Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 31, 2024, 7:41 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lighter Skin = Better?
RE: Lighter Skin = Better?
Gingers are the ultimate in civilisation.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

If life was a game of civilization I think the league table would look pretty much like

1 Great Britain
2 America
3 Rome
4 China

Taking into account past achievements such as conquests and empire size and technological advances.

At the bottom would probably be

Native americans
Native Australians
Africa

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

(July 11, 2013 at 12:34 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote:
(July 11, 2013 at 11:25 am)_xenu_ Wrote: Alright sweetheart, if you insist. You've been a bad girl!

DevilDevilDevil

Don't play with me now... you can do better than that.
You really are an eager little thing, aren't you? 4 Horsemen

Get down on your knees and lay your chest on top of my legs from my right side then take down your pants. Then prepare for punishment. And while you're down there...

Smile
(July 11, 2013 at 2:26 pm)paulpablo Wrote: If life was a game of civilization I think the league table would look pretty much like

1 Great Britain
2 America
3 Rome
4 China

What a stunningly ethnocentric and modern centric view?

In 5000 year span of human civilization, what is a mere century and change of preminance by pip squeaks such as Britain or America?

The pyramids of Ancient Egypt marked the center of world power, culture and civilization for 2000 years before anything like any comparable power arose.

China was supreme in power, wealth, and technological advancement for 1000 years

Rome bestrode the known world like a colossus for 700 years

Next to these of what account is the US, whose dominance has lasted but 100 years and seem set to last not more much than maybe two decades; or Britain whose supremacy can charitably be said to last only 150 years, provided one overlooks the fact that during much of this 150 years, she wasn't actually supreme by any significant margin over her peers, she just played a balance of power game with others?

(July 11, 2013 at 2:26 pm)paulpablo Wrote: Native americans
Native Australians
Africa

No. Native American culture may have come to an untimely end, but who is to say ours won't? But while it lasted, Native Americans of central and South America exhibited a cultural continuity that at least matched those of the ancient Egyptians, who remain to this day the undisputed champion of longetivity of civilizational preeminance in the old world.
(July 11, 2013 at 2:26 pm)paulpablo Wrote: If life was a game of civilization I think the league table would look pretty much like

1 Great Britain
2 America
3 Rome
4 China

Taking into account past achievements such as conquests and empire size and technological advances.

Shouldn't Persia be at the top?
(July 11, 2013 at 2:49 pm)Faith No More Wrote:

1 Great Britain
2 America
3 Rome
4 China

Shouldn't Persia be at the top?

Not necessarily at the top, but certainly higher than America or Britain.
(July 10, 2013 at 11:52 pm)Rahul Wrote:
(July 10, 2013 at 9:32 pm)Full Circle Wrote: Here you can see it for free in pdf format:

http://www.ahshistory.com/wp-content/upl...-STEEL.pdf

Yes! I've been looking for the complete online free version of this for ages. Everytime I looked I kept finding condensed partial versions.

NOW ITS MINE! ALL MINE!

Glad I could help Big Grin

BTW if you guys on this forum have a book discussion thread, this would be a terrific tome to chat about.
"Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.” ~ Ambrose Bierce

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's." - Mark Twain in Eruption
(July 11, 2013 at 2:26 pm)paulpablo Wrote: At the bottom would probably be

Native americans
Native Australians
Africa

Why does Africa always get lumped into one monolith? There are thousands of cultures and have been hundreds (if not thousands) of civilizations throughout Africa's history. Let's not forget, Egypt is in Africa and Great Zimbabwe, if you're going by architectural standards.
(July 10, 2013 at 7:58 pm)Koolay Wrote: How comes countries with the lighter skin are the more civilised?

Read "Guns, Germs and Steel" or go on relishing all the ways in which you and yours just obviously seem to be superior to everyone else. You might also try cultivating more reflectiveness generally.
(July 11, 2013 at 1:15 pm)Mister Agenda Wrote: "Don't play with me now... you can do better than that. "-thesummerqueen

I was going to try to resist being dragged into the derail. Really.

I can totally spank you better than Xenu.

But maybe not better than Rhythmn.

Resistance is only acceptable as a reason for more discipline.

(July 11, 2013 at 1:48 pm)Maelstrom Wrote: The only thread to which Koolaid has not come back to respond.

I hope I contributed to that.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is republic better than monarchy? FlatAssembler 18 1080 September 13, 2022 at 12:03 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Christianity as religious institution in politics over islamic is sadly almost better Kimba02 3 336 April 11, 2019 at 6:55 am
Last Post: Succubus
  Ivanka insulting the mothers of all immigrants, or better: all immigrants. WinterHold 22 2316 May 31, 2018 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Laws Are No Better Than The Fuckheads Who Enforce Them Minimalist 2 638 April 3, 2018 at 12:39 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  We'd Be Better Off With The Taliban In Charge Minimalist 2 1458 April 20, 2017 at 4:55 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Top 10 Reasons Why Palin Would Make a Better President Than Trump YahwehIsTheWay 3 1005 April 18, 2017 at 8:00 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Who is the better first lady? Michelle Obama or Melania Trump ErGingerbreadMandude 62 9139 January 24, 2017 at 12:03 am
Last Post: Cecelia
  Better Hurry Up With That Wall, Drumpfucks. Minimalist 1 660 November 12, 2016 at 5:04 pm
Last Post: abaris
  What can you tell me to make it feel better? Whateverist 44 6416 November 10, 2016 at 12:44 am
Last Post: Tiberius
  I Guess This Makes It All Better Minimalist 8 1483 August 10, 2016 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0