Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 5:18 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Philosophy
Philosophy
This is my personal philosophy/theology. Make of it what you will.

-Reality is a prison.
-reality is an illusion
-Evil is caused by ignorance
-there are four types of people in the world; the spiritualy asleep;the spiritualy blind; those that are awake but refuse to see and the spiritualy awake.
-there are three gods; Satan, Jehovah and the One, Source of All.
- the Christ was the One's messanger, sent to reveal the truth. Christ was not the One's son any more than we are.
-Reincarnation is the fate of souls which have not learned to see.
-the light of the One resides within us all (good old fashioned pantheism there).

The list goes on, but that is my central philosophy to life.
RE: Philosophy
Bored now!

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator
I find your personal philosophy quite interesting. Do you read any of the Gospels, or I should ask, do you recommend any particular text? What I find interesting about Gnosticism, in general, is that it was a major way they used to view the life of Jesus Christ. It did not survive, but people don't realize that if you really want a picture of how Jesus was considered, you have to take the regular Gospels and the Gnostic gospels together.

Years back, I did a major revision of the Gospels where I wrote one Gospel that was synthesized from the four traditional Gospels and the Gospel of Thomas. I even had it copyrighted.

I'm curious as to how your religion affects your daily life.

Ed
So reality is an illusionary prison? So it doesn't exist yet it still manages to contain us. Wow. I don't even need your other points to know how fucking ridiculous your philosophy is.

NEXT!
(March 27, 2009 at 2:01 pm)Tiberius Wrote: So reality is an illusionary prison? So it doesn't exist yet it still manages to contain us. Wow. I don't even need your other points to know how fucking ridiculous your philosophy is.

Indeed ... but there is a test for it Devil

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator
(March 27, 2009 at 9:50 am)dagda Wrote: This is my personal philosophy/theology. Make of it what you will.

-Reality is a prison.
-reality is an illusion
-Evil is caused by ignorance
-there are four types of people in the world; the spiritualy asleep;the spiritualy blind; those that are awake but refuse to see and the spiritualy awake.
-there are three gods; Satan, Jehovah and the One, Source of All.
- the Christ was the One's messanger, sent to reveal the truth. Christ was not the One's son any more than we are.
-Reincarnation is the fate of souls which have not learned to see.
-the light of the One resides within us all (good old fashioned pantheism there).

The list goes on, but that is my central philosophy to life.

No offence,but those are assertions,hopefully formed from some line of thought,not a philosophy in themselves.

EG :
I assert human beings are essentially self interested. That view is called "egoism" .

I assert that human knowledge is imperfect,that EVERYTHING needs to remain open to question. That view is called "skepticism"

Broadly,your list seems familiar,with bits from traditional Hinduism and Christianity,with maybe a little Ouspensky. Such a synthesis is often found amongst theosophists .

As it stands it has all the interest of a telephone book.
(March 27, 2009 at 2:01 pm)Tiberius Wrote: So reality is an illusionary prison? So it doesn't exist yet it still manages to contain us. Wow. I don't even need your other points to know how fucking ridiculous your philosophy is.

NEXT!

You know, you call others "fucking ridiculous" but you have absolutely no intellectual curiosity at all. All atheists seem to know how to do is berate what they won't take the time to even think about.

Lots of philosophers through the ages have doubted that what we consider "reality" is truly all there is. Parmenides, Zeno, Plato, Aristotle, Berkeley to name a few. But I guess with a wave of your what, 20-year-old hand, you would dismiss them as "fucking ridiculous" as well.

Let me tell you something I know that you don't seem to know:
Everything you know--has been taught to you. You think you're advanced, intelligent, wise, oh, and what's the other word...educated. But you don't espouse any original ideas.

A man with an original idea, wrong or right, is worth a thousand know-it-all's. A person says they're gnostic. I'm intrigued, but you seem to be threatened to the point of hostility. Why is that?

Oh, and here's a clue I learned from some of my...shall we say, experience...if you want a successful forum, you don't talk to your new members like that. You want this forum to run with the big dogs, you should grow up, act like a manager, and enforce your own rules. You're supposed to be an example for the rest of us in here to follow. You want ten of your friends to be in here posting once a week? Fine, piss off everyone who comes in to try out the forum. Believe me. If you want to be successful, you better find a way to attract every religious nut, like me and the gnostic, that you can. You'll always have pleanty of atheists to challenge them.

But what do I know. You probably think I'm fucking ridiculous, too.
uuhhhhh....

come on dude
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful with out having to believe there are fairies at the bottom of it to?" -Douglas Adams.Heart
Pastafarian
I Evolved!
It seems your theology also include wild disregard for the standards of punctuation.
- Meatball
This forum isn't about attracting religious nuts. We're open to those who wish to debate ideas and discuss but, it is not the primary purpose. And the forums doing better than ever, fyi.

That said, the OP said to make of it what we will, Adrian did so. Theres no law stating he has to act all dramatic-I-can-make-myself-sound-more-philosophical-than-I-really-am in anything.

On my end, I can see what the OP might mave been trying to do but, the way it's worded it sounds to me like hes lying to himself and trying to sound like hes found some deeper meaning in life, when really hes just throwing words together.

Reality is a prison - seperating us from what? reality is everything that is real.
reality is an illusion - no, your perception of reality can be flawed but, everything is what it is, and it is not what it is not.
evil is caused by ignorance - Then your definine a global trancendant evil? then what defines it. Evil is subjective, get used to it.

It really sounds to me like this whole 'philosophy' came from an anime plotline. It's almost exactly the kind of thinking I used to do when I had just finished watching Saturday morning cartoons and fancied myself a samurai warrior from feudal Japan.

If I'm wrong, feel free to show me but, don't even try to challenge me based on my interpretation of a few lines of text.
http://ca.youtube.com/user/DemonAuraProductions - Check out my videos if you have spare time.
Agnostic
Atheist
I Evolved!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Poetry, Philosophy, or Science? Mudhammam 0 1182 March 22, 2014 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam
  Atheism's Definition - Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy theresidentskeptic 272 137608 December 10, 2013 at 12:02 am
Last Post: Vincenzo Vinny G.
  Atheism, Theism, Science & Philosophy Love 213 60355 May 8, 2013 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: Love