Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 25, 2024, 3:04 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One question for Christians
RE: One question for Christians
(July 11, 2013 at 4:27 pm)Dionysius Wrote: Good. Perhaps you can tell me how sacrificing a human being on the cross saves someone?

Are you even remotely familar with the bible? Or are you just playing stupid?
Quis ut Deus?
Wow, GC and Ronedee deserve some sort of medal for putting up with all of you because the excrement you guys are tossing out there is even deeper than usual.

1. Genesis never says the Moon is a light source, so stop adding that language to the verse.
2. Genesis calls the Moon a light, which is completely valid, a light is simply anything that illuminates, and without the Moon there’d be virtually no natural light at night, so it does illuminate.

Now for the kicker…

Those idiots at Webster’s! Don’t they know that the there’s no such thing as “light of the Moon”? it’s really just sunlight being reflected off of the Moon! Sheesh!

Moonlight (noun)- the light of the moon. (Webster’s Dictionary)

One of the most prestigious peer-reviewed scientific journals in the World uses the term “moonlight”! What a bunch of idiots! Don’t they know anything about science at Nature!? There’s no such thing as “moonlight”, it is really sunlight being reflected by the Moon!

“With its concept for a new approach to outdoor lighting, the group asks: What if streetlights could respond to ambient moonlight, dimming and brightening each month as the moon cycles through its phases? On clear nights when the moon is full, streetlights might even turn off completely. The scheme, which they call “lunar-resonant streetlights,” could save as much as 80–90 percent of the energy used in streetlighting while bringing back the experience of moonlight and stargazing to urban areas.” - Posted by Steve Chase of Nature April 25, 2008

Those fools at the American Geophysical Union! They said that was an image of Hurricane Isaac by moonlight (light of the Moon)! Don’t they know that light bouncing off of the Moon is really just sunlight!

http://blogs.agu.org/wildwildscience/201...moonlight/

I am in shock! Those morons at NASA use the term “moonlight” (light of the Moon) over 15 times in this article! Don’t those guys know that there is no such thing as moonlight? It’s really sunlight being reflected off of the Moon’s surface! I can’t believe my tax dollars fund such idiocy!

http://science1.nasa.gov/science-news/sc...moonlight/

So let’s see, the Bible, Dictionary, Nature, AGU, and NASA use similar language in describing the Moon. Obviously a source using such language does nothing to prove that the source is scientifically ignorant. You all will have to do better!
(July 11, 2013 at 4:28 pm)Stimbo Wrote:
(July 11, 2013 at 4:23 pm)Faith No More Wrote: If you thought that was funny, it is you with humor problems.

Ah, xtian humour. Nothing - and nobody - like it.

Laugh? I very nearly did.

I like you! Always a smile on your face!!Smile
Quis ut Deus?
(July 11, 2013 at 4:29 pm)ronedee Wrote:
(July 11, 2013 at 4:27 pm)Dionysius Wrote: Good. Perhaps you can tell me how sacrificing a human being on the cross saves someone?

Are you even remotely familar with the bible? Or are you just playing stupid?

Are you able to answer the question? Also the other questions you missed,

0.What was broken?
1. How does sin destroy the body?
2. How does sin destroy the soul?
"This time the bullet cold rocked ya a yellow ribbon instead of a swastika?" -RATM
(July 11, 2013 at 4:30 pm)ronedee Wrote: I like you! Always a smile on your face!!Smile

That's not my face... but thank you!
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(July 11, 2013 at 4:29 pm)Statler Waldorf Wrote: Wow, GC and Ronedee deserve some sort of medal for putting up with all of you because the excrement you guys are tossing out there is even deeper than usual.

::Takes a bow::

(July 11, 2013 at 4:29 pm)Statler Waldorf Wrote: 1. Genesis never says the Moon is a light source, so stop adding that language to the verse.
2. Genesis calls the Moon a light, which is completely valid, a light is simply anything that illuminates, and without the Moon there’d be virtually no natural light at night, so it does illuminate.

We added nor subtracted anything. In the Genesis account, the moon is referred to as a light the same way the sun is. Can you prove that this is not the way it was meant to be understood?

I liked all the articles though, and I especially loved the initiative to make those lunar lamps. Very nifty.

The thing many people forget is that, when you break it down, moonlight is still the sun's light. Are we really going to argue about that?
(July 11, 2013 at 4:35 pm)Stimbo Wrote:
(July 11, 2013 at 4:30 pm)ronedee Wrote: I like you! Always a smile on your face!!Smile

That's not my face... but thank you!

Just being funny stimmy!Wink Shades
Quis ut Deus?
Indeed, appreciated and reflected in the kudos I gave you. Bit like the Moon, really.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(July 11, 2013 at 4:34 pm)Dionysius Wrote:
(July 11, 2013 at 4:29 pm)ronedee Wrote: Are you even remotely familar with the bible? Or are you just playing stupid?

Are you able to answer the question? Also the other questions you missed,

0.What was broken?

ok...ok!

1 & 2. God said: "IF we sin we would die"! (aka destroyed) No longer exist.

sin or evil (against God's will) = death sentence from God.

I can't believe I'm answering in this manner!Confusedhock:
Quis ut Deus?
(July 11, 2013 at 4:49 pm)ronedee Wrote:
(July 11, 2013 at 4:34 pm)Dionysius Wrote: Are you able to answer the question? Also the other questions you missed,

0.What was broken?

ok...ok!

(July 11, 2013 at 4:49 pm)ronedee Wrote: 1 & 2. God said: "IF we sin we would die"! (aka destroyed) No longer exist.

My questions asked how? How does sin destroy the body and the soul? The operative word is "how", as in modus operandi. I am aware of the consequences.

(July 11, 2013 at 4:49 pm)ronedee Wrote: sin or evil (against God's will) = death sentence from God.

What is God's will?

(July 11, 2013 at 4:49 pm)ronedee Wrote: I can't believe I'm answering in this manner!Confusedhock:

I can't believe I'm actually hoping to get some useful information for reasonable discussion from you. So far it ain't working, help me out here.

Also, in case you forgot,

0.What was broken?
1.How did torturing and then sacrificing a human being benefit (save) humanity?
"This time the bullet cold rocked ya a yellow ribbon instead of a swastika?" -RATM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 8095 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Hypothetical Question for Christians (involving aliens) Tiberius 26 3512 June 7, 2018 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Question I have for Christians. Quick 45 7369 May 12, 2018 at 1:20 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  A single question for Christians Foxaèr 30 6536 October 6, 2017 at 9:00 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Question for Christians regarding elimination of Sin ErGingerbreadMandude 11 2815 January 29, 2017 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: The Wise Joker
  A Loaded Question for Christians chimp3 33 5145 December 19, 2016 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Are Christians delusional? This one is. Nihilist Virus 13 2289 July 10, 2016 at 8:59 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Question to Christians purplepurpose 72 8825 July 7, 2016 at 12:40 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Why do Christians become Christians? SteveII 168 31611 May 20, 2016 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Hypothetical Question for the Christians Cecelia 7 1627 January 18, 2016 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Drich