Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 9:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back on the horse, for now
Back on the horse, for now
Hi everyone at Atheist Forums. My name is Steve and I'm from a little town you've probably never heard of in the the heart of England, in a region known locally as the Black Country. I've been an atheist all my life (so far) and have never even been tempted by the drug of religion; although since an exceptionally traumatic and life-changing event that happened early last summer, I can see perhaps more clearly how alluring a drug it could be to someone in a vulnerable state.

For several years now I've been somewhat active on boards like this. I cut my teeth over at JesusNeverExisted.org, along with the now-extinct EvilBible forum, and thence to the similarly-extinct-though-almost-imperceptibly-still-twitching CVAtheists. On my travels I've been privileged to meet some very nice and supportive people who, in the real world, I would be proud to consider my friends. Some of them I know are around here, so a quick handshake or hug (as appropriate) from me to you guys. Together we have crossed swords and vastly outmatched wits with some astonishingly inhuman, idiotic, and just plain batshit xtian opponents.

Elsewhere in my online world, I have a blog over at wordpress - link below - which I do update occasionally. I suffer from acute depression so a lot of the time I simply can't be bothered to post there (I did, however, cover in some depth Herr Ratzinger's UK visit last year). The same goes for my YouTube channel; I do have plans to produce content, but right now my upload list is empty. Both blog and channel go by my other alias of Kepler's Dream. I thought it had a nice ring to it so I wanted to lay claim to the name before someone else did.

As to my username: many, many moons ago, when my nephew Christopher (now in his twenties) was a toddler, he had his own unique way of pronouncing my name; thus, I was his "Uggle Steebum". Flash-forward to about five years or so ago, and now his little sister Rosie was of that similar age. We told her how her big brother used to say my name, and she rather charmingly rendered it as "Steambum" (!) This rapidly evolved into "Stimbo", and Stimbo I shall be forevermore.

I think that'll do for the time being. I seem to have some innate skill as a thread-killer, so I'll understand if this is the last post in this thread.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
RE: Back on the horse, for now
Hello. Welcome to the forums.

Hi.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
Welcome!
Nothing is your own except the few cubic centimeters inside your skull. - George Orwell
Welcome!
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Hi from Oz Stiimbo. Welcome to our madness!!

Just where IS this 'Black Country'?? EDIT: ...don't worry...Google is my friend Big Grin
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Hey Stimbo! Welcome to AF! ^_^
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Depression hey, life would be depressing with out God. God is such a positive force in my life I can't imaging being with out him. But I would not wish depression upon any one. I have been through that myself. I mean life can get really tough at times and often people around you don't understand it. I can remember my brother telling me "Pull your self together", "Get a grip", but he had the perfect life. Myself I have become an optomist, I see God at work in my life and I think I can not fail to have a good out come. I don't need the lure, I am hooked, line hook and sinker.
Hey I love God he is awsome.
(September 16, 2011 at 7:15 am)FutureAndAHope Wrote: I don't need the lure, I am hooked, line hook and sinker.

Some people are just easy huh.

Welcome Stimbo.
Welcome to the forum Stimbo.

Hope you enjoy you're stay here.

Sam
"We need not suppose more things to exist than are absolutely neccesary." William of Occam

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt" William Shakespeare (Measure for Measure: Act 1, Scene 4)

AgnosticAtheist