god doesn't make that true, either, nor is it evidence.
(August 18, 2011 at 4:53 pm)Rhythm Wrote:

So it is a problem for some then. In the poll did you vote for yourself or for those you are representing here? Or did you choose the path of apathy?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If you're really a spektic then explain this: jasonstackhouse 142 5918 February 24, 2024 at 7:28 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Atheists, if God doesnt exist, then explain why Keanu Reeves looks like Jesus Christ Frakki 9 1035 April 1, 2023 at 4:07 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  No soul? No free will and no responsibility then, yet the latter's essential... Duty 33 4129 August 26, 2020 at 4:35 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  [Serious] When God isn't the answer to the question, then what is? Catharsis 55 6884 May 31, 2019 at 1:38 pm
Last Post: SlowCalculations
  Atheism VS Christian Atheism? IanHulett 80 27164 June 13, 2017 at 11:09 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Serious Problems with Atheism Pulse 300 23978 January 29, 2017 at 4:22 am
Last Post: maestroanth
Video Problems With the Bible pt 8 - Jonah and the Whale Mental Outlaw 0 840 July 26, 2015 at 11:38 am
Last Post: Mental Outlaw
  The Problems with Heaven (besides not existing) Mental Outlaw 0 1070 July 10, 2015 at 10:13 pm
Last Post: Mental Outlaw
Video Problems With the Bible Pt 7 - Moses Mental Outlaw 4 1482 May 24, 2015 at 4:58 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Ended up having to get fit and then your reggiechasteen 1 957 May 8, 2015 at 9:02 am
Last Post: Cyberman