Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:10 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
scince, logic
Heart 
scince, logic

how marconi send the radio seginal in 1896 while john ambrose invent the thermionic valve in 1904?
RE: scince, logic
You don't need valves to send radio signals! And why so big and pink? Is that a visual metaphor for something else Undecided
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
This sounds curiously like a homework question Smile

(November 5, 2011 at 10:37 am)Darwinian Wrote: And why so big and pink?

you my english understand I help with big pink letters
[Image: Evolution.png]

(November 5, 2011 at 10:36 am)ajmah Wrote:
how marconi send the radio seginal in 1896 while john ambrose invent the thermionic valve in 1904?

ok ,you dont need valve to send the radio segenal but
you need the valve to recieve the segnal ! is it?
No..

In the early days of radio, people built and used simple and inexpensive crystal radio sets that worked without electrical power from wall sockets or batteries, and this technology was known as wireless. Even after vacuum-tube radios came into widespread use following World War I, crystal radios remained popular, especially among beginning amateur radio enthusiasts, boy scouts, and school kids, who continued to build crystal radios as their introduction to the field of communications.

And what point are you trying to make anyway? Dodgy
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
As far as I'm aware you can send a radio signal with just a couple of bits of wire and a battery. That's how people used to be able to send SOS signals at sea after everything else on board had packed up. It probably wouldn't be very powerful but it could mean the difference between life and death. Also, a lot of natural phenomena emit radio signals without any equipment at all. Lightning is a good example, and if you look out into the universe you'll 'see' a vast number of radio sources from galaxies, pulsars, etc.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(November 5, 2011 at 10:36 am)ajmah Wrote:

[Image: badbiden6.jpg]

Presidental and Vice Presidental face palm.
undefined
(November 5, 2011 at 11:54 am)Darwinian Wrote: No..

In the early days of radio, people built and used simple and inexpensive crystal radio sets that worked without electrical power from wall sockets or batteries, and this technology was known as wireless. Even after vacuum-tube radios came into widespread use following World War I, crystal radios remained popular, especially among beginning amateur radio enthusiasts, boy scouts, and school kids, who continued to build crystal radios as their introduction to the field of communications.

And what point are you trying to make anyway? :dodgy:
ok my point is to get to the TRUTH , i search
the history of crystsl radio on google and i found the history of
crystal radio begin in 1904 with the patent for Jagadish Chandra Bose,
bengal scincetest(( the source from wikipedia)) . so how it come (send the radio signal and recieveit?).

Quote:marconi used.

A relatively simple oscillator, or spark-producing radio transmitter, which was closely modeled after one designed by Righi, in turn similar to what Hertz had used;
A wire or capacity area placed at a height above the ground;
A coherer receiver, which was a modification of Edouard Branly's original device, with refinements to increase sensitivity and reliability;
A telegraph key to operate the transmitter to send short and long pulses, corresponding to the dots-and-dashes of Morse code; and
A telegraph register, activated by the coherer, which recorded the received Morse code dots and dashes onto a roll of paper tape.
Similar configurations using spark-gap transmitters plus coherer-receivers had been tried by others, but many were unable to achieve transmission ranges of more than a few hundred metres.

Marconi, just twenty years old, began his first experiments working on his own with the help of his butler Mignani. In the summer of 1894, he built a storm alarm made up of a battery, a coherer, and an electric bell, which went off if there was lightning. Soon after he was able to make a bell ring on the other side of the room by pushing a telegraphic button on a bench.[10][citation needed] One night in December, Guglielmo woke his mother up and invited her into his secret workshop and showed her the experiment he had created. The next day he also showed his father, who, when he was certain there were no wires, gave his son all of the money he had in his wallet so Guglielmo could buy more materials. In the summer of 1895 he moved his experimentation outdoors. After increasing the length of the transmitter and receiver antennas, and arranging them vertically, and positioning the antenna so that it touched the ground, the range increased significantly.[11][12] Soon he was able to transmit signals over a hill, a distance of approximately 2.4 kilometres (1.5 mi).[13] By this point he concluded that with additional funding and research, a device could become capable of spanning greater distances and would prove valuable both commercially and militarily.

It seems people had been working on wireless telegraphs for almost 50 years when marconi made his breakthrough.

What is the point of this thread?

and dont you have access to wikipedia?

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.