Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 25, 2024, 6:39 pm

Poll: How would you vote in the EU referendum?
This poll is closed.
I am eligible to vote in the UK and choose Leave.
14.29%
4 14.29%
I am eligible to vote in the UK and choose Remain.
28.57%
8 28.57%
I am NOT eligible to vote in the UK and would choose Leave.
3.57%
1 3.57%
I am NOT eligible to vote in the UK and would choose Remain.
46.43%
13 46.43%
Undecided and/or don't care
3.57%
1 3.57%
I am eligible to vote in the UK and choose not to vote.
3.57%
1 3.57%
Total 28 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How are you voting in the EU referendum?
RE: How are you voting in the EU referendum?
284 local authorities to go. Remain are slightly ahead.
Gonna shut up for a bit. Plenty of local authorities still to declare.
Okay BBC thinks we've passed the point of no return and says "BBC FORECAST: UK VOTES TO LEAVE" so congrats to the leavers, but FUCK!!! for the rest of us. Time to start getting to grips with what it means for our country. Tomorrow's gonna be a very different day.
Yeah, lots of sources are saying we basically won. But it's not over quite yet.
Well, it's not done yet but "leave" has basically ran away with it and it looks like we're exiting the EU

Here comes my Mom's zealotry

"Britain will be great again!"

[Image: tumblr_o5cbc3XVdf1qzktbuo1_500.gif]

In a year, you'll still be a struggling single mother working that receptionist shift on barely above minimum wage.

I'm a bit peeved, not because we're leaving, frankly I don't care that much. I'm peeved because this is how politicians sway people. We have Ukip and these other far right nationalists coming in here, taking advantage of working class peoples' (frankly) stupidity and ignorance so they can get rich off our backs while fooling people that they're going to change things for us.

That's everything in a nutshell that this whole "Brexit" episode symbolises to me and that's why I'm annoyed.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

56 local authorities still to declare. The majority of Northern Ireland voted to remain in the EU, something that really, really surprised me.
(June 24, 2016 at 12:02 am)Bella Morte Wrote: 56 local authorities still to declare. The majority of Northern Ireland voted to remain in the EU, something that really, really surprised me.

Ireland (like most of the "remain" counties) was very borderline and only just voted "remain", it's not a landslide or large majority by any means.

I'm more shocked a Birmingham. Being a large, liberal city with a massive immigrant population I actually was expecting a landslide "remain" here.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

(June 23, 2016 at 11:59 pm)Bella Morte Wrote: Yeah, lots of sources are saying we basically won. But it's not over quite yet.

It is... it would take a miracle to turn it around now. But it's okay. It's a shock but it's time to start getting real. It makes me want to get involved in politics more now so maybe some good will come from it.
(June 24, 2016 at 12:05 am)Yeauxleaux Wrote:
(June 24, 2016 at 12:02 am)Bella Morte Wrote: 56 local authorities still to declare. The majority of Northern Ireland voted to remain in the EU, something that really, really surprised me.

Ireland (like most of the "remain" counties) was very borderline and only just voted "remain", it's not a landslide or large majority by any means.

I'm more shocked a Birmingham. Being a large, liberal city with a massive immigrant population I actually was expecting a landslide "remain" here.

Northern Ireland.

The Guardian made it sound like a landslide. My mistake.
Come on Britain!

We can do this!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2024 GOP hopeful Vivek Ramaswamy proposes raising voting age to 25 LinuxGal 11 1112 August 20, 2023 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Compulsory Voting BrianSoddingBoru4 132 10775 December 28, 2022 at 11:23 am
Last Post: Fireball
  What you think of USA voting system? Woah0 10 979 August 17, 2022 at 12:19 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Attack on voting Spongebob 103 7099 August 18, 2021 at 12:18 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  The electors are voting right now. Gawdzilla Sama 18 1182 December 15, 2020 at 1:12 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Help me out here. Barrett and voting case. Brian37 31 3711 October 30, 2020 at 11:47 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Mail in voting/ and election day. Brian37 6 845 October 25, 2020 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Protest Voting BrianSoddingBoru4 42 1781 October 17, 2020 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: Draconic Aiur
  The new voting block onlinebiker 2 347 February 19, 2020 at 8:11 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Voting living in no man's land. Brian37 4 637 November 5, 2019 at 12:11 pm
Last Post: Aegon