Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 1, 2024, 9:42 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fact, every single german nazi was a christian
RE: Fact, every single german nazi was a christian
(October 22, 2015 at 6:28 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Fact: You still haven't recanted your misstatement about Hitler attending a monastery.

That's because it's true.

(October 22, 2015 at 6:28 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Fact: No one here is exonerating Christians, they're simply pointing out that NaZi motivations weren't religious.

Yes you are and yes they were. I know catholic historians who don't argue with this, they just argue the church has changed, and I believe it hasn't.

(October 22, 2015 at 6:28 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Fact:  The Americans, British, French, Canadians, and other Allies who fought the Third Reich were overwhelmingly Christian themselves, yet you remain oddly silent about that.

I am aware, but its irrelevant, the problem is that many of the hatreds of the nazi's, especially the hatred of gays and atheists (yes both were tortured by nazi's) are shared by Christians to this day.

(October 22, 2015 at 6:28 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Fact: When confronted with an opposing viewpoint, you toss out anecdotes and then accuse your interlocutors of being secret Christians.

Thats not fact at all, i haven't used a single anecdote i have quoted facts that are easily verified, and Christians do love to not only argue, but openly rage at non-Christians and atheists in particular. it is therefor not unreasonable to presume your crawling all over this website, and you are.

(October 22, 2015 at 6:28 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Fact: Your involvement in this discussion has been the worst part of it.

That's an old christian tactic that wont work here, personal attacks don't discourage me from criticizing you. boredom however does and its fortunate that I noticed your post and got involved again as too many people today are unaware of the nazi's religious views, how important they were to their ideologies of hate, and that they are identical to the views of the most aggressive churches today.
[Image: jha7gg.jpg]
Lol, you are back heh? Lemme grab my Popcorn
Ah, that's why I didn't notice and mistakenly took Alex for the necro. The one and only person on my ignore list is back.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(August 11, 2016 at 4:41 pm)Deepthunk Wrote: I just want to point out two things again, 1. that which can be proven to be true is fact, regardless of our personal feelings on the matter. and 2. I noted how many Christians came out of the woodwork to spit at every word, and how few actual atheists there seem to be on this atheist website.

Oh and one question for the christian lobby, if your religion is so factual and valid why cant you tolerate the words of the tiny minority of atheists who simply don't believe it?

Fact: You still haven't supported your claim.

Fact: Until you do that, you'll continue appearing to be a jack-off.

(August 11, 2016 at 4:52 pm)Deepthunk Wrote:
(October 22, 2015 at 6:28 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Fact: You still haven't recanted your misstatement about Hitler attending a monastery.

That's because it's true.

(October 22, 2015 at 6:28 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Fact: No one here is exonerating Christians, they're simply pointing out that NaZi motivations weren't religious.

Yes you are and yes they were. I know catholic historians who don't argue with this, they just argue the church has changed, and I believe it hasn't.

(October 22, 2015 at 6:28 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Fact:  The Americans, British, French, Canadians, and other Allies who fought the Third Reich were overwhelmingly Christian themselves, yet you remain oddly silent about that.

I am aware, but its irrelevant, the problem is that many of the hatreds of the nazi's, especially the hatred of gays and atheists (yes both were tortured by nazi's) are shared by Christians to this day.

(October 22, 2015 at 6:28 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Fact: When confronted with an opposing viewpoint, you toss out anecdotes and then accuse your interlocutors of being secret Christians.

Thats not fact at all, i haven't used a single anecdote i have quoted facts that are easily verified, and Christians do love to not only argue, but openly rage at non-Christians and atheists in particular. it is therefor not unreasonable to presume your crawling all over this website, and you are.

(October 22, 2015 at 6:28 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Fact: Your involvement in this discussion has been the worst part of it.

That's an old christian tactic that wont work here, personal attacks don't discourage me from criticizing you. boredom however does and its fortunate that I noticed your post and got involved again as too many people today are unaware of the nazi's religious views, how important they were to their ideologies of hate, and that they are identical to the views of the most aggressive churches today.

You're a dumbfuck, and I'm an atheist. Recalibrate your thought-patterns and return with something worth consideration.

Be happy I'm bored, Dipshit, otherwise you'd have no more opportunity to display your idiocy.

Dude, let this thing die with a shred of dignity already...
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
(August 11, 2016 at 7:28 pm)Iroscato Wrote: Dude, let this thing die with a shred of dignity already...

... or at least let one of us shoot this thread in the head.

Any assertion that uses Hitler to justify dislike or hatred for an entire group of people can be dismissed.

Edit to add: I skipped over the thread to answer the OP's topic. Should I read all the posts? I'm not sure...
(August 11, 2016 at 5:03 pm)abaris Wrote: Ah, that's why I didn't notice and mistakenly took Alex for the necro.

You know, I suddenly woke up last night and decided - this year old thread will not stand!!! The Nazis were NOT all Christians, dammit!

Yes, this thread has its first Threadiversary today. Horay.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Well for the most part yeah, they were Christian but there were clearly Nazi's of many stripes not just Christianity. For fuck sakes Hitler had some Jewish ancestry in him.

You can't go in the mind of dead Nazi's but I'm sure a small number of them were atheists or jews or deist etc.
If the hypothetical idea of an afterlife means more to you than the objectively true reality we all share, then you deserve no respect.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Islam owns atheism with a single verse Loaded dice 341 24430 August 6, 2023 at 3:01 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Did anyone else get deconverted by a single sentence? Astonished 67 9400 July 20, 2023 at 4:29 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Explaining the fact that we exist OttoVonKerpen 84 11735 November 5, 2016 at 11:18 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  When it becomes a fact? _Velvet_ 14 2790 October 10, 2016 at 3:59 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Beatles song hey ya got to hide your love away is very relateable for forever single Rextos 3 1266 March 15, 2016 at 6:25 pm
Last Post: Little lunch
  Jerry Coyne's new book: Faith Versus Fact Mudhammam 17 6025 August 13, 2015 at 12:22 am
Last Post: smsavage32
  Man Crucified Every Year Manowar 10 3143 April 5, 2015 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: AFTT47
  The more troubling fact is not that this may be genuine, but that it's hard to doubt Mudhammam 16 5089 August 13, 2014 at 1:50 pm
Last Post: Lucanus
  10 Questions for Every Atheist Clueless Morgan 38 6553 July 16, 2014 at 11:58 am
Last Post: Lemonvariable72
  Free Will: Fact or Fiction Reasonable_Jeff 89 34438 October 2, 2012 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Angrboda