Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 9:21 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blogs
Blogs
So this whole blog experience is new to me. I'm used to livejournal where I babble about random unimportant things to my friends and essentially goof off in a social circle. As you probably have all noticed I have a little baby blog. Not even a month old. When I decided to get into the world of blogging I soon realized that it's a lot more work than I first anticipated. I knew that at the least I would have to try and put thought and critical thinking into my post, which wasn't an issue. I've always been told by people I have a natural ability to write, but I never realized there's a whole world of blogging I knew nothing about. I'm glad I got into it because as a result I found this forum which I enjoy visiting.

I noticed a couple of you here have blogs so I just wanted to put some general questions out there for those with blogs. What got you into blogging? What is the main focus of your blog and why? How do you go about promoting your blog? What is your favorite aspect of blogging?
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
RE: Blogs
I used to love blogging (ang vlogging on youtube)

But I merely lost interest.
Mine stemmed from my want to share knowledge with others - whether it be what I already know or share my learning with others on a continual basis. I also felt the want to represent a more scientifically based blog since mine is hosted on my hometown newspaper's website. The town is very southern, very Texas, and very conservative (save a small portion of the community). I wrote an article for the paper a while back about Intelligent Design and Evolution - I received a small amount of flak (not as much as I expected) but it was mostly ill-informed arguments or pointing fingers and saying, "so you think you're better than me?!".

The link to my blog is in my signature, however, I haven't had a lot of time of late to post anything.
I got into blogging as a hobby, but it has now become something more of a job. Once you get more popular you have a certain requirement to provide people with good articles, which is one of the reasons why I merged my personal blog with my atheist blog. It gave me an excuse to expand my topic base whilst making it easier for me, since I only write one blog not two.

The main focus of the blog is atheism and religion, especially the debunking of certain theist claims. I also talk a bit about atheism in England, related to my student organization. I also run an online monthly book club. My personal blog side deals with a load of tech stuff and my life at uni.

I promote my blog though Digg, StumbleUpon, the Atheism subreddit, and The Atheist Spot (atheistspot.com). A lot of people link to my blog though so I get quite a bit of traffic that way.

Favourite aspect of blogging is getting comments, because every blogger is a readership whore at heart. Comments are good for getting feedback, but also for allowing debate between people. I only get involved with comments if I feel strongly against the view espoused in them.
I couldn't possibly combine my personal "blog" with my atheist one. I've been using Livejournal for years as a way to keep in touch with a lot of my friends, especially since most are out of state and sometimes I only communicate with them this way between anime conventions. (I go to at least 4 a year).

My LJ is mostly about mundane shit, usually my cosplay. I don't think atheists would be too interested in how much progress I've had in sewing a shirt. >.>
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
Blogging its alright! But i dont do it much.