Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 9:09 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BIN to ISO
BIN to ISO
This is a pretty technical question but I was hoping someone on here who is especially good with computers could help me.

I need some way (preferably easy) to convert a BIN file to an ISO file. I've googled it and have a program which supposedly enables me to do so, but it fails miserably.
When I use the program (which is called Bin2Iso) it comes up with an error saying: SHARED.EXE was not loaded

This is really frustrating me as I am trying to install something which should have been downloaded as an ISO file in the first place but for some fucking reason it's downloaded as a BIN file.

I know some of the admin's here are good with computers so I was just wondering if anyone at all knew what to do.
RE: BIN to ISO
Well, try using a new program such as MagicIso or try manually converting it yourself by extracting the bin and then re-archiving it as a rar file and then changing the extension to iso.

Or, go back to where you downloaded the file, if it's a direct link
1. Right click on the link
2. Click save link as
3. in the filename box if it has a bin .extension, replace it with .iso

I had a problem where .mp4's would download as a .bin file and doing the above process fixed it for me (changing the extension in the filename it's set to download as)
Nice one! I used UltraISO instead, worked first time. The problem was with the program I was using before. Thanks for the info.
Are you burning VCD's? If so, from memory, I think you can use Nero. I stopped doing that a long time ago as the quality is crap.
VMware ESXi needs ISO's to mount as virtual DVD/CD, so sometimes I use ultraISO as well to convert BIN or IMG media images. Works very well.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
I was using it to mount several game files to the cd/dvd. Doesn't really matter anymore as the game doesn't bloody work anyway.
(August 26, 2011 at 7:43 am)Napoleon Wrote: I was using it to mount several game files to the cd/dvd. Doesn't really matter anymore as the game doesn't bloody work anyway.

What game & what OS?
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
(August 26, 2011 at 8:07 am)Jaysyn Wrote:
(August 26, 2011 at 7:43 am)Napoleon Wrote: I was using it to mount several game files to the cd/dvd. Doesn't really matter anymore as the game doesn't bloody work anyway.

What game & what OS?

Kotor 2 for windows 7. I am aware there are compatability issues, but I've done everything in that respect and I'm sure it's not the issue as there are other people who can get it to work and I've followed several different paths in order to get it to work.

The problem is either with the crack I am using or my graphics card, I'm skeptical about it being my graphics card because I can run kotor 1 on it, and morrowind without any problems, and I'm skeptical about it being the crack because I know the crack should work.

The game loads up, I can even go to the character creation screen, EVEN see the first intro. But when it comes to actually getting into the actual game it crashes. Bummer.