Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 16, 2024, 11:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transexuals
RE: Transexuals
(April 18, 2016 at 11:48 am)TheRocketSurgeon Wrote:
(April 18, 2016 at 11:12 am)paulpablo Wrote: I didn't see this post before.  I thought we were talking about if it would be easier for a person allowed into the toilets legally being able to peep than someone not allowed into toilets.  My only point was that it's easier to commit offences in toilets that you're legally allowed to go into.  No I can't imagine many rapists bothering to dress up as women to rape.

Um, you're already "allowed" to go into toilets anyway, because the door isn't locked and no one guards them. It's as easy as that. The idea that making it okay for transgenders makes it "easier" for someone to do that kind of thing is patently ridiculous. 

If a transgender lady still is not transitioned, to the point that she still looks entirely like a man, she's not going to feel comfortable going into a womens' room and standing out. She'll use the men's room until such time as she feels comfortable moving to a more appropriate location where she can fit in. And yet, we're discussing the comfort of the straight people, just in case they notice a person who doesn't quite fit in? 

How can y'all not see that this is the same exact argument that was used against desegregation and gay rights? It's being used now against the BLM movement, with the "well what about white people's feelings!?!" counter.

When you are a majority looking to take away rights of a minority that is already telling you they are under constant (literal) assaut, either verbally or physically, or you try in any other way repress them, it is the highest degree of inanity to then claim it's YOUR discomfort and fear that should be taken into account.

FFS!

Which toilets aren't guarded? Or locked? Are you talking about me when you're saying I'm asking for my discomfort to be taken into account? I'm not making any claims about transgender people using restrooms. If I say it's easier to sexually assault someone inside a restroom when you're legally entitled to be in there and no one will be suspicious of you being in there I mean exactly those words.

I'm not siding with any agenda for or against transexuals. There are many toilets out there some in shops, train stations, libraries. Some are guarded, some are locked, many have toilet check sheets that show the patrol rate of how often the local security guards and cleaners have checked the toilets.

And there's so many idiotic things about the black lives matter movement that "What about the feelings of white people" is the least someone can say. What about the black lives taken by black people and the fact that the black murder rate is so much higher and why are most black lives matter protesters shouting in the faces of white middle class people instead of tackling black drug dealers, pimps and black musicians who glorify violence.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

(April 18, 2016 at 12:12 pm)paulpablo Wrote:
(April 18, 2016 at 11:48 am)TheRocketSurgeon Wrote: Um, you're already "allowed" to go into toilets anyway, because the door isn't locked and no one guards them. It's as easy as that. The idea that making it okay for transgenders makes it "easier" for someone to do that kind of thing is patently ridiculous. 

If a transgender lady still is not transitioned, to the point that she still looks entirely like a man, she's not going to feel comfortable going into a womens' room and standing out. She'll use the men's room until such time as she feels comfortable moving to a more appropriate location where she can fit in. And yet, we're discussing the comfort of the straight people, just in case they notice a person who doesn't quite fit in? 

How can y'all not see that this is the same exact argument that was used against desegregation and gay rights? It's being used now against the BLM movement, with the "well what about white people's feelings!?!" counter.

When you are a majority looking to take away rights of a minority that is already telling you they are under constant (literal) assaut, either verbally or physically, or you try in any other way repress them, it is the highest degree of inanity to then claim it's YOUR discomfort and fear that should be taken into account.

FFS!

Which toilets aren't guarded? Or locked? Are you talking about me when you're saying I'm asking for my discomfort to be taken into account?

I've never seen a locked or guarded bathroom in my 40 years of life (except for gas stations, which make you get a key to use their bathroom-closets outside).

And I'm talking about you, yes. And also myself, as a white, cisgendered straight male from the US "middle class".
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

(April 18, 2016 at 12:16 pm)TheRocketSurgeon Wrote:
(April 18, 2016 at 12:12 pm)paulpablo Wrote: Which toilets aren't guarded? Or locked? Are you talking about me when you're saying I'm asking for my discomfort to be taken into account?

I've never seen a locked or guarded bathroom in my 40 years of life (except for gas stations, which make you get a key to use their bathroom-closets outside).

