Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 10:48 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello, I'm AthiestAtheist!
Smile 
Hello, I'm AthiestAtheist!
OK, I just made that name up because I thought it would sound cool. Anyways, my real name is Aaron, and, uh, I'm an Atheist. I chose this forums over the other Atheist forums because, well, it's the most aesthetically pleasing, but I hope to have an interesting time here. My avatar is the symbol I associate with atheism, and in my personal opinion, that is what the symbol of atheism should be.
RE: Hello, I'm AthiestAtheist!
Welcome.

Cunt
Was 'Atheist' taken?! LOL Big Grin

Welcomez Great

So is this theist: O?

Hi AA from the 'Land Down Under'

Welcome to our bit of sanity on the net ...please enjoy your stay here Big Grin
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(November 17, 2011 at 4:15 am)fr0d0 Wrote: Was 'Atheist' taken?! LOL Big Grin

Welcomez Great

So is this theist: O?

Was Atheist taken? Dunno. Probably! Big Grin

I guess this is theist: 1

AtheistAtheist

First of all, Welcome.

Secondly, that symbol you have [Image: avatar_2622.png?dateline=1321512191]is a great symbol, but very generic, it can be put over any idea or object by any group for any reason.
Which is probably why this [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ_1Nqu4XK5_UbkfwTJlJX...gtHdFMsqzQ] or this [Image: Universal%20Atheist%20Symbol%20Gold.png] is a more excepted universal symbol of Atheism.

Thirdly,

What should we call you when conversing? 85% of the people here are atheists. It's fucking confusing.
[Image: Evolution.png]

I disagree that those are better symbols. What does the atom or the letter "A" have to do with atheism? Not much. Those symbols can be given to any project for any reason. There is no official symbol of atheism, probably because there never will be an agreement on what symbol represents atheism best.

What can you call me? AthiestAtheist! It was available, so no one else has that exact name here. Though honestly, how many people just call each other "atheist" as a name? I don't see how it could get confusing. Also, I said in my first post that my name is Aaron! So if it really bugs you, you can call me that!
Welcoem to the forums Aaron.
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
Welcome. Can I just ask why atheism needs a symbol at all? I don't need a symbol to tell people I'm an atheist any more than I need one to tell them I'm heterosexual or that I eat meat.
Welcome to AF, AA. Tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Hello Hello loush 17 5965 December 13, 2010 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: theophilus
  Hello hello! DgyJff 8 3632 August 30, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: RachelSkates