Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 8:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Results of searching for "Religion" and "Retardation"
Results of searching for "Religion" and "Retardation"
Good old Google. Not a bad article, either.

http://www.ich9.com/filipino-religion/ph...tardation/
Trying to update my sig ...
RE: Results of searching for "Religion" and "Retardation"
Heh Smile
(October 12, 2011 at 7:28 am)Epimethean Wrote: Good old Google. Not a bad article, either.

Interesting article, however I would say one thing the industrial revolution first happened in England which has been the least Protestant of Protestant nations. Then it occurred next in Belgium which was quite Catholic. Places like Bohemia, large areas of the Rhineland & Northern Italy were no less Catholic than Belgium was and the industrial revolution occurred earlier than in Lutheran Scandinavia or partly Calvinist Hungary.

The areas which industrialized first, even during the Middle Ages had much more developed economies than those areas which industrialized later. For instance the Northern Italians invented banking.
undefined
(October 12, 2011 at 10:43 pm)Justtristo Wrote:
(October 12, 2011 at 7:28 am)Epimethean Wrote: Good old Google. Not a bad article, either.

Interesting article, however I would say one thing the industrial revolution first happened in England which has been the least Protestant of Protestant nations. Then it occurred next in Belgium which was quite Catholic. Places like Bohemia, large areas of the Rhineland & Northern Italy were no less Catholic than Belgium was and the industrial revolution occurred earlier than in Lutheran Scandinavia or partly Calvinist Hungary.

The areas which industrialized first, even during the Middle Ages had much more developed economies than those areas which industrialized later. For instance the Northern Italians invented banking.

Hmm Thinking Confusion. I'm not sure you have your facts right Tristo.

I ALWAYS thought the Scots invented 'Banking' Tongue
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(October 13, 2011 at 6:00 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: Hmm Thinking Confusion. I'm not sure you have your facts right Tristo.

I ALWAYS thought the Scots invented 'Banking' Tongue

I do have my facts right, I learned about the history of banking when I was University (I did a degree in Accounting). The Northern Italians also invented double entry accounting as well.
undefined
There were loaning systems and stuff for a long time before, but yeah, I believe it was Italians who created the modern idea behind banking...
Cunt
OK Blush I stand corrected.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5