Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 25, 2024, 3:53 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I am a theist, what do you think of my proof for God existing?
RE: I am a theist, what do you think of my proof for God existing?
98 pages and still no evidence for god. I can't even feign surprise. Look Ma, no foul language.
(November 27, 2016 at 6:05 pm)Mariosep Wrote: Haha, gotcha guys, Oh ye atheists here, you have not dared to address your brain to work on my statement, namely:

"The default status of things in the totality of reality is existence."
I have addressed it.  Let me recap in case you missed it.

Quote:That's stupid.

Others addressed it as well, all saying pretty much the same thing.  I hope this finally clears up your perpetual confusion.
Have you ever noticed all the drug commercials on TV lately?  Why is it the side effects never include penile enlargement or super powers?
Side effects may include super powers or enlarged penis which may become permanent with continued use.  Stop taking Killatol immediately and consult your doctor if you experience penis enlargement of more than 3 inches, laser vision, superhuman strength, invulnerability, the ability to explode heads with your mind or time travel.  Killatoll is not for everyone, especially those who already have convertibles or vehicles of ridiculous size to supplement penis size.
Dear readers, I am correct again, atheists here are saturated nay marinated or worst in self-seizure with hatred (I must be careful lest I also fall into such an abominable self-degradation) toward their debate opponents, instead of conducting themselves in calm reason and intelligence, which I always uphold for myself, read this post from Asmodee in ANNEX below.

Okay, dear atheists here, please do a reasonable and intelligent analysis, without lapsing into raving mad foul language, why Asmodee says that my statement, "The default status of things in the totality of reality is existence," is stupid in his self-miasma of hate and fear toward me.

Haha, gotcha again, Asmodee, you have not at all taken the challenge from me to undertake the serious work of doing reasonable and intelligent analysis of my statement, "The default status of things in the totality of reality is existence," putting yourself in the realm of objective reality of existence, like the nose in your face and that the fact that your papa and mama brought you into existence and life by their causation of you all the way from papa's sperm and mama's egg fusing in your mama's uterus, to the delivery by your mama of you after nine long months of gestation, Oh Asmodee who now call yourself Asmodee,* already in full term as a human being, a homo sapiens, instead of a hate-degradated atheist.

Here, dear atheist colleagues, is the way to do a reasonable and intelligent analysis of the statement above, namely: "The default status of things in the totality of reality is existence," by examining your nose and the fact that your papas and mamas brought you into existence and life by their causation with your papas' sperm and your mamas' egg fusing in mamas' uterus, then after nine long months a full term human being baby, another homo sapiens comes forth from her uterus, which papas and mamas continue to nurture in all aspects of human existence and life into one day hopefully autonomous members of civilized human society.

*Cf. Asmodeus, noun
1. (in Jewish demonology) prince of the demons, see Dictionary.com.

ANNEX
Asmodee Wrote:Member
Religious Views: Agnostic atheist
Threads: 2
1 hour ago

As by citation Asmodee Yesterday, 06:05 Wrote:[From Mariosep]:
   Haha, gotcha guys, Oh ye atheists here, you have not dared to address your brain to work on my statement, namely:

"The default status of things in the totality of reality is existence."

I have addressed it.  Let me recap in case you missed it.

Quote:
   That's stupid.

Others addressed it as well, all saying pretty much the same thing.  I hope this finally clears up your perpetual confusion.

Side effects may include super powers or enlarged penis which may become permanent with continued use.  Stop taking Killatol immediately and consult your doctor if you experience penis enlargement of more than 3 inches, laser vision, superhuman strength, invulnerability, the ability to explode heads with your mind or time travel.  Killatoll is not for everyone, especially those who already have convertibles or vehicles of ridiculous size to supplement penis size.
So I see that you still don't have anything useful to back up your assertions. 99 pages? Stubbornness at its finest here, folks.
(November 28, 2016 at 5:08 pm)Mariosep Wrote: "The default status of things in the totality of reality is existence,"

So, if the default state of reality is existence, then why is your god needed?

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.
Dear Jesster, yes, you are my "Your friendly neighborhood heathen," thanks for your reaction.

Now, don't go away, because I like you and me to think on the fact that our papas and mamas brought us into existence and life, by asking ourselves this question:

Is that causation from and by our papas and mamas?

Dear atheist colleagues, please pay serious and continuous attention to the dialogue that will ensue from this invitation by me to Jesster, but see whether she will continue with me.

That is the insurmountable difficulty with ay reasonable and intelligent dialogue with atheists here, they will not sustain a reasonable and intelligent dialogue with me, without lapsing right away or eventually but sooner than later, into raving mad foul language, and then disappear, but later to come back and declare, There has not been any proof of God existing from me, but see the OP, right there at the very start of the thread is the proof - and then later on with my introduction of babies, and now with the insight that "The default status of things in the totality of reality is existence.”

What's the use of repeating with a dialogue now with Jesster if and when she cares to continue with me: BECAUSE inevitabbly they will leave me and the dialogue, but come back later and repeat again their falsehood, that I have not proven God exists, in concept as first and foremost the creator and operator of the universe and man and everything with a beginning.

Dear readers, thanks a lot for reading my thread, and tomorrow I will be back, in the meantime I will try to put in some time to research on the psychology of atheists dictating the epistemology of atheists.

And yes, if you newcomers here, have some ideas to take up with me, think whether you will sustain our dialogue because if not, then don't take the dare because you will sooner than later go away, once you realize that you are doomed for not having the truths, the facts, the logic, and the history of ideas with you at all.
Yes, please repeat the same thing to me that others here have already destroyed. Find a new argument already.
You know, no newcomer will read a 100 page thread in full.
Much less one in which the main protagonist just keeps repeating the same points over and over; and with a verbosity that discourages reading the same thing more than once; And that keeps failing to address the numerous objections presented to his reasoning presented in post #1.

Why don't you, mariosep, stop addressing some imaginary non-present reader, and start addressing the arguments that the people here have presented you with?
Start on page 1, like your imaginary newcomer. Go on.
(November 28, 2016 at 5:54 pm)pocaracas Wrote: You know, no  newcomer will read a 100 page thread in full.

Fortunately, all they need to do is read the OP, where Mariosep admits that his method of proving god is to presume that he exists and then work backward.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
Mario, I would like to ask a question. It's an honest question, honestly asked and simply crying out for an honest answer. There is no animosity involved, simply pure curiosity.

Here is my question.

What the fuck are you on?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you think Atheists are stupid? Authari 121 6101 January 4, 2024 at 7:35 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Do you think God is authoritarian? ShinyCrystals 65 3398 December 9, 2023 at 7:08 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  The fascinating asymmetry of theist-atheist discussion Astreja 5 482 July 22, 2023 at 8:02 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Europeans already think about Harry Potter, not about god Interaktive 11 1141 January 1, 2023 at 8:29 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  I'm no longer an anti-theist Duty 27 2089 September 16, 2022 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  I received a letter from a theist, need a good reply Radamand 22 2077 March 22, 2022 at 10:56 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Atheists, do you think Florence Nightingale was a way better person than that fraud Kimbu42 6 1010 October 11, 2021 at 9:43 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Proof at least one god is b.s. onlinebiker 10 1418 March 16, 2021 at 7:02 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  What do you think of LGBTQ2? SlimePumper 58 7278 February 18, 2019 at 5:19 am
Last Post: Agnostico
  Who do you think is best atheist of our times? GGG 70 7454 January 22, 2019 at 10:19 am
Last Post: GGG