Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 6, 2024, 6:47 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How the fuck is there a statute of limitations for rape in New York?
RE: How the fuck is there a statute of limitations for rape in New York?
(October 14, 2016 at 4:08 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: Shell, I like your reasonable and down to earth approach to this. I can completely understand Judi getting super emotional on the forum because it is understandably a sensitive topic for her, and I feel for her very much. I don't blame her. But the rest of the sh*t slinging and name calling towards Drich from other members seem counter productive to a legitimate discussion on this. I like that you keep your cool.

Oh, I'm not above name-calling. I've had moments where I just hauled off on someone, but I'd like to think I was never really emotionally involved in any of the debates here. However, I do think in this situation, it's been a gang effort that has caused a lot of tension that I just don't feel is necessary when dealing with someone like Drich. It's important not to care what he thinks. Not only does he say sometimes cruel things, but he does so with very little attention to grammar, fact-checking, etc. He's obviously not someone from whom you should take offense, if you want to keep your sanity.

As for Judi (I assume that's Nymph?), she is well within her rights to be insulted. What he said to her (the way he said it) was insulting. That said, she did share something deeply personal with someone who had not shown any empathy in the past. I can't imagine what outcome she could have anticipated. I truly sympathize with her story. It's one that too many women share, but it's not the kind of thing this forum is equipped to moderate. She would have been better served doing that in a support group. There are many of them online. I hope she's able to look at it with a more level head soon and come back, though I think the accusations she made after the fact will have made a few people sore.
(October 14, 2016 at 4:17 pm)Faith No More Wrote:
(October 14, 2016 at 4:08 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: Shell, I like your reasonable and down to earth approach to this. I can completely understand Judi getting super emotional on the forum because it is understandably a sensitive topic for her, and I feel for her very much. I don't blame her. But the rest of the sh*t slinging and name calling towards Drich from other members seem counter productive to a legitimate discussion on this. I like that you keep your cool.

Maybe you just haven't talked with him enough, but there is no such thing as a "legitimate discussion" once Drich gets involved.

Then isn't the more reasonable thing to do to let that be on his own part, and not yours? 

It's kind of annoying to see, tbh. 

When it comes to Drich, it's like, he'll say something, and then a whole flock of horrible, personal things are said back to him. And then he'll say something else, and more vile names and awful things come his way. If you don't think a discussion with him is possible, then why not just give your opinion on the matter and then ignore the rest? What's the point of posting nasty things back to him all over the threads? Just unnecessary drama and stooping to low levels.  

Anyway, ya'll do what you want. That's just my take on the whole Drich fiasco all over this forum, so I figured I'd offer it as advice. Do with it as you will.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(October 14, 2016 at 3:51 pm)Drich Wrote:
(October 14, 2016 at 3:26 pm)Stimbo Wrote: I know a sociopath in real life. Trust me, they are not worth knowing.

IDK if a sociopath could live for something other than self, for maybe a higher purpose that wouldn't be so bad... I think it is the atheist sociopath that become the Sherlock Holmes a-holes

I don't think you're a sociopath. I think you have a very unique type of personality. I think you're very thick skinned and cold headed. I think you have an air of arrogance. I think you are extremely blunt and to the point. I think you are not good with people skills. I think you don't have a good sense of tact and sensitivity when handling others. 

...Not because you're a bad person, but because, as I said, you have a unique type of personality, thick skin, and you like to be talked to in a way that is blunt and to the point. So you talk to others that way. And you don't realize (or perhaps don't care) that most people are not the same way as you, and therefore don't respond well to the way you talk to them.  

When posting here, why not try to connect with people on a more human level and talk to them in a way that is conducive to a good discussion? And be humble. If you're trying to reach people here and share a message with them and have productive discussions with them, I think you'll be much more successful if you do that.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(October 14, 2016 at 4:36 pm)Irrational Wrote: I don't know if rational is the exact right word here...

Well, I was trying to think of an antonym for "Drich."
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(October 14, 2016 at 5:01 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: Then isn't the more reasonable thing to do to let that be on his own part, and not yours? 

When it comes to Drich, it's like, he'll say something, and then a whole flock of horrible, personal things are said back to him. And then he'll say something else, and more vile names and awful things come his way. If you don't think a discussion with him is possible, then why not just give your opinion on the matter and then ignore the rest? What's the point of posting nasty things back to him all over the threads? Just unnecessary drama and stooping to low levels.  

Anyway, ya'll do what you want. That's just my take on the whole Drich fiasco all over this forum, so I figured I'd offer it as advice. Do with it as you will.

Bold mine.

That's actually what I do. I'll make a point, he'll respond and then I'll make a counterpoint and leave it at that. Once you reach that point with him, it usually all goes to irrational shit.

