Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 5:56 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
*insert clever title here*
*insert clever title here*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K8CGeC2M_U

I seriously have no words to describe the look on her face!
Don’t ask.

Atheist
I Evolved!
RE: *insert clever title here*
no comments about using your children for a political statement. I remember when preaching protestors using kids to peddle their hate people here were revolted. At least this one is not peddling hate, but it still won't do any good. I would never use my kid for something like this and if my kid did wantto share their opinion of something publicly, I sure as heck wouldn't film it and post it on youtube as a political agenda (much less reference it in a political forum).
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
Yeah, have to agree it's pretty despicable to use your kids like that, and I don't think the kid wanted to do it in the first place.

Even so, the quality is so bad I can't eve understand what that kid actually says. I think he starts out, "my mommy says you fuckers..." and then I have no idea what came after that.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
The kid said, "Miss Bachmann, my mommy's gay but she doesn't need any fixing."

Whether or not he came up with that on his own, and whether or not he wanted to tell her that, I'm glad she heard it from a kid.
Don’t ask.

Atheist
I Evolved!
Well, if that's what he said, it kind of makes sense for a child to be involved with that message. I just hope he wasn't forced to do it.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Aaaaand of course there's an article about it. Tongue
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/upshot/miche...25455.html
Don’t ask.

Atheist
I Evolved!
I like a few of the comments.

"When I was 8 I didn't know anything about my mothers sex life nor was I inclined too"
"No matter what you believe, leave the kids out of it."
"Why couldn't the mother have taken on Michelle Bachmann? Why did she need her 8 year old to speak for her? Why could she not speak for herself?"
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
(December 6, 2011 at 3:58 pm)Faith No More Wrote: I just hope he wasn't forced to do it.

Apparently, from the person who filmed this:
Quote:I was standing in line with Elijah and his mom. His mom was going to say something to her, but she got nervous and told me she wanted to leave. We were about to step out of the line but Elijah cried out, ‘Nooo!’ He grabbed onto her coat and pulled her back in the line, saying he wanted to talk to her.
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/201...-be-fixed/
Don’t ask.

Atheist
I Evolved!
I don't believe that. I teach, and kids that age are not the ones who say, "No, mommy, I will talk to the big, bad lady about your homosexuality."

Bachmann is koi shit, but I wish parents wouldn't put their kids up to this stuff: It teaches lessons they aren't ready to learn at that age-and not all of them are good.
Trying to update my sig ...
(December 7, 2011 at 1:24 am)Epimethean Wrote: "No, mommy, I will talk to the big, bad lady about your homosexuality."

Kids are very honest, and some of them are very brave, and some of them are very smart. Besides, this video is only half the story. So, only two things can be interpreted from this: the kid is brave and smart (very shy, though) or his mother put him up to this.
Don’t ask.

Atheist
I Evolved!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A really weird GOP presidential fact too long to describe in the title. Ryantology 4 1114 April 24, 2016 at 7:51 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Squatter and the unclear house title TaraJo 5 2443 January 29, 2013 at 2:06 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Clever girl..... Angrboda 18 5620 October 30, 2012 at 8:36 pm
Last Post: jots
  This is clever.... Minimalist 3 1570 April 16, 2012 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: Nine
  Texas Going For The Title Early Minimalist 5 1579 December 13, 2011 at 9:16 am
Last Post: Heather