Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 15, 2024, 11:15 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transexuals
RE: Transexuals
(April 13, 2016 at 7:15 pm)Bella Morte Wrote:
(April 13, 2016 at 7:13 pm)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: That's unfair. You know what CL meant. Because if tried to identify as white, I'd be laughed off the face of the planet. And no cultural appropriation isn't bull, that's called dominant cultures bulldozing minority cultural heritage and picking out the shiny bits they want because "ooh sparkles". And having no understanding or respect for the original meaning.

It is bull. I'll wear and do what I want. (Within the law, obviously)
No one is going to stop you, but I'm sure when people will learn that not everything is here for them.
(April 13, 2016 at 6:34 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote: I'm all for LGB, not as much for the T though( in the sense that I don't think it's "natural", so to speak). I think it's a mental disorder. I don't know whether it's particularly harmful for the people suffering from it, though, so I don't know what to say about it.

Trust you to say something dumb.

*cough* naturalistic fallacy *cough*

You sound like a theist speaking of homoseuxality. "Don't think it's natural".

Tongue
(April 13, 2016 at 7:20 pm)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:
(April 13, 2016 at 7:15 pm)Bella Morte Wrote: It is bull. I'll wear and do what I want. (Within the law, obviously)
No one is going to stop you, but I'm sure when people will learn that not everything is here for them.

Okay then, you can't do anything from my culture. It's not here for you. But anyway that's not the subject of the thread.
(April 13, 2016 at 7:21 pm)Evie Wrote:
(April 13, 2016 at 6:34 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote: I'm all for LGB, not as much for the T though( in the sense that I don't think it's "natural", so to speak). I think it's a mental disorder. I don't know whether it's particularly harmful for the people suffering from it, though, so I don't know what to say about it.

Trust you to say something dumb.

*cough* naturalistic fallacy *cough*

I know, right? My exact thoughts. Tongue
(April 13, 2016 at 6:34 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote: I think it's a mental disorder. I don't know whether it's particularly harmful for the people suffering from it, though, so I don't know what to say about it.

A "harmless disorder" is an oxymoron.

You're not an oxy. You're a...
(April 13, 2016 at 7:13 pm)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:
(April 13, 2016 at 6:58 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Now you are trying to equate delusion and mental illness to transgender? Then you get surprised that people react to you the way they do?

Oh and FYI race is an artificial construct, and "cultural appropriation" is also a bullshit term. Humans have mixed forever. There is no such thing as a pure race. Trace humans back far enough we are all related go back further in DNA history we are related to primates.

That's unfair. You know what CL meant. Because if tried to identify as white, I'd be laughed off the face of the planet. And no cultural appropriation isn't bull, that's called dominant cultures bulldozing minority cultural heritage and picking out the shiny bits they want because "ooh sparkles". And having no understanding or respect for the original meaning.

No it is completely fair because DNA is proven, and it is also proven that skin color is not a "culture" but a matter of your DNA. Social norms are passed down to the next generation, but they also change long term too. We no longer believe in the Egyptian Gods, or the Greek and Roman gods.

And it is perfectly possible for someone with no kids in China, to migrate here, marry someone born here of dark skin tone, have a kid who would not have the same experiences than they would if they had been born and stayed in China.

Even with blacks in America, if they were to move to just about any African country, they would be considered foreigners. Just like not all whites share the same backgrounds. Just like a democratic voting Vermont white is not going to have much in common with a republican voter raised in Mississippi. 

Even in Japan my x can tell you depending on where, she has been to parts of Japan where the accent is so different even she has had a hard time understanding her fellow Japanese citizens.

This isn't about destroying anyone's history, this is about stating a simple fact we are all the same species and we have been mixing forever and still do. If we never mixed and social norms never changed our species never would have left the caves.
When you grow up, I'll be glad to discuss what I said. Until then, go fuck yourself, Evie, you dumb cunt.
Now you'd have some Muslims say Jews are destroying their "culture" and you'd have some Jews say this is wrong too. But these couples would say nonsense. Now the following is why I don't like the word "cultural appropriation". Two people whom love each other should not have to explain shit to anyone.

http://www.interfaithfamily.com/relation...slim.shtml

http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/original...media.html

Same with black and white mixed couples here.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/inte...85030be6c7

This is why what is more important than the past, which is fine to pass down, what is more important is the couple doing well and the kids they have deciding what they do with their own future.
(April 13, 2016 at 7:39 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote: When you grow up, I'll be glad to discuss what I said. Until then, go fuck yourself, Evie, you dumb cunt.

Wow wow, calm the fuck down.
(April 13, 2016 at 7:43 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Now you'd have some Muslims say Jews are destroying their "culture" and you'd have some Jews say this is wrong too. But these couples would say nonsense. Now the following is why I don't like the word "cultural appropriation".  Two people whom love each other should not have to explain shit to anyone.

http://www.interfaithfamily.com/relation...slim.shtml

http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/original...media.html

Same with black and white mixed couples here.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/inte...85030be6c7

This is why what is more important than the past, which is fine to pass down, what is more important is the couple doing well and the kids they have deciding what they do with their own future.

BrokenQuil is just a racist in denial.