I only jumped back into this thread, because you made a comment about his humanity. I felt compelled to point out that he doesn't even know the meaning of the word. That's not stooping to a low level. That's making an observation based on the evidence.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
I wasn't specifically referring to you. I know you were not any sort of driving force around the drama here.

-walsh
(October 14, 2016 at 3:51 pm)Drich Wrote:
(October 14, 2016 at 3:26 pm)Stimbo Wrote: I know a sociopath in real life. Trust me, they are not worth knowing.

IDK if a sociopath could live for something other than self, for maybe a higher purpose that wouldn't be so bad... I think it is the atheist sociopath that become the Sherlock Holmes a-holes

I never mentioned the guy's religious stance, but for the record he's a church-going xtian. I really pity his wife.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(October 14, 2016 at 7:05 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: I wasn't specifically referring to you. I know you were not any sort of driving force around the drama here.

Drich says despicable things. I say that as a former catholic who would have reacted as allergic to most he says as I am now.

There were maybe two or three instances where he said something sensible, as far as I recall. Everything else is just his paternalistic view of the world, seemingly justified by his understanding of christianity. Which he doesn't tire to claim to be the only true one.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
How the fuck is there a statute of limitations for rape in New York?
(October 14, 2016 at 11:52 am)Drich Wrote:
(October 13, 2016 at 6:03 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote: @Drich, this one ^

Whoa... where did I say any of that?

Or is that all that you can see?

I need a citation a literal untouched quote, and a post number most of my first thoughts were from page 3 forward.

Show me where I called anyone a liar or said any of the things you claimed i said or simply admit you are having to change the narritive inorder for your straw man witch hunt to work.

Um...lol. Bold mine:

Quote:Here's a thought...

IF it takes a woman or man waits 5 years to report a rape... it wasn't.

If someone drills you in the can and you seriously did not want to be drilled in the can, then why wait over 5 years to report it?

It is far more likely that alleged 'victim' seeks to further benefit from said can drilling by changing their consent status.. After all how can one prove consent? Now how can one prove consent after such a long time? oh, that's right they don't say anything for more than 5 years.

Is it a selective memory you have, or do you genuinely just forget what you say amidst the endless text walls?

Failure to report a crime committed does not "change the consent status", whatever you mean by that, lol. A person may change their consent status. Time, however, does not. If someone stole my car...then they stole my fucking car, regardless of whether or not I report it to anyone.

But you didn't stop being stupid there. To make it worse, you responded with "jerk-off" emojis when you were provided with legitimate, substantive, psychological reasons sexual assault victims may delay coming forward. You made a factually incorrect statement, and when you were corrected the best rebuttal you could come up with was a vulgar emoji. Thanks for learnin' us all the truth yet again, Drippy! Consider us SCHOOLED! [emoji849]

BTW- I didn't read your sociopolitical babble about Hilary. I'm not interested in catering to your desire to push contrived agendas around here.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(October 14, 2016 at 5:01 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote:
(October 14, 2016 at 4:17 pm)Faith No More Wrote: Maybe you just haven't talked with him enough, but there is no such thing as a "legitimate discussion" once Drich gets involved.

Then isn't the more reasonable thing to do to let that be on his own part, and not yours? 

If he doesn't want to be called horrible names then he shouldn't consistently say horrible things. He opens himself up to that.  But honestly, he never seems to be bothered by it, lol.  In fact, I think he likes it.  But, I agree with you that too many of us allow him to get under our skin (I am like, first in line to make that mistake EVERY time Tongue) and in turn, fuel his fire.  It's so hard not to, especially with deeply personal topics like sexual assault.  No one is perfect, ya know? And every discussion is a learning experience for those who choose to participate.  heart:
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Melania: "Fuck Christmas!" Fake Messiah 17 1415 October 2, 2020 at 4:36 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Liam Neeson: Rape, Revenge, and Race Relations Rev. Rye 233 16914 February 21, 2019 at 4:10 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Fuck Your Property Rights, You Scumbag Bastard Minimalist 0 527 October 1, 2018 at 5:20 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Please Do It, You Dumb Fuck. Sue Him! Minimalist 19 1545 September 6, 2018 at 11:45 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Court of Appeals Tells Alabama Shitheads to "Fuck Off!" Minimalist 6 1183 August 23, 2018 at 2:00 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  What in the fuck is a Patriot Prayer? GODZILLA 18 1717 August 6, 2018 at 12:40 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Never Fuck With A Billionaire's Money! Minimalist 5 689 July 29, 2018 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Then Your Culture Needs A Lot of Work, You Dumb Fuck Minimalist 13 1697 July 23, 2018 at 1:25 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  You Know What? Fuck Him. Minimalist 8 1024 May 25, 2018 at 10:53 am
Last Post: Tiberius
  SCOTUS Tells Anti-Abortion Nuts To Go Fuck Themselves Minimalist 294 25870 April 11, 2018 at 10:36 pm
Last Post: vorlon13