Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 4:54 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello
Hello
Hey guys, my name is Caleb, im 14 years old and live in Missouri. This looked like a pretty good forum and I decided to sign up.

Anyway, I don't believe in god, and organized religion in general is just stupid to me. I'm a bit of an aggressive atheist but thats just because of a lot of people in my school that make me dislike religion a lot. Usually I'm okay with whatever someone believes, but sometimes its hard to put up with, you know?
RE: Hello
Good to meet you Caleb. Welcome to the forums.
Welcome!
And yes I know exactly what you mean.
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful with out having to believe there are fairies at the bottom of it to?" -Douglas Adams.Heart
Pastafarian
I Evolved!
Welcome here!
(April 22, 2009 at 6:15 pm)Caleb_D Wrote: Anyway, I don't believe in god, and organized religion in general is just stupid to me. I'm a bit of an aggressive atheist but thats just because of a lot of people in my school that make me dislike religion a lot. Usually I'm okay with whatever someone believes, but sometimes its hard to put up with, you know?

I agree ... my experience with aggressive theism is on the net and in the way the IDC's (Intelligent Designists/Creationists) have attempted to infiltrate the UK education system but yes, I'm much the same.

Welcome.

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator
Welcome to the forums Caleb, enjoy you stay!
Personally, it's not God I dislike, it's his fan club I can't stand.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Hello Hello loush 17 6009 December 13, 2010 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: theophilus
  Hello hello! DgyJff 8 3649 August 30, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: RachelSkates