Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 11:48 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question for Apologists
Question for Apologists
My recent exchange with Statler over the TAG -esque arguments for the Christian god reminded me of a comedy I saw back when I was a teen.

So here's my question for all of you who think it makes perfect sense to answer questions like "What is morality?" and "How can we account for the rules of logic?", which of the following describes how you came to embrace this line of thinking:

1. Like the news anchor, you were unable to function, constantly plagued by unanswered questions of why we use logic or what morality is. Then someone told you "JesusDidIt" or "JesusWillsIt" and there was clarity and you were able to function in life again.

2. You were already a Christian and this philoso-babble helps you find justification for a belief you already had in the first place.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
RE: Question for Apologists
You are a glutton for punishment my brotha! Big Grin
[Image: Evolution.png]

I am actually starting to dislike philosophy 'what is morality' et al, i'll stick to science, it has no need to twist answers to suit it's needs, it has proofs and searches for them, something the like's of statler/lucent/gods-precum don't have with their idiot beliefs. They twist to suit and when you retort they cry 'non sequitar'. Well guess what, we evolved and there is tons of evidence to support it, there is none to support their claims of ID and the universe did not take 6 days to form, any physicist would laugh at you, and guess what? They know a fuckload more about the universe then Ken Ham. Stick your apologetic philosophy up your narrow fearful arses, science is where its at.

/pointless rant
Here's my box. Now tell me how you fit in it. Big Grin

[Image: Cardboard_Box_small.jpg]
That is Maru's box. Nobody can fit in there but him.

I could fit your feeble theist brains in that teeny box. :p

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christian Apologists Act Like Abused Women Rhondazvous 17 4078 May 17, 2016 at 5:13 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Apologists and the bible sven 28 4708 March 25, 2014 at 7:45 pm
Last Post: sven
  Why must Christian apologists tell lies? greneknight 72 29713 September 7, 2012 at 12:30 am
Last Post: Justtristo