Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 24, 2024, 10:44 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One question for Christians
RE: One question for Christians
(July 11, 2013 at 3:20 pm)Stimbo Wrote:
(July 11, 2013 at 3:13 pm)Faith No More Wrote: So, since there is no divine law, we can conclude sin does not exist, yes?

It's actually worse than that, FNM. since sin is "An immoral act considered to be a transgression against divine law", ronedee now has to establish what precisely constitutes an immoral act, what divine law is and how one transgresses it. It's a vital part of his stance because he's postulated that "maybe God Himself paid the price for sin" and yet we're no further forward.

Yes we are! We are not condemned to death as He stated in the beginning! If we believe, and move from sin it has NO POWER over us anymore!

HE TOOK IT AWAY!

He also died. He shared in our Humanity, as we will share in His Divinity!

It makes perfect sense to those with understanding! And not a bit to those w/o!

So...why am I even trying here?!Thinking
Quis ut Deus?
(July 11, 2013 at 3:24 pm)ronedee Wrote: So...why am I even trying here?!Thinking

In the hopes that insanity is communicable over the internet?
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(July 11, 2013 at 3:24 pm)ronedee Wrote: Yes we are! We are not condemned to death as He stated in the beginning! If we believe, and move from sin it has NO POWER over us anymore!

HE TOOK IT AWAY!

He also died. He shared in our Humanity, as we will share in His Divinity!

But what actually is sin? If I as a human being am to be judged against this sin, then it must have some definable quality that can be used as a metric. In order to know how far a car will run on one tank of fuel, let's say you want to choose one to buy from all the cars on offer in a showroom, you would need to know how much fuel the tank will hold and how fuel-efficient the engine is.

(July 11, 2013 at 3:24 pm)ronedee Wrote: It makes perfect sense to those with understanding! And not a bit to those w/o!

So...why am I even trying here?!Thinking

I do hope it's not to preach. That would be a sin against the forum rules.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(July 11, 2013 at 3:24 pm)ronedee Wrote:
(July 11, 2013 at 3:20 pm)Stimbo Wrote: It's actually worse than that, FNM. since sin is "An immoral act considered to be a transgression against divine law", ronedee now has to establish what precisely constitutes an immoral act, what divine law is and how one transgresses it. It's a vital part of his stance because he's postulated that "maybe God Himself paid the price for sin" and yet we're no further forward.

Yes we are! We are not condemned to death as He stated in the beginning! If we believe, and move from sin it has NO POWER over us anymore!

HE TOOK IT AWAY!

Except original sin. Tiger

Quote:He also died. He shared in our Humanity, as we will share in His Divinity!

But he apparently became a Zombie anyway, so what's the point?

Quote:It makes perfect sense to those with understanding! And not a bit to those w/o!

Special logic requires special understanding. I don't subscribe to the special logic of a Church because I only care about what's real. When I use real understanding, I understand that the entire account is simply laughable, unverifiable, and downright pitiful.

Quote:So...why am I even trying here?!Thinking

You're trying? You haven't given us ANY evidence for any of your claims. People in your situation don't realize they need to do just that, so we understand if you aren't used to the concept. But, please, when we ask for evidence, just know that we're asking sincerely, and we're not out to entrap you in your words. When we think things through with you, you'll understand better just how we use reason and logic to successfully navigate murky waters.
(July 11, 2013 at 3:26 pm)Tonus Wrote:
(July 11, 2013 at 3:24 pm)ronedee Wrote: So...why am I even trying here?!Thinking

In the hopes that insanity is communicable over the internet?

...in your case its working!
Quis ut Deus?
(July 11, 2013 at 3:35 pm)ronedee Wrote:
(July 11, 2013 at 3:26 pm)Tonus Wrote: In the hopes that insanity is communicable over the internet?

...in your case its working!

And your answer leads one to believe that you're instigating said insanity.
(July 11, 2013 at 3:34 pm)BadWriterSparty Wrote: You're trying? You haven't given us ANY evidence for any of your claims. People in your situation don't realize they need to do just that, so we understand if you aren't used to the concept. But, please, when we ask for evidence, just know that we're asking sincerely, and we're not out to entrap you in your words. When we think things through with you, you'll understand better just how we use reason and logic to successfully navigate murky waters.

Evidence? Where?!

If a physicist wrote out an equation for say, Quantum Mechanics? Would you say: Ok...now I see your evidence?

Well, think of me as a brilliant physicist and you? well whatever you want.
Quis ut Deus?
(July 11, 2013 at 3:24 pm)ronedee Wrote: Yes we are! We are not condemned to death as He stated in the beginning! If we believe, and move from sin it has NO POWER over us anymore!

HE TOOK IT AWAY!

How exactly did he (God) take away sin?
"This time the bullet cold rocked ya a yellow ribbon instead of a swastika?" -RATM
(July 11, 2013 at 3:49 pm)ronedee Wrote: Evidence? Where?!

If a physicist wrote out an equation for say, Quantum Mechanics? Would you say: Ok...now I see your evidence?

Well, think of me as a brilliant physicist and you? well whatever you want.

You really are peddling insanity.
(July 11, 2013 at 3:50 pm)Dionysius Wrote:

HE TOOK IT AWAY!

How exactly did he (God) take away sin?

By taking its power over us away. We were NOT able to escape the death sentence: "If you sin you will surely die."

When God says something as final as that...He is the only one that can fix it!

But this whole dialog is fruitless if you don't care! And I'll prove it now.....

IF ANYONE HERE CARES SAY SO?
Quis ut Deus?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 8094 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Hypothetical Question for Christians (involving aliens) Tiberius 26 3512 June 7, 2018 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Question I have for Christians. Quick 45 7366 May 12, 2018 at 1:20 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  A single question for Christians Foxaèr 30 6536 October 6, 2017 at 9:00 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Question for Christians regarding elimination of Sin ErGingerbreadMandude 11 2815 January 29, 2017 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: The Wise Joker
  A Loaded Question for Christians chimp3 33 5145 December 19, 2016 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Are Christians delusional? This one is. Nihilist Virus 13 2289 July 10, 2016 at 8:59 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Question to Christians purplepurpose 72 8823 July 7, 2016 at 12:40 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Why do Christians become Christians? SteveII 168 31609 May 20, 2016 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Hypothetical Question for the Christians Cecelia 7 1627 January 18, 2016 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Drich