Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 1:48 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Noob
Noob
Hello everyone, my name is Scott and i am a high school english teacher in sunny south florida. I grew up in a christian household for most of my life and as i learned more and more i eventually had a change of faith. My family now sees me as a god hating liberal and i find it difficult to express my views around anyone as i am frequently looked at with slanted eyes and questioned with loaded language such as "why don't you believe in anything?" I suppose I'm simply trying to reach out to a community that shares my interests and societal issues. Nice to meet you all
RE: Noob
Welcome, Scott.

You won't have any difficulties in expression your views over here, at least.
But I hope that your family becomes more tolerant of you.
A lot of families do indeed suck. You are not alone in this by any stretch of the imagination.

Welcome sir.
[Image: Evolution.png]

Thank you for your support but rayaan i don't see them changing anytime soon. It wouldn't be so bad but i watch my little sister adhere to their policies and i can see them twisting her to view me differently. So yes, cinjin, families suck Smile
Lots of xtian families suck..... it comes from being born and raised as bigoted shits.

Hello, Scott. Relax and let loose. We have a couple of fundie assholes around here from time to time. Feel free to let them have both barrels.
Welcome to the atheist forums Scott.
undefined
Hey there! Welcome to AF! ^_^
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Hey there pal. Welcome aboard.
welcome, my furry little friend...

If it turns out that you are not furry, then I will not apologise.
Cunt
Welcome, from NC. Smile
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Noob, there I said it Captain Monkeyshines 24 3694 May 28, 2015 at 2:30 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
Rainbow Being a Noob is hard but here goes... Joods 34 4795 March 19, 2015 at 10:44 am
Last Post: Joods
  An intro from a noob The Valkyrie 28 6220 November 11, 2013 at 11:22 am
Last Post: Ben Davis
  Another noob Mudflappus 20 4699 April 14, 2012 at 12:54 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
Music NOOB :D musicality 15 4901 April 5, 2012 at 4:41 pm
Last Post: BoyWonder
Tongue Hi i'm a total noob to the Atheist Forums :P adam_1992p 24 7737 July 4, 2011 at 9:36 am
Last Post: Epimethean
  Noob! parrotpirate 11 2684 August 24, 2010 at 8:35 am
Last Post: Nitsuj
  The noob jesusfetusfajitafishsticks 18 5724 March 2, 2010 at 7:00 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
  Another noob weber134 6 3001 March 3, 2009 at 4:31 am
Last Post: Kyuuketsuki