Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 2:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Champions League
Champions League
Anyone following Champions League here?

It's a game tonight (european time) and my favourite team FC Barcelona will probably get through to the Semifinals, since they lead with 4-0 since the first game against Bayern Munchen.
RE: Champions League
I care as much about football as the minutes of the postal workers union meeting. i.e. not much.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
not today but tomorrow it's going to be a nail biting game Arsenal - Villarreal
Personally, it's not God I dislike, it's his fan club I can't stand.
Since I follow spanish football do I acctualy sheer for them. But I wouldn't mind if Arsenal won, they're a good team and deserve it since the league game is a little bit so so.

I hope Barcelona and Arsenal will meet in the final. It would be a replay of the final in 2006. Which will of course be won by Barca again!Big Grin
(April 15, 2009 at 8:05 am)Giff Wrote: Since I follow spanish football do I acctualy sheer for them. But I wouldn't mind if Arsenal won, they're a good team and deserve it since the league game is a little bit so so.

I hope Barcelona and Arsenal will meet in the final. It would be a replay of the final in 2006. Which will of course be won by Barca again!Big Grin

If my Arsenal plays Barcelona in the final we will definitely win and that dreadful 2006 final will be forgotten.
But how likely is that Arsenal get to the final. I mean if they beat Villareal they will face Porto or Man.U. Either of them are really strong opponents. Porto is very underrated, they have strong team and good strategy.
(April 15, 2009 at 11:19 am)Giff Wrote: But how likely is that Arsenal get to the final. I mean if they beat Villareal they will face Porto or Man.U. Either of them are really strong opponents. Porto is very underrated, they have strong team and good strategy.

Man Utd will beat them and i think the Porto coach is suspended, btw we beat Man Utd in the Premier League
Your right, but I wonder if Arsenal have the capacity to beat them in CL. Specially when you concider that you can't use Arshavin, Eduardo (when will he come back??), Gallas and Van Persie (will he play tonight?). I think without these players in semifinal will Man U. win. However íf Uniteds form conitnues and Arsenal good form will keep on going then it can be a pretty tight meeting.

Your team also just have to focus on the CL, the only title that they resonible realisticly can win.
We are as always plagued by injuries: Gallas could miss the rest of the season, Djourou, Clichy and Almunia are injured, Diaby isn't fit, Eduardo returned from that horrific injury but now has some groin problems, Van Persie is unsure for tonight and Rosicky is injured since January 2008 Dodgy
Atleast you beat Villareal, hopefully will your team be able to challenge Man U. Which isn't impossible. Arsenal have still great players that starts. Nasri isn't bad, Adebayor is a great forward, Cesc Fabregas is the most important player in this team. He is more valuble then all those you sad where injured.

But on the other hand will it be hard for Arsenal to beat Man U without Van Persie and Rosicky. But perhas the defending part is the most important in such a game?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  English Premier League Football (Soccer) Jack8 10 494 November 19, 2022 at 11:33 pm
Last Post: Jack8
  Reminds Me of Little League Baseball Minimalist 0 572 June 23, 2013 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: Minimalist