Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 12, 2024, 8:01 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Quran the proof of God?
RE: Is Quran the proof of God?
I get up in the morning, and I go to bed at night.

The sun rises in the morning, and it goes down at night.

Goddammit then, I must be God!
Mr. Hanky loves you!
(January 8, 2016 at 12:17 pm)Rhythm Wrote: You have already made your conclusions on those points regarding other books.  You have failed to apply them to your own.

I haven't said these are signs of the book being true. I haven't said they are reasons to believe in them. I am trying to understand when can we hypothetically tell the difference between purposeful design (hypothetically) and coincidences (as the case you believe in Quran and other books).
-and again, you've already reached your conclusions on those points regarding other books...and have failed to apply them to your own.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Here, let me present you with a surah.  Explain to we heathens what is happening here..

YUSUFALI: Do they not look at the birds, held poised in the midst of (the air and) the sky? Nothing holds them up but (the power of) Allah. Verily in this are signs for those who believe. 
PICKTHAL: Have they not seen the birds obedient in mid-air? None holdeth them save Allah. Lo! herein, verily, are portents for a people who believe. 
SHAKIR: Do they not see the birds, constrained in the middle of the sky? None withholds them but Allah; most surely there are signs in this for a people who believe.

http://www.usc.edu/org/cmje/religious-texts/quran/verses/016-qmt.php#016.079
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
And if the word land appeared 7 times instead of 13 they would have said "praise the lord, it's the number of continents" those superstitious people will find any excuse to make the Quraan true. Insert almost any number to any word and then find the appropriate excuse, it will often work.
I haven't applied them because I don't understand the phenomenon. When purposeful design can be distinguished from coincidence as far as this issue.

As I believe God did teach the Quran, I can't rule out the possibility that he has purposely designed the book in a way, that these should be perceived as more then coincidences. For me to rule out that possibility, I have to see that similar design is indeed in other books or at least it's mathematically plausible, and we aren't looking at a 1/trillion chances of such design to happen or anything like that but that it's probable or at least highly plausible that it's taken as all coincidences.
Perhaps you could tell us what god was trying to teach us through the perfect quran ........ in the surah I offered, then?
(January 8, 2016 at 12:33 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Perhaps you could tell us what the quran was trying to teach us in the surah I offered, then.

That all laws exist by God's command. That the whole universe is functioning all through God's power and his command to be. Seems like a simple message to me? What does it mean to you?
Why, exactly what it says.  That the flight of a bird is a good reason to believe in god..it's not as if there's anything but god holding the bird up there. I like your correction though. Tell me, why don't they allow people like yourselves to correct errors in the text such as that? Whom should I trust as the authority..the qurans words..or yours?
Rhythm, you shouldn't trust either me or Quran words. You have no reason to at the moment.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does the Quran support Theocracy? Leonardo17 89 4484 May 1, 2024 at 5:27 pm
Last Post: brewer
  New Controversies around the Desecration of the Quran Leonardo17 100 9969 August 20, 2023 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Quran and Hadiths annatar 34 20822 October 11, 2022 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  "Nas" is probably my favorite arabic word in the Quran Woah0 22 1528 August 22, 2022 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  [Quranic reflection]: The Big Bang theory in the Quran. WinterHold 62 4803 June 14, 2022 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How I'd Reveal the Quran To Humanity ReptilianPeon 23 3116 May 11, 2022 at 9:22 pm
Last Post: Cavalry
  2-big bang theory in the Quran mo3taz3nbar 108 49393 April 3, 2022 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  [Quranic Reflection]: Quran vs Hadith- why the Hadith is false WinterHold 176 14067 January 15, 2022 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  [Quranic Reflection]: On reading the Quran.. WinterHold 1 906 July 24, 2021 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  [Quranic Reflection]: moon absorbed by the sun in the Quran: far future. WinterHold 253 16765 December 18, 2020 at 9:25 pm
Last Post: polymath257