Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 8:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Padre Pio.....a conman?
Padre Pio.....a conman?
A Turin history profesor Sergio Luzzatto has unearthed a letter written by monk Francesco Forgione, Pio's real name, in which he ordered pure carbolic acid, with the possible interpretation that he meant to fake his stigmata.
To recap that event, the legend started when he was saying Mass and suddenly blood streamed from his palms and supposedly bled non-stop for over 50 years. He claimed to carry his stigmata for the rest of his life.
Not only that but he was also said to have cured thousands of dying people.
Not only that, but he could also control animals, had the power of levitating things, could read peoples' minds, bilocate ( exist in 2 places at once ) and communicate with angels.
Not only that, as a boy he claimed to have talked with Jesus, Mary, his guardian angel and to have been attacked by Satan.
He was made a saint and 7 million pilgrims a year visit his home village.
7 million morons supported by the Catholic Anti-Defamation League, who dismiss any idea of Pio being a fake, by " reminding Professor Luzzatto that according to Catholic doctrine, cannonisation carries with it papal infallibility ".

Just another example of why I'm an atheist!

HuhA man is born to a virgin mother, lives, dies, comes alive again and then disappears into the clouds to become his Dad. How likely is that?
RE: Padre Pio.....a conman?
I wonder how many pedophiles they've canonized?

Padre Pio was no less of a con man than Joseph Smith was.
undefined
(November 18, 2011 at 5:20 pm)bozo Wrote: " reminding Professor Luzzatto that according to Catholic doctrine, cannonisation carries with it papal infallibility ".

There are so many things wrong with this statement I don't even know where to start.Confused Fall
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(November 19, 2011 at 2:45 am)Justtristo Wrote: Padre Pio was no less of a con man than Joseph Smith was.

Or the ministers and elders of the Pilgrim Fathers. Or Jim Jones. Or David Koresh. Etc. etc.