Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 3, 2024, 12:35 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transexuals
RE: Transexuals
Hmm. It seems a bit harsh, when you have no intention of it going further. I guess you've got to treat social media as practically public these days.

What? She got fired for that picture? That's ridiculous. Beyond ridiculous.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Everyone seems to be suddenly swept up with transsexuals now.

They're all over the news.

Guess what? Not sure if you've heard, but People are freaking out about Target's new bathroom policy

I consider this a plus.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Wait...

So this is just saying, "Things won't change."

OMG! Things not changing will suddenly cause sexual attacks!

Good for Target Smile Nice job.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of my best videos
(April 21, 2016 at 1:40 am)robvalue Wrote: Wait...

So this is just saying, "Things won't change."

OMG! Things not changing will suddenly cause sexual attacks!

Good for Target Smile Nice job.

Exactly. Do people think that transsexuals haven't ever existed before and that they are only now needing to use the toilet?
(April 21, 2016 at 1:18 am)Cecelia Wrote: Ashley Payne was fired, despite having her status as a 'friends only' status. Someone reported her, just because she had a picture of herself with a glass of wine. Here's the offensive image:

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSAbBvsVEQZHj5IIILxZwa...tgInUAxDuA]

Oh and she also had a private post that used "Bitch" in it. So there was that too.

All it took was an anonymous complaint from one person. Just one. There wasn't a group of parents complaining, just one anonymous email.

Something about that whole situation smells really fishy. She says she was pressured and voluntarily resigned her job because of an email showing her drinking and the word 'Bitch'?

Sorry, but there's just got to be more to that situation than that. I cannot imagine a person voluntarily resigning even with pressure from the administration for that.

ETA: this isn't to say that what happened is right, I just think there has to be more information we're not privy to that might make this situation make more sense.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Steel, she was "fired".

I can somewhat believe it.

Many companies today cannot understand the difference between work and private life.

They think private life, including facebook, means their company is badly reflected.

Fuck the corporation that wants to stifle life.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
But she actually resigned from her job. She says she was pressured to resign and did. Then she sued for due process, which makes things even fishier.

Not saying it was right, or that this post was in any way offensive or inappropriate for a teacher or any other profession.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
How the hell is her having a drink badly reflecting anything?

If it was in the classroom, I could understand. I agree Steel, it seems likely there is more to it.

Index of my best videos
The office I last worked in, you'd be considered weird for NOT drinking. They were absolute lushes, seriously, trying to get the drinks in during work hours at any opportunity they could

But then I'm not surprised, if I'd been working 8:30-6:00 Monday-Friday week after week for 20 years, I'd be the same.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

(April 21, 2016 at 3:33 am)robvalue Wrote: How the hell is her having a drink badly reflecting anything?

If it was in the classroom, I could understand. I agree Steel, it seems likely there is more to it.

An adult woman drinking? Oh the horror! The horror!