Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 16, 2024, 12:30 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Were social justice warriors responsible for the election outcome?
RE: Were social justice warriors responsible for the election outcome?
(November 15, 2016 at 9:53 am)TaraJo Wrote:

Late to the game but I'll reply anyway:

Personally I think the effects that the SJW/Feminist community have had on the election surpasses what most people would think by far. I mean, these fucks are everywhere (all social media, in the streets) literally screaming at people over nonsense more oft than not. The real kicker is that if you don't readily agree with them, or rather "listen and believe", then you're an evil, racist, bigoted, sexist, -insert here-phobe, twat deserving of the worst they have to offer your way. People are only going to take so much of that before they leave the left, or push back from the right. 

And let's not forget all the white hate. Ah, that reminds me, a Hail Anita a day keeps the SJW's away: 

(November 15, 2016 at 8:32 pm)Kosh Wrote: I'll take a social justice warrior over an ignorant fearful whiny-ass racist.  The former will mellow with age while the latter just become more of a despicable human scumbag.

So... you'll have your shit and eat it too? They're one in the same Kosh.
[Image: bbb59Ce.gif]

(September 17, 2015 at 4:04 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I make change in the coin tendered. If you want courteous treatment, behave courteously. Preaching at me and calling me immoral is not courteous behavior.
(November 17, 2016 at 11:39 am)mh.brewer Wrote:
(November 17, 2016 at 11:18 am)Divinity Wrote: No, I think today's politicians have convinced the electorate that they can build an economy on fucking coal.  Which is fucking dying whether people fucking like it or not.  And it's going away sooner than most people think.  People want jobs, but apparently they need to be in coal or manufacturing, because flying zebras forbid that they have jobs that *gasp* might not HAVE to be there.  You know... like just about everywhere else.  

Putting it on life support is just going to fuck over future generations in terms of jobs and in terms of environment.  But the politicians don't give a flying fuck because all most people give a damn about is 'me, me, me.  Will this effect me?"

Build, expand or maintain? The coal economy was built years ago. It's now declining and will continue to decline.

Building green energy should be a goal, I agree. But it's not at the point that it can replace coal. Unfortunately the US and other nations will be dependent on coal as an energy source into my foreseeable future.

Have you read the EIA World Energy Outlook reports over the last 5 years? Green energy is here. Wind is competitive with coal already and the 4 year forecasts for new installations (which are in planning and siting stages roughly now) all have wind under the price of coal.

And boy are markets responding. Generating companies are basically only installing natural gas and wind right now. There's some solar going on due to tax credits and reuse of brownfield sites.

Green energy is here, now. And there are very few jobs in them.
(November 18, 2016 at 4:30 am)Bob Kelso Wrote:
(November 15, 2016 at 9:53 am)TaraJo Wrote:

Late to the game but I'll reply anyway:

Personally I think the effects that the SJW/Feminist community have had on the election surpasses what most people would think by far. I mean, these fucks are everywhere (all social media, in the streets) literally screaming at people over nonsense more oft than not. The real kicker is that if you don't readily agree with them, or rather "listen and believe", then you're an evil, racist, bigoted, sexist, -insert here-phobe, twat deserving of the worst they have to offer your way. People are only going to take so much of that before they leave the left, or push back from the right. 

And let's not forget all the white hate. Ah, that reminds me, a Hail Anita a day keeps the SJW's away: 

(November 15, 2016 at 8:32 pm)Kosh Wrote: I'll take a social justice warrior over an ignorant fearful whiny-ass racist.  The former will mellow with age while the latter just become more of a despicable human scumbag.

So... you'll have your shit and eat it too? They're one in the same Kosh.

That is your opinion that they are one and the same. From my prospective the latter is an asshole, and the sjw calls them out for being a dirtbag.

In my 50 years on this planet, the "sjw folks" have never given me a second look or made a comment to me. I'm a middle-aged white male. According to the anti-pc crowd, I should be persecuted the minute I leave my house.

If people are tired of being called out when they behave like an asshole... Stop being an asshole..

Political corectnes isn't this vague nebulous hard to understand concept. Treat others as you want to be treated and don't be a jerk. People don't like it when they called out for bad behavior. I love it when they apologize and claim that what we saw isn't the real them. They are just sorry someone noticed.

“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
(November 30, 2016 at 3:55 pm)mihoda Wrote:
(November 17, 2016 at 11:39 am)mh.brewer Wrote: Build, expand or maintain? The coal economy was built years ago. It's now declining and will continue to decline.

Building green energy should be a goal, I agree. But it's not at the point that it can replace coal. Unfortunately the US and other nations will be dependent on coal as an energy source into my foreseeable future.

Have you read the EIA World Energy Outlook reports over the last 5 years? Green energy is here. Wind is competitive with coal already and the 4 year forecasts for new installations (which are in planning and siting stages roughly now) all have wind under the price of coal.

And boy are markets responding. Generating companies are basically only installing natural gas and wind right now. There's some solar going on due to tax credits and reuse of brownfield sites.

