Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 10:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Life after death.
Life after death.
What do you believe?

I'm not asking for proof, just your own thoughts.
RE: Life after death.
Try search function on this forum Stucky... this is an old one.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(September 27, 2011 at 10:44 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: Try search function on this forum Stucky... this is an old one.

I did sweetie, I typed in "Life after death" and there was nothing. Try it yourself.

I'm of the opinion that evidence would be required to support such an idea.

That being said, it's a fascinating subject. The earliest evidence we have for any sort of spiritual belief comes in the form of "ritual burials" or burials with practical effects. The belief stretches back a long way.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(September 27, 2011 at 10:51 am)Rhythm Wrote: I'm of the opinion that evidence would be required to support such an idea.

Okay but what do you think happens to you when you die?

Death is the cessation of biological function. That's what I think, and of course I think this because that's what the evidence "suggests". In my case, what will happen when I die, is most likely cremation.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I believe we have this entitiy within us called a sole, kinda like a big giant underpart of a shoe that represents each of us. If we've managed to walk far enough in this life then I believe that our sole goes to a place called Shoeven, and our sole's live for eternity where there are huge walking trails and treadmills so we can walk forever. However, if your sole hasn't been far enough, then you go to a place called Barefeetland. Here you have to walk forever in bare feet on rocks and pins and needles n stuff and basically you suffer forever.

That's just what I think. I'd like people to respect this please, I also do not have any evidence for this yet I believe I deserve respect for it just like Christians and Muslims and Jews and everyone else.
(September 27, 2011 at 10:53 am)Rhythm Wrote: Death is the cessation of biological function.

Yes, I know what death is but is that the end of you sentient consciousness?

My organs will be removed if they are of any use to someone or something, and my remaining parts cremated and my ashes scattered over a meadow and that will be it. Space made for the next generation. I don't believe in re-incarnation or going to a better place.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Seen any "consciousness" floating around without biological functions (IE a brain) recently Stucky?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kenya cult deaths: Four die after suspected starvation plot zebo-the-fat 0 544 April 14, 2023 at 11:15 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  7th grader commits suicide after being told that he is going to Hell. Jehanne 12 1503 December 9, 2021 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Christian family fined after arguing taxes 'against God's will' zebo-the-fat 19 2116 July 23, 2019 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Why did god allow people to be born after the fall ? possibletarian 367 65400 November 24, 2017 at 1:59 am
Last Post: possibletarian
  Life is scarier than death Foxaèr 3 1758 June 7, 2016 at 8:41 am
Last Post: Alex K
  What happens to your pets after you're raptured? TaraJo 24 4967 April 27, 2015 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  After I know this how could I leave the church? sophonian 39 6309 August 15, 2014 at 4:07 am
Last Post: Undeceived
  Can YOU still be a firm atheist after watching these? hoppimike 168 54273 September 9, 2012 at 8:52 pm
Last Post: ThomM
  Cardinal Brady "apologises" to abuse victim after BBC exposure Cyberman 33 11237 May 11, 2012 at 3:22 pm
Last Post: everythingafter
  Can you still be an atheist after this? Erinome 100 25442 October 9, 2011 at 7:51 pm
Last Post: Faith No More