Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 31, 2024, 8:06 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lighter Skin = Better?
RE: Lighter Skin = Better?
(July 11, 2013 at 5:03 pm)whateverist Wrote: How comes countries with the lighter skin are the more civilised?

For some reason the statement "because civilization is judged by vulberability to sun burn" comes to mind.
(July 11, 2013 at 11:33 am)Minimalist Wrote:
(July 11, 2013 at 10:47 am)Doubting Thomas Wrote: And why is it that "I'm not racist, but..." is followed by the most racist trash you'll ever hear? I don't know who is worse, the racists who claim to not be racists, or the blatant racists who are proud to be racist.

Particularly common in the modern (or is that an oxymoron) republican party.

Oh they invented entitlement. "Pay no attention to the silver spoon in his mouth. My son once worked in a McDonald's! Truly he did work his way to the top of the corporation my father started by tugging good and hard on his bootstraps. Oh, and death taxes! Sooo unfair."
(July 11, 2013 at 1:57 am)paulpablo Wrote: There's a really good documentary about this topic called "guns germs and steel"

In evolutionary terms though there is no genetic superiority among things that are alive, if they are alive their genetics are doing well.

The countries of which darker skinned races are the majority do seem to have less technology and stability, but I don't think you're very accurate in saying lighter skinned races are more peaceful that is ridiculous since the roman empire, british empire, greeks, vikings, americans, germans, russians aren't exactly know for their peaceful activities on earth, they all do have high technological achievements though. I suppose if you were talking about internal wars within countries then Europe has recently been fairly peaceful but if you go back less than 100 years it was the blood bath capital of the world.

Sociopaths can not be excessively violent. The best slave masters, don't need or rarely need whip. Sociopaths will always dominate psychopaths in the long run since they can put on a mask of sanity quite well, that an African warlord can not.

White culture is usually dominated by sociopaths, rather than out and out psychopaths.

(July 11, 2013 at 2:26 pm)paulpablo Wrote: If life was a game of civilization I think the league table would look pretty much like

1 Great Britain
2 America
3 Rome
4 China

I would say Europe/America and Asia have always dominated the earth in terms of social progress, economic progress, and technological progress.

Before, the roman and persian empire had the most progressive economic/technological development. Thousands of years later now it is USA/Europe and east Asia - Not that different really, Asians and whites still are the best.
The only freedom, is freedom from illusion.
(July 11, 2013 at 5:27 pm)Koolay Wrote: Not that different really, Asians and whites still are the best.

Your wife might disagree.

Angel
guns germs and steel is a book that simply furthers the racist theory of enviromental determinism and can be considered quite racist as it's conclusion is the same as the OP that lighter skin societies are better and it's because of the enviroment and "here's why"..... the truth is societies with the smallest/defunct male genitalia are the most inherently violent and therefore focus more on developing technology and killing eachother rather than lying in sun eating and having sex any alien intelligent lifebeing would easily say darker skin is far more "civilized"
That sounds like George Carlin theorizing.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
(July 11, 2013 at 5:46 pm)cratehorus Wrote: guns germs and steel is a book that simply furthers the racist theory of enviromental determinism and can be considered quite racist as it's conclusion is the same as the OP that lighter skin societies are better and it's because of the enviroment and "here's why"..... the truth is societies with the smallest/defunct male genitalia are the most inherently violent and therefore focus more on developing technology and killing eachother rather than lying in sun eating and having sex any alien intelligent lifebeing would easily say darker skin is far more "civilized"

What's your definition of racist?

I don't think making a speculation on obvious patterns is racist.

Is it racist to talk about statistics concerning race?

Civilisation is measured by voluntarism. There is not much voluntarism in Africa with countless wars, gangs, militias and everything out to get an otherwise peaceful citizen.
The only freedom, is freedom from illusion.
(July 11, 2013 at 2:48 pm)Chuck Wrote:
(July 11, 2013 at 2:26 pm)paulpablo Wrote: If life was a game of civilization I think the league table would look pretty much like

1 Great Britain
2 America
3 Rome
4 China

What a stunningly ethnocentric and modern centric view?

In 5000 year span of human civilization, what is a mere century and change of preminance by pip squeaks such as Britain or America?

The pyramids of Ancient Egypt marked the center of world power, culture and civilization for 2000 years before anything like any comparable power arose.

China was supreme in power, wealth, and technological advancement for 1000 years

Rome bestrode the known world like a colossus for 700 years

Next to these of what account is the US, whose dominance has lasted but 100 years and seem set to last not more much than maybe two decades; or Britain whose supremacy can charitably be said to last only 150 years, provided one overlooks the fact that during much of this 150 years, she wasn't actually supreme by any significant margin over her peers, she just played a balance of power game with others?

(July 11, 2013 at 2:26 pm)paulpablo Wrote: Native americans
Native Australians
Africa

No. Native American culture may have come to an untimely end, but who is to say ours won't? But while it lasted, Native Americans of central and South America exhibited a cultural continuity that at least matched those of the ancient Egyptians, who remain to this day the undisputed champion of longetivity of civilizational preeminance in the old world.

Well since in the game civilization you get points for
1 empire size, easily won by Britain, even larger than the roman empire, America doesn't technically have an empire but has military bases all over.

Technological adances.
England. The electric motor, the telephone, military tank,, world wide web, sewage system, the industrial revolution, the london exchange (actually a wonder in the game civilization) the jet engine, penicillin, the periodic table, the submarine, television, the world wide web, the english language.

I don't know of any Egyptian inventions as important/world changing as any of these, thinking about it realistically .

You also get points for taking over places in the game civilization so Britain would get points for canada
jamiaca
india/pakistan
austraila
egypt
kenya
ireland
suriname
afganistan
normandy
america
hong-kong
new zealand
burma
nepal
belize
bahamas
grenada

I don't think that's all of them I think there might be more. I got this list of yahoo answers, there were other lists but they were bigger than this one.

I can't think that Egypts empire came remotely close to ever being this powerful.

Quote:No. Native American culture may have come to an untimely end, but who is to say ours won't? But while it lasted, Native Americans of central and South America exhibited a cultural continuity that at least matched those of the ancient Egyptians, who remain to this day the undisputed champion of longetivity of civilizational preeminance in the old world.

What relevance does this have to anything?

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

(July 11, 2013 at 5:46 pm)cratehorus Wrote: guns germs and steel is a book that simply furthers the racist theory of enviromental determinism and can be considered quite racist as it's conclusion is the same as the OP that lighter skin societies are better and it's because of the enviroment and "here's why"..... the truth is societies with the smallest/defunct male genitalia are the most inherently violent and therefore focus more on developing technology and killing eachother rather than lying in sun eating and having sex any alien intelligent lifebeing would easily say darker skin is far more "civilized"

Shut up.
I like how there's only 2 actual responses on the first page. Everything else:
"durr facepalm jeez ur such a racist dood"
"ya i agree man hes so racist him and this guy should form a racist fanclub lol"
"lol ya man good one totally burned him lolol #swag"

Meh.

But I like rythm's post. I don't think America, for example, is civilised, even relative to Africa. They'er just different. There's tons of shit America does that's horrible/illogical, in