So, shut down all coal generated electricity/power today?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(November 30, 2016 at 5:31 pm)mh.brewer Wrote:
(November 30, 2016 at 3:55 pm)mihoda Wrote: Have you read the EIA World Energy Outlook reports over the last 5 years? Green energy is here. Wind is competitive with coal already and the 4 year forecasts for new installations (which are in planning and siting stages roughly now) all have wind under the price of coal.

So, shut down all coal generated electricity/power today?

I agree that shutting them down today isn't an option. But phasing them out or converting coal to natural gas is doable.

Coal miners think the liberal environmentalist took their jobs, but in reallity cheap natural gas put the nail in the coffin for them.

(November 30, 2016 at 5:23 pm)Kosh Wrote:
(November 18, 2016 at 4:30 am)Bob Kelso Wrote: So... you'll have your shit and eat it too? They're one in the same Kosh.

That is your opinion that they are one and the same.  From my prospective the latter is an asshole, and the sjw calls them out for being a dirtbag.

In my 50 years on this planet, the "sjw folks" have never given me a second look or made a comment to me.  I'm a middle-aged white male.  According to the anti-pc crowd, I should be persecuted the minute I leave my house.

If people are tired of being called out when they behave like an asshole...  Stop being an asshole..
*my emphasis*

Bollocks. It's an observed truth. Your personal experiences, or the lack thereof, don't wipe away the reality of the veritable legions of racist, bigoted, cunts, and the equally racist and bigoted tenets that dwell within the SJW communities. I've always been a fan of calling a spade a spade, you'll find no arguments with me there if the spade is indeed a spade and not a pruning shear. What I do have an issue with is hypocrisy and absolute madness, which are admittedly found in every corner of the arena but I think you'll find that there is massive amounts of both within the SJW ideologies. 

Quote:Political corectnes isn't this vague nebulous hard to understand concept.  Treat others as you want to be treated and don't be a jerk. People don't like it when they called out for bad behavior.  I love it when they apologize and claim that what we saw isn't the real them.  They are just sorry someone noticed.

PC in the workplace and otherwise professional areas, I don't have much of an issue with. Perceived "bad" language and actions are bad for business, I get that. On the other hand PC in the public and private domains is being used at it's best as annoying thought/speech policing, and at it's worst as a method to bully and publicly humiliate anyone with an opinion outside of the Borg's strict guidelines.
[Image: bbb59Ce.gif]

(September 17, 2015 at 4:04 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I make change in the coin tendered. If you want courteous treatment, behave courteously. Preaching at me and calling me immoral is not courteous behavior.
(December 1, 2016 at 2:24 am)Bob Kelso Wrote: [...] On the other hand PC in the public and private domains is being used at it's best as annoying thought/speech policing, and at it's worst as a method to bully and publicly humiliate anyone with an opinion outside of the Borg's strict guidelines.

How? What methods exactly, are being used to bully and humiliate those people? Is there some governmental PC police force, that puts them on some sort of register, or otherwise inconveniences them? Some sort of organized apparatus of oppression? Or is it mainly - just some other people (sometimes lots of them) publicly speaking against them, in media and on the internet, or deciding not to do business with them and such?  And isn't that also freedom of speech and enterprise?

In a society with freedom of speech, if I hold and express unpopular views, I have to be prepared, for quite a lot of people - perhaps the majority of them, if I'm a particularly anti-social a**hole - to have a negative opinion of me and openly speak against me. If I'm not "man enough" to withstand that - maybe I should just keep my trap shut?

"Anyone with an opinion outside of the Borg's strict guidelines" needs to stop being triggered by bespectacled fat girls with funny hair on Facebook, seems to me.

I was born in a country with actual thought/speech police - you know, the kind that could make you disappear, for saying the wrong thing. This fashionable new narrative of white man's liberties being restricted in the West - especially in USA - makes me laugh, though bitterly...
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
People have the freedom to be racist assholes and say whatever they want. They just hate the fact that they get called out on it.

By all means.. Go on Facebook and enjoy your free speech. Just don't be surprised when someone calls a spade a spade.

Can we change alcoholic to over enthusiastic mixologist?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
OP title is the new version of "Women would have it so much better if they would just shut up. They just make the men angry."
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2024 US Presidential Election Thumpalumpacus 1195 66630 June 13, 2024 at 12:35 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Social democracy in Europe without 5 minutes Interaktive 1 611 January 3, 2023 at 4:55 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Bacha Bazi: how poor Afghani boys were raped. WinterHold 76 6427 December 29, 2022 at 2:25 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Does Social Issues matter when deciding your political affiliation? T.J. 48 3436 April 21, 2022 at 9:36 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  TX social media censorship bill Fake Messiah 24 2321 September 14, 2021 at 3:15 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Amy Coney Barnett officially confirmed as Supreme Court Justice Rev. Rye 33 2265 October 28, 2020 at 3:01 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Mail in voting/ and election day. Brian37 6 879 October 25, 2020 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  BREAKING:Trump refuses to commit to a peaceful transition of power after Election Day WinterHold 97 5936 October 2, 2020 at 1:50 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Justice Obama? BrianSoddingBoru4 33 1764 August 26, 2020 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Social Security and wealth. Brian37 20 1174 July 9, 2020 at 12:18 pm
Last Post: Brian37