And I'm talking about you, yes. And also myself, as a white, cisgendered straight male from the US "middle class".

Ok well I don't feel any discomfort sharing restrooms with any transexual, I don't care if they want to be transpecies and dress up like a dog as long as it doesn't affect me. I'm already male and share the restrooms with other men who are the most prolific sexual predators of the sexes so how much more discomfort could there be?

And things must be different where you live.  I've visited libraries who often have locked toilets, subway same with them, where I work security guards patrol the area and have to do toilet checks along with the cleaners and we're part of a chain of stores and all stores have guarded toilets, and the train stations used to have signs up warning people of sexual perverts around the toilets and claiming how cctv was watching the entrance and that they are being patrolled. Every gym I've gone to has had locked doors, you need a code to enter them, they're also watched over by staff and cleaners. Also the gyms I've been a part of are part of a nation wide chain of gyms I imagine all of their toilets are locked and checked on nation wide.
So just to say "The toilets aren't locked or guarded."  Doesn't work in my experience.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

(April 18, 2016 at 12:32 pm)paulpablo Wrote:
(April 18, 2016 at 12:16 pm)TheRocketSurgeon Wrote: I've never seen a locked or guarded bathroom in my 40 years of life (except for gas stations, which make you get a key to use their bathroom-closets outside).

Ok well I don't feel any discomfort sharing restrooms with any transexual, I don't care if they want to be transpecies and dress up like a dog as long as it doesn't affect me. 

And things must be different where you live.  I've visited libraries who often have locked toilets, subway same with them, where I work security guards patrol the area and have to do toilet checks along with the cleaners and we're part of a chain of stores and all stores have guarded toilets, and the train stations used to have signs up warning people of sexual perverts around the toilets and claiming how cctv was watching the entrance and that they are being patrolled.
So just to say "The toilets aren't locked or guarded."  Doesn't work in my experience.

I'm from the UK, and have never seen a guarded bathroom. Ever.  Undecided
Nor me, in England.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(April 18, 2016 at 12:34 pm)Bella Morte Wrote:
(April 18, 2016 at 12:32 pm)paulpablo Wrote: Ok well I don't feel any discomfort sharing restrooms with any transexual, I don't care if they want to be transpecies and dress up like a dog as long as it doesn't affect me. 

And things must be different where you live.  I've visited libraries who often have locked toilets, subway same with them, where I work security guards patrol the area and have to do toilet checks along with the cleaners and we're part of a chain of stores and all stores have guarded toilets, and the train stations used to have signs up warning people of sexual perverts around the toilets and claiming how cctv was watching the entrance and that they are being patrolled.

I'm from the UK, and havent seen a guarded bathroom. Ever.  Undecided

I'm not going to tell you what you have or have not seen but I am going to suggest you might have seen a guarded toilet if you have been into any major train station in the UK but just not noticed.  It's pretty much standard procedure as a security guard doing patrols to do toilet checks, how well or how often the guards actually do this job probably varies.

I've been to plenty of stations and I've never seen that.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of my best videos
(April 18, 2016 at 12:41 pm)paulpablo Wrote:
(April 18, 2016 at 12:34 pm)Bella Morte Wrote: I'm from the UK, and havent seen a guarded bathroom. Ever.  Undecided

I'm not going to tell you what you have or have not seen but I am going to suggest you might have seen a guarded toilet if you have been into any major train station in the UK but just not noticed.  It's pretty much standard procedure as a security guard doing patrols to do toilet checks, how well or how often the guards actually do this job probably varies.

And I can tell you, for sure, that I have never seen a guarded bathroom. I am quite observant. I have hung around airports and train stations...for hours at a time in between flights and trains...no guards.
(April 18, 2016 at 12:43 pm)robvalue Wrote: I've been to plenty of stations and I've never seen that.

Probably means the usual security patrols you see in pretty much every major subway or train hub. It isn't a shitter patrol in itself, just security checking every part of the hub.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Man. America (I presume) sounds scary as fuck. Guarded toilets?

Abaris: Sure, there are security around. Certainly not specifically guarding toilets though.

Index of my best videos