Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 3, 2024, 12:18 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transexuals
RE: Transexuals
Things a "security guard doing patrols to do toilet checks" are actually doing:

* Making sure no one is hurt, injured, or passed out from intoxicants or medical conditions.

* Examining every part of their patrol route for problems of any kind, with which they might assist.

* Making their presence felt/seen so everyone feels safer in every part of their patrol area.

Things a security guard is NOT doing, during the patrol mentioned above:

* Making sure the female in the ladies room doesn't have a penis hidden under her/his dress.
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

(April 18, 2016 at 12:46 pm)robvalue Wrote: Abaris: Sure, there are security around. Certainly not specifically guarding toilets though.

Which is the whole point.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(April 18, 2016 at 12:44 pm)Bella Morte Wrote:
(April 18, 2016 at 12:41 pm)paulpablo Wrote: I'm not going to tell you what you have or have not seen but I am going to suggest you might have seen a guarded toilet if you have been into any major train station in the UK but just not noticed.  It's pretty much standard procedure as a security guard doing patrols to do toilet checks, how well or how often the guards actually do this job probably varies.

And I can tell you, for sure, that I have never seen a guarded bathroom. I was raised to be observant. I have hung around airports and train stations...for hours at a time in between flights and trains...no guards.

Well I'm just telling you that there are guards at airports and trainstations and part of their job will be to also guard the restroom area as it's a part of the building.

Their employer won't say "Patrol everywhere, but don't guard the restroom area, that's like the lawless wild west, you stay away from there."  It doesn't necessarily mean they will stand outside the toilet watching everyone who goes in.  I just mean they're security guards who's responsibility is the safety and security of everyone using the trainstation or airport and it's facilities, that will obviously include the toilets.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

(April 18, 2016 at 12:47 pm)TheRocketSurgeon Wrote: Things a "security guard doing patrols to do toilet checks" are actually doing:

* Making sure no one is hurt, injured, or passed out from intoxicants or medical conditions.

* Examining every part of their patrol route for problems of any kind, with which they might assist.

* Making their presence felt/seen so everyone feels safer in every part of their patrol area.

* Making sure the female in the ladies room doesn't have a penis hidden under her/his dress.

Right, but where did I say they would be doing that?  I said they are guarded.  I didn't say they are checking the genitals of each person walking in.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

(April 18, 2016 at 12:50 pm)paulpablo Wrote: Right, but where did I say they would be doing that?  I said they are guarded.  I didn't say they are checking the genitals of each person walking in.

Guarded as in any other part of the hub. They're patrolling, but their mission certainly isn't to pay the toilets specific attention.
(April 18, 2016 at 12:50 pm)paulpablo Wrote:
(April 18, 2016 at 12:47 pm)TheRocketSurgeon Wrote: Things a "security guard doing patrols to do toilet checks" are actually doing:

Right, but where did I say they would be doing that?  I said they are guarded.  I didn't say they are checking the genitals of each person walking in.

Okay, fine. But the argument here has been that bathrooms are a place anyone can just walk into, within seconds. In order for that NOT to be true, there would have to be specific guards standing at the entrances, who are stopping people from doing so.

There may be a few locations where that holds true, but for 99% of restrooms (and certainly all the ones I've ever seen), I could just walk right into a ladies' room at any time.

In other words, the "security guards" argument is a red herring, and I attempted to show you why that was so.
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

Oh yeah, they do come and measure my nob from time to time. On a cold day I get marched into the ladies.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Quote:Um, you're already "allowed" to go into toilets anyway, because the door isn't locked and no one guards them. It's as easy as that. The idea that making it okay for transgenders makes it "easier" for someone to do that kind of thing is patently ridiculous. 

This is what you said.  I'm saying which door isn't locked or guarded?  

I repeat again that I have no agenda here but you people who say no toilets are guarded must walk around with your eyes closed or have some agenda yourself or just not understand how security works.

Try being a tall bearded man and walking into female toilets in a train station or airport or nightclub when you're around the nightclub bouncers or security and then you will find out if toilets are sometimes guarded or not.

Going by our own crime statistics and reportings in the news, the subway car is the much more dangerous place than the toilet. Quite a number of rapists, racists and muggers there. You name it. Especially at night. They even got CCTV coverage. Doesn't help much though, other than the perps usually being apprehended after the fact.
(April 18, 2016 at 12:54 pm)TheRocketSurgeon Wrote:
(April 18, 2016 at 12:50 pm)paulpablo Wrote: Right, but where did I say they would be doing that?  I said they are guarded.  I didn't say they are checking the genitals of each person walking in.

Okay, fine. But the argument here has been that bathrooms are a place anyone can just walk into, within seconds. In order for that NOT to be true, there would have to be specific guards standing at the entrances, who are stopping people from doing so.

There may be a few locations where that holds true, but for 99% of restrooms (and certainly all the ones I've ever seen), I could just walk right into a ladies' room at any time.

In other words, the "security guards" argument is a red herring, and I attempted to show you why that was so.

I'm not saying it's not true that people can walk into bathrooms in seconds so that's another strawman.

I'm saying they are guarded.  I've been moved away from a female restroom myself in a train station when I was walking with my female friends.

There was a little area outside the toilet room which I didn't realize was also just for women.  So what happened?  Some security staff came over, asked me why I was there, they asked me to step outside as the area is just for women and I complied.