Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 1, 2024, 1:50 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transexuals
RE: Transexuals
(April 13, 2016 at 11:16 pm)Vincent Wrote:
(April 13, 2016 at 11:11 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote: My problem is I'm imagining some of you to be smarter than you are and then I'm surprised when it turns out you're not. I feel so much better now that I've decided to stop doing that. Suddenly, it's not my problem. Fucking relief, ah.

[Image: eb6.jpg?1307463786]

Same. Least excited, most un-poe-pular penguin everz.
(April 13, 2016 at 11:14 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: I think it's a mental illness, but I think they should be treated with utmost respect and allowed to go through procedures to change their gender. I don't believe it's the fault of the person.

We are to be compassionate to one another for the trials we are in. I have schizophrenia and bipolar and to be honest, prefer that, over being confused over my gender. It's one of the worse things I can imagine going through.

However that is not to disrespect the person. I have great respect to those who seek help of others, acknowledge their issue and change their gender realizing they are being true to themselves as best as possible.

Being a man stuck in a woman's body and being a woman stuck in man's body is a disorder and it's of mental type, but this just semantics.

Whatever you call it, you shouldn't disrespect the person for it. It's definitely not their fault.

The irony. You're making the most sense here.
No he isn't because you don't even have an argument. Your argument is "They're ill. They weird me out. They're ill. They weird me out. It's unnatural. It's unatural, it's unatural!" Saying it until you're blue in the face doesn't make it an argument.

It's not bad for their health. Having their personal identity wrongly treated like a sickness is bad for their health. Just like it was bad for homosexuals when homosexuality used to be considered a disorder.

Naturalness is irrelevant.

Being weirded-out is irrelevant.

But I don't expect you to actually have an argument or be intelligent EP, I just expect you project your own unintelligence and lack of argumentation onto other people, as always.
It's not like sexual attraction. Sexual attraction is real, thinking you're a woman when you're not is not. It's an extreme delusion that you're something else than what you are and it shouldn't be encouraged. But I'm not saying that all people who go through such transformations do so because of such a delusion. It's perfectly okay to understand that you're a woman, for example, and yet wish to change your sex for whatever reason. Again, the point about my saying don't judge me if I'll think it weird, is you shouldn't judge anyone for that. It is weird for me as it is for a lot of other people. But that's not really the point. The real point is which of the people who seek to change their sex are mentally healthy and which are mentally ill. And that should be established by professionals, if any of them are indeed ill. I might very well be wrong, but I strongly doubt it. If I am wrong, all the better, the whole world can change their sex for all I care(well, not all, I hope, but you get what I mean) - as long as they're cognizant of what their sex is to begin with and so on.
Gender identity and sex are different.
Drippy doesn't understand something, Film at 11.
"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Conservative trigger warning.
[Image: s-l640.jpg]

(April 13, 2016 at 11:38 pm)Evie Wrote: Gender identity and sex are different.

If you're crazy, sure.
(April 13, 2016 at 11:41 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote:

If you're crazy, sure.

Not according to Psychology Today, the World Health Organization, and every other credible professional in the areas of medical and psychological studies. 

You are a fool with the thought and critical thinking capacity of a walnut.  Dodgy
This is off topic but I've wondered this for nearly two years now.

Is Dirch just like AF's pet troll? He says some horribly uninformed things, doesn't see how they could be taken that way at all, and constantly just restates his own position with a little word salad thrown in.
"I'm thick." - Me
(April 13, 2016 at 11:41 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote:

If you're crazy, sure.

You have a pathetic understanding of mental illness, no wonder you think anything that you are "weirded out" by is a mental illness.