Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 23, 2024, 8:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I am a theist, what do you think of my proof for God existing?
RE: I am a theist, what do you think of my proof for God existing?
As you have reproduced the Russell/Copleston material multiple times in the last few pages, I have reported it as spam.
The Copleston Russell debate is not relevant to your proof. One more post of it and I'll report you for spamming.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
So. Mariosep has resorted to just telling people their worthless and spamming a 70 year old debate?

What a sore loser. A sore loser with no proof of god.
“Life is like a grapefruit. Well, it's sort of orangey-yellow and dimpled on the outside, wet and squidgy in the middle. It's got pips inside, too. Oh, and some people have half a one for breakfast.”  - Ford Prefect
I am a theist, what do you think of my proof for God existing?
(November 6, 2016 at 3:50 pm)Mariosep Wrote: Maelstrom, you say:

"Dear Mariosep,

God does not exist.

Sincerely,
Faith's Nightmare and Misanthrope"

That is what I mean with you, dear atheist colleagues here, you are into all manners of flippancy and may I, unruly behavior, unbecoming to any posters who really sincerely honestly care to expound on his denial of God existing, with first presenting his information on the concept of God which they are denying to exist.

Otherwise, you are into evasions, and usually with flippancy or unruly utterances.

My I just submit that you are doing a great discredit to this forum, Atheistforums.org.

It is not yet too late to redeem your serious manners of posting in a forum that is read by peoples all over the internet; but his forum is losing readership with the march of time, owing to I submit the awful quality of your posts.

The only awful posts here are YOURS. Go away. No one likes you. And, you smell.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(November 7, 2016 at 11:13 am)LadyForCamus Wrote:
(November 6, 2016 at 3:50 pm)Mariosep Wrote: Maelstrom, you say:

"Dear Mariosep,

God does not exist.

Sincerely,
Faith's Nightmare and Misanthrope"

That is what I mean with you, dear atheist colleagues here, you are into all manners of flippancy and may I, unruly behavior, unbecoming to any posters who really sincerely honestly care to expound on his denial of God existing, with first presenting his information on the concept of God which they are denying to exist.

Otherwise, you are into evasions, and usually with flippancy or unruly utterances.

My I just submit that you are doing a great discredit to this forum, Atheistforums.org.

It is not yet too late to redeem your serious manners of posting in a forum that is read by peoples all over the internet; but his forum is losing readership with the march of time, owing to I submit the awful quality of your posts.

The only awful posts here are YOURS.  Go away.  No one likes you.  And, you smell.  

Surströmming?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(November 6, 2016 at 6:01 pm)Mariosep Wrote: Dear atheist colleagues here, please accept my thanks for your presence and contribution here in my thread.

Now, I have to say this about your posts, though: they are not doing you any credit to your self-respect, self-esteem, and thus ultimately any self-worth.

You see, dear atheist colleagues here, you can hide your identity in the internet, but you cannot hide from yourselves.

Please submit posts that are to your self-worth as a thinker and writer who dwells on truths, facts, logic, and the history of ideas, delivered with all civility of tongue.

For the record, none of my posts has been submitted to you.  From early on it became clear that you were not responsive.  So don't trouble yourself.  We can do just fine with or without your feeble input.
(November 6, 2016 at 3:14 pm)Mariosep Wrote: Dear Simon Moon, when you show up please go to this post (see ANNEX 2 below) from yours truly, it will enlighten you on what it is to join the issue.

Thanks, but no thanks.

You have already demonstrated that you are unable to be intellectually honest, so unless you can come up with actual evidence for your god, I may be done with this thread.

Your argument has several other flaws besides confirming the consequent. You have not even acknowledged them, or anyone's argument against them.

Quote:C: Well, my position is the affirmative position that such a Being actually exists, and that His existence can be proved philosophically.

And Copleston is just as wrong as you, William Lane Craig, Plantinga, etc.

A god can not be argued into existence. I can create a 'proof' using the same flawed arguments you used, to prove that "universe creating pixies" exist.

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.
Man, this thread is getting nowhere super fast.  So how about I post a proof that the "creator" God of the Bible, specifically, does not exist?  I am choosing a specific deity for a couple of reasons.  One, it is impossible to give actual evidence that all gods do not exist.  It is extremely difficult, if you are arguing properly, to prove some vague concept of a god exists.  If it exists it can be named.  The ONLY reason to keep the particular deity vague and poorly defined is to keep from giving it too many characteristics, which makes the concept easier to shoot down, which is what Mariosep is doing.  The more vague and confusing you can make it, the more difficult it becomes to prove that god, specifically, does not exist.  Not that you have to, mind you.  It's not true unless you can prove it.  But I'm bored of 60 pages of posts containing about 2 pages of unique content, so I am going to give the evidence that the God of the Bible does not exist and, surprisingly, there is actual evidence it isn't real.  I won't give all of the evidence (there is PLENTY, as I'm sure you all know), just a logical refutation.

1) If God exists, magic exists
  The evidence - The Bible is littered with descriptions of magic, both of the type Christians refer to as "miracles" and the type not caused by God.
2) If magic exists, people can perform feats of magic
  The evidence - In the Old Testament even people who were not faithful were capable of performing some magic, whether it be turning a rod into a snake or speaking with the dead.  In the New Testament Jesus repeatedly tells his followers that they are capable of performing magic.  Peter even walked on water for a short time until he was frightened by the wind.  Even the faithful believe they are capable of doing magic "by the will of God" and man even believe in the magic of witches and Satan worshipers.
3) Magic does not exist
  The evidence - All claims of magic fall into exactly two categories.  Those categories are those which have not been proved to be true and those which have been proved to be not true.  This is EXACTLY what one would expect of something which is not real and, in fact, is the EXACT same for every pseudoscience and lunatic fringe pet project.  Bigfoot evidence falls into these two categories, UFO evidence, Loch Ness Monster evidence, vampire evidence, ghost evidence, etc.
4) Therefore, God does not exist
Have you ever noticed all the drug commercials on TV lately?  Why is it the side effects never include penile enlargement or super powers?
Side effects may include super powers or enlarged penis which may become permanent with continued use.  Stop taking Killatol immediately and consult your doctor if you experience penis enlargement of more than 3 inches, laser vision, superhuman strength, invulnerability, the ability to explode heads with your mind or time travel.  Killatoll is not for everyone, especially those who already have convertibles or vehicles of ridiculous size to supplement penis size.
Thanks everyone for your presence and contribution.

Now, finally, Simon, you have shown up.

excerpt Simon #597 Wrote:
Quote:Mariosep Wrote: Dear Simon Moon, when you show up please go to this post (see ANNEX 2 below) from yours truly, it will enlighten you on what it is to join the issue.

Thanks, but no thanks.

You have already demonstrated that you are unable to be intellectually honest, so unless you can come up with actual evidence for your god, I may be done with this thread.

Okay, what about your being born from your parents, that is causation by your parents of your existence and life, is that not evidence of God, in concept as first and foremost the creator cause and operator cause of the universe and man and everything with a beginning?

Thanks dear Simon for showing up, please stay with me.
(November 7, 2016 at 3:46 pm)Mariosep Wrote: Thanks everyone for your presence and contribution.

Now, finally, Simon, you have shown up.

excerpt Simon #597 Wrote:Thanks, but no thanks.

Okay, what about your being born from your parents, that is causation by your parents of your existence and life, is that not evidence of God, in concept as first and foremost the creator cause and operator cause of the universe and man and everything with a beginning?

Thanks dear Simon for showing up, please stay with me.

Causation is a fundamentally flawed argument.  You are taking known laws of our universe, laws which we know to work ONLY "within" our universe, and trying to apply them as the rules which also govern "not" our universe.  Before the beginnings of our universe there was "not" our universe.  The laws of our universe govern all of space, time, matter and energy, none of which existed before the beginning of our universe. To show that there was a "first cause" you would first have to show that causation even existed before our universe, something which is impossible until we can observe something outside of our universe. And EVEN IF you could show this your argument could bring one to the conclusion that this first cause was a fairy fart. You're just picking your favorite thing for what that first cause is, giving no evidence that it is the thing you imagine. The odds of you just pulling the correct explanation out of your ass with no evidence to point to it are statistically insignificant.
Have you ever noticed all the drug commercials on TV lately?  Why is it the side effects never include penile enlargement or super powers?
Side effects may include super powers or enlarged penis which may become permanent with continued use.  Stop taking Killatol immediately and consult your doctor if you experience penis enlargement of more than 3 inches, laser vision, superhuman strength, invulnerability, the ability to explode heads with your mind or time travel.  Killatoll is not for everyone, especially those who already have convertibles or vehicles of ridiculous size to supplement penis size.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you think Atheists are stupid? Authari 121 6047 January 4, 2024 at 7:35 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Do you think God is authoritarian? ShinyCrystals 65 3376 December 9, 2023 at 7:08 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  The fascinating asymmetry of theist-atheist discussion Astreja 5 482 July 22, 2023 at 8:02 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Europeans already think about Harry Potter, not about god Interaktive 11 1140 January 1, 2023 at 8:29 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  I'm no longer an anti-theist Duty 27 2084 September 16, 2022 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  I received a letter from a theist, need a good reply Radamand 22 2076 March 22, 2022 at 10:56 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Atheists, do you think Florence Nightingale was a way better person than that fraud Kimbu42 6 1009 October 11, 2021 at 9:43 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Proof at least one god is b.s. onlinebiker 10 1415 March 16, 2021 at 7:02 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  What do you think of LGBTQ2? SlimePumper 58 7271 February 18, 2019 at 5:19 am
Last Post: Agnostico
  Who do you think is best atheist of our times? GGG 70 7437 January 22, 2019 at 10:19 am
Last Post: GGG