Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 2:12 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What kind of parenting is this?
What kind of parenting is this?
Quite a lot of debate has followed revelations that two young boys were cage fighting with an audience of alcohol drinking adults and sexily dressed young women parading around the cage between rounds.
Here is how it has been reported in the Daily Mirror newspaper:-

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories...-23436934/

So, what's your opinion?
HuhA man is born to a virgin mother, lives, dies, comes alive again and then disappears into the clouds to become his Dad. How likely is that?
RE: What kind of parenting is this?
Child abuse.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
That's abuse and a fair amount of that.

At a bare minimum, to have your child act in a play or film, one has to go through a metric shit ton of legal hoops, child welfare laws and contracts galore.

Somehow, I think this entire venture runs afoul of that.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
As wrong as it is, at least they aren't doing full proper MMA... It does seem that they are only wrestling.

Although, their parents should be reasonably ashamed...

Cunt
(September 22, 2011 at 3:43 pm)frankiej Wrote: As wrong as it is, at least they aren't doing full proper MMA... It does seem that they are only wrestling.

Although, their parents should be reasonably ashamed...

A coworker pointed out that there is little difference (in the actual "fighting") between this and middle school wrestling.

However, I note that this is a media venture that adds in the additional component of a much different audience than you'd get at a child's wrestling match. For one thing, the latter is usually attended by relatives and leaves little avenue for video exploitation.

This, on the other hand, is purposefully built to produce such. Which makes sense, as they've an audience to attract and keep.

The question is, why should this be allowed while child actors must be protected?

Inconsistency is poison to the Law.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
Yeah, that is why I didn't go about things with an over the top disgusted attitude...
Cunt
Lots of MA can be viewed as championing thuggery, instead of the other side of the coin which is self confidence and controlled restrain.
Interesting! Where can I puts some money down on The Bone Breaker kid?!?!

Just kidding people. It's messed up, if not for anything else, the fact that they are training their boys to be aggressive thugs who deal with life's problems by beating up other people.

[Image: Fail.png]

[Image: Evolution.png]

Sick.

I can see the churches in Alabama sponsoring it on Friday nights in the trailer parks though.
(September 22, 2011 at 4:52 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Sick.

I can see the churches in Alabama sponsoring it on Friday nights in the trailer parks though.

They could call it God's Octagon. "praise jesus!"
[Image: Evolution.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What kind of music? MR. Macabre 666 62 3450 October 30, 2023 at 3:21 am
Last Post: MR. Macabre 666
  I went to the wrong kind of school. onlinebiker 5 447 April 20, 2022 at 3:26 pm
Last Post: brewer
  What Kind Of Horror Do You Like ? The Architect Of Fate 43 1778 October 20, 2021 at 9:52 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Parenting tackattack 17 997 November 23, 2018 at 9:33 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Parenting rules? Losty 36 1630 September 10, 2018 at 9:15 am
Last Post: Bob Kelso
  Kind of sad. Foxaèr 6 1415 May 1, 2018 at 10:54 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Is it harder to be kind or clever? ErGingerbreadMandude 25 2324 November 12, 2017 at 2:22 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Just wanted to share something I wrote because I'm feeling kind of down WisdomOfTheTrees 1 828 April 23, 2017 at 9:11 am
Last Post: Athene
  What kind of home have you built for yourself here? Foxaèr 30 3665 October 29, 2015 at 9:07 am
Last Post: Mudhammam
Video The first time since becoming an atheist that I'm kind of mad at JaclynGlenn. IanHulett 2 824 October 4, 2015 at 12:49 am
Last Post: IanHulett