Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 9:46 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last Person To Post Wins!
Last Person To Post Wins!
UPDATE: The current time limit is 12 hours!

Now that leo's "King of the hill" thread is over, people can go back to posting at a leisurely pace, and we can have a bit of tranquility here on the forums.

Not bloody likely!

I'm officially opening up a new competition thread, which is similar to leo's, but has some fundamental differences. Read on if you want to play! This is quite a simple idea, and it's been played at some other forums I've been active on in the past. The general idea (as with leo's) is that the last person to post wins. However, instead of deciding who that is by having an unknown "end time", the winner is the person who holds the last post in the thread for a specific amount of time.

The amount of time we are starting with is 24 hours, so if your post is the last one in the thread, and it remains so for more than 24 hours, you win! It's as simple as that...well, not really. Every week the time frame will get cut in half. Next week, you'll only have to hold the last post for 12 hours, and the week after that, 6 hours, and so on until we get down to ridiculous amounts of time (or until someone wins).

This whole competition also relies on people being honest; please help check times of posts, and if you see that someone has won, make it known in the thread. Standard rules of the forums apply to all posts; other than that, you can talk about anything you want.

Prizes will be done differently to leo's competition. I'll be announcing some of them later on (since some are in storage and I'm moving house atm), but if anyone wants to donate a prize, please let me know via PM. A prize can be anything from something physical, to a monetary amount, to some sort of service.

Current Prize List
  • A paperback copy of "The God Delusion", signed by Richard Dawkins. (Donated by Tiberius)

Finally, I'll be updating this post whenever something changes (i.e. a new time frame is activated, or a new prize is donated). I am also immune from winning, so treat any of my posts as invisible. People who donate prizes can still win, but I might suggest that if they do, they award their prize to a "runner up", perhaps the person who posted the most amount of times.

Good luck everyone!
RE: Last Person To Post Wins!
Well then ... let's get it started! Big Grin
No fair. I was gonna do something similar. Tongue
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
Too many rules.
(September 13, 2011 at 5:32 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Too many rules.
What I meant was that people can't just post utter rubbish, or spam, or troll. This is a thread for people to have long conversations about anything they like in; not for people to just post "I've won" again and again.
I wonder what the kind of prizes would be.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Perhaps it is a Creedance Clearwater Revival collection? Big Grin
Don’t guess I’ll play then as I’ve already got everything CCR ever published.
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
Pity. I just have the internet. Big Grin
I've won!

Just kidding. Tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Last Movie You Watched Foxaèr 5409 440830 2 hours ago
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  A person and a pet Foxaèr 8 494 August 19, 2023 at 6:01 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  About last night (A Haiku) no one 2 549 March 18, 2023 at 8:58 am
Last Post: no one
  What Were You Dreaming About Last Night? Disagreeable 17 1593 February 2, 2022 at 11:51 am
Last Post: no one
  Last night my 10-year old daughter said that she did not believe in God. Jehanne 22 2041 December 26, 2021 at 5:37 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The last book you read zwanzig 27 1656 October 18, 2021 at 9:45 am
Last Post: brewer
  Save the best for last person brewer 23 1813 September 16, 2021 at 2:56 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  The last person to post wins ! Leo34 13901 953884 May 13, 2021 at 3:39 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Did anyone else attend HumanLight zoom meeting last night? Apollo 8 1045 December 25, 2020 at 6:20 pm
Last Post: Apollo
  Last movie you didn't watch Fake Messiah 43 2692 November 16, 2020 at 7:02 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah