Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 10, 2024, 11:39 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
King James is the real Bible.
RE: King James is the real Bible.
(July 30, 2016 at 11:37 pm)Nihilist Virus Wrote:
(July 23, 2016 at 4:15 am)KJV-reader Wrote: Not necessarily true though.
I'm open to all possibilities. I'm what you would call poorly educated, having left school having done no exams. What you'd possibly call ripe to be indoctrinated/brain washed whatever you want to call it. But I am willing to listen and learn I just need proof (i'm already wavering tbh).
As for any insults or rudeness aimed at me on this thread bring it on as it say's more about those that insult than it does me. Show me the evidence, I've already said I'd look unbiasedly and have done so, and not liked what I've seen so far, but again I've broad shoulders and am willing to listen and learn. If people have no interest in helping absolutely fine, I think we can all live with that.

Xtians and yhwh?

Xtians and yhwh?

I agree.

The KJV contradicts itself irreconcilably. 2 Chronicles 22:2 vs 2 Kings 8:26.  Look it up.

Are you talking of the age difference?
(August 7, 2016 at 3:25 am)KJV-reader Wrote:
(July 30, 2016 at 11:37 pm)Nihilist Virus Wrote: The KJV contradicts itself irreconcilably. 2 Chronicles 22:2 vs 2 Kings 8:26.  Look it up.

Are you talking of the age difference?

Yeah
Jesus is like Pinocchio.  He's the bastard son of a carpenter. And a liar. And he wishes he was real.
(August 7, 2016 at 3:28 am)Nihilist Virus Wrote:
(August 7, 2016 at 3:25 am)KJV-reader Wrote: Are you talking of the age difference?

Yeah
I've noticed there's a lot of this from one Bible to another. I only really concentrated (or was told was all I needed to read) but last 2 years I have read other Bibles.
It's made me conflicted.
Isn't the fact that people can't even agree on the actual words in the bible, let alone their meaning, rather worrying? What kind of rubbish communication is this?
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(August 7, 2016 at 3:53 am)KJV-reader Wrote:
(August 7, 2016 at 3:28 am)Nihilist Virus Wrote: Yeah
I've noticed there's a lot of this from one Bible to another. I only really concentrated (or was told was all I needed to read) but last 2 years I have read other Bibles.
It's made me conflicted.

Here's what should really make you 'conflicted'.

The Christian claim is that the god, with all the immense powers that Christians attribute to him, has this 'message'. The most important message possible, and that all humanity must understand and apply this message as accurately as possible in order to avoid eternal torment.

And the best this god could do is to inspire his flawed creation to record it, decades or more after the alleged events occurred, by unknown writers that were not eyewitnesses, in languages he would know would die out, that could be edited, contain copy mistakes, contain historical inaccuracies, contradictions, etc.

And then to make matters worse, he would leave it up to the same flawed humans to decide which texts would become part of the canon 325 years after the alleged events at the Council of Nicea.

Is this seriously the best method of communication your god could think of?

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.
It's even more fucked up than that.

https://youtu.be/dLJZaPMoZG4
Well yeah KJ Bible is still the one that holds assurance of existence of mythical beasts like unicorns, satyrs, cockatrice which modern Bibles found too embarrassing and found some other words for those beasts. So I guess KJB is for those extra stupid people, although modern Bibles are for just stupid people because they still kept claiming that beings like behemoth, giants, talking snakes, leviathans, 7 headed bests, witches, cherubs etc. exist.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
I always heard the kjv was like the pop up book toddler version of the bible, Seems I heard right.
"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Conservative trigger warning.
[Image: s-l640.jpg]

(August 7, 2016 at 3:42 pm)Simon Moon Wrote: Here's what should really make you 'conflicted'.

The Christian claim is that the god, with all the immense powers that Christians attribute to him, has this 'message'. The most important message possible, and that all humanity must understand and apply this message as accurately as possible in order to avoid eternal torment.

And the best this god could do is to inspire his flawed creation to record it, decades or more after the alleged events occurred, by unknown writers that were not eyewitnesses, in languages he would know would die out, that could be edited, contain copy mistakes, contain historical inaccuracies, contradictions, etc.

And then to make matters worse, he would leave it up to the same flawed humans to decide which texts would become part of the canon 325 years after the alleged events at the Council of Nicea.

Is this seriously the best method of communication your god could think of?

Slightly irrelevant but your comment made me think of the older gods and how they 'communicated' with people. lol I feel like at least the old gods were cool enough to talk to humans. Hell you could even go up against a god and win. If you were good enough you could become a god yourself. Not to mention they were always screwing the humans. They seem more fun.
“What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of what it's supposed to be.”

Also if your signature makes my scrolling mess up "you're tacky and I hate you."
What about burning bushes and whispering in the ear of sleeping, pedophile, carpet merchants?  The Angry Desert God is something of an asshole when it comes to communicating.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Satanic Bible vs Christian Bible ƵenKlassen 31 7814 November 27, 2017 at 10:38 am
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Did King David rape Bath-sheba? Tonus 77 25397 December 3, 2014 at 2:38 am
Last Post: Drich
  Bible Prophecy... Is This For Real???... AT7iLA 22 5850 March 4, 2014 at 12:07 pm
Last Post: truthBtold
  James Randi's next grand debunking Rokcet Scientist 22 10126 February 24, 2012 at 5:14 am
Last Post: Rokcet Scientist
Question Bringing Down the King Cinjin 40 10086 May 6, 2011 at 12:32 am
Last Post: reverendjeremiah
  JESUS KING OF ALL NUTS Inspectorcritic 11 4671 January 2, 2010 at 1:15 pm
Last Post: Ashes1995
  King Religions Jayp 18 9315 May 26, 2009 at 9:37 pm
Last Post: Jayp