Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 3, 2024, 10:47 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lucifer
RE: Lucifer
(July 9, 2016 at 2:47 pm)Lucifer Wrote: Yes, I, Lucifer, am awesome. I think for myself and encourage others to do the same. I don't let myself get bullied into obedience, even by an all-powerful one. I want people to enjoy the pleasures that life offers.

Even at the cost of an eternal punishment.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(July 9, 2016 at 7:09 am)lisah Wrote:
(July 8, 2016 at 1:42 am)Godschild Wrote:  Hey you come up real short on reasoning, Lucifer sold himself out, God's still the One with everything and will always be. I'm certain I want betray God as Lucifer did, I've seen what happens to those who think they can defeat God.

GC

What exactly have you seen happen?

I was peaking of Lucifer. I have seen Christians punished for trying to undo God' work in a church.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(July 10, 2016 at 2:12 am)Godschild Wrote:
(July 9, 2016 at 2:47 pm)Lucifer Wrote: Yes, I, Lucifer, am awesome. I think for myself and encourage thers to do the same. I don't let myself get bullied into obedience, even by an all-powerful one. I want people to enjoy the pleasures that life offers.

Even at the cost of an eternal punishment.

GC

Eternal punishment is eternal state of non existance(coincidently atheists wish it). Eternal torture is misconception created to mindrape people. Your a mind rapist.
(July 9, 2016 at 6:30 pm)Thena323 Wrote:
(July 8, 2016 at 3:18 pm)Drich Wrote:

That's not what I was getting at, anyhow. I was relaying my impression that there are limits to Biblical God's capabilities.

Christians generally convey otherwise, but I disagree.

God is limited by who He is, His capabilites are endless, beyond our understanding. Even spending an eternity with Him is not enough existence to learn all of who God is and what He can do.

GC
(July 10, 2016 at 2:19 am)purplepurpose Wrote:
(July 10, 2016 at 2:12 am)Godschild Wrote:  Even at the cost of an eternal punishment.

GC

Eternal punishment is eternal state of non existance(coincidently atheists wish it). Eternal torture is misconception created to mindrape people. Your a mind rapist.

How can someone who does not exist be punished. Even a prisoner on death row who is put to death is no longer being punished, it's over for that person, end of punishment. You can say well he's dead and I'll say he was going to die someday anyway. Only the living can be punished, you need to read and study the Bible before you go calling someone a mind raper, it's ignorance like your's that brings about misconceptions. By the way God's plan wasn't to tailor His plan to atheist wishes.

GC
(July 9, 2016 at 9:28 pm)ignoramus Wrote: Thump. What if the cabinet wants to buckle and warp on its own over time?

(The perfect carpenter should know that wood will do that, but he builds it anyway and then destroys it when it buckles naturally)
Way to go God !...

You do not know a great deal about wood do you. There are antiques that are several hundred year old that are not warped. Get a new analogy this one fails.

GC
(July 10, 2016 at 2:33 am)Godschild Wrote:
(July 10, 2016 at 2:19 am)purplepurpose Wrote: Eternal punishment is state of non existance(coincidently atheists wish it). Eternal torture is misconception created to mindrape people. Your a mind rapist.

How can someone who does not exist be punished. Even a prisoner on death row who is put to death is no longer being punished, it's over for that person, end of punishment. You can say well he's dead and I'll say he was going to die someday anyway. Only the living can be punished, you need to read and study the Bible before you go calling someone a mind raper, it's ignorance like your's that brings about misconceptions. By the way God's plan wasn't to tailor His plan to atheist wishes.

GC

I think for the souls to not be able to be conscious is merciful punishment compared torture without an end. Eternal hell idea is a tool for mind raping, there is no way around it.
(July 10, 2016 at 2:52 am)purplepurpose Wrote:
(July 10, 2016 at 2:33 am)Godschild Wrote:  How can someone who does not exist be punished. Even a prisoner on death row who is put to death is no longer being punished, it's over for that person, end of punishment. You can say well he's dead and I'll say he was going to die someday anyway. Only the living can be punished, you need to read and study the Bible before you go calling someone a mind raper, it's ignorance like your's that brings about misconceptions. By the way God's plan wasn't to tailor His plan to atheist wishes.

GC

I think for the souls to not be able to be conscious is merciful punishment compared torture without an end. Eternal hell idea is a tool for mind raping, there is no way around it.

No life no punishment, this is a simple fact. You should read and study the Bible and find out what hell really is like. Each person will make their own hell according to who they were.

GC
Lots of lovely "obey or burn" today I see.

The glory days of Christianity.

Sadly, it's as scary as threatening an atheist with some soggy tissues. And about as graceful.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(July 10, 2016 at 3:00 am)robvalue Wrote: Lots of lovely "obey or burn" today I see.

The glory days of Christianity.

Sadly, it's as scary as threatening an atheist with some soggy tissues. And about as graceful.

I wasn't threatening anyone, that's your own mind deceiving you because you want to believe you were threatened. Aii I have done is state what the scriptures indicate.

GC

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lucifer/Satan the Tragic Hero of humanity gorgonopsid 5 7020 November 8, 2011 at 10:27 pm
Last Post: R-e-n-n-a-t
  The Responsibility of Lucifer Cinjin 21 4102 November 5, 2011 at 4:24 pm
Last Post: The Winter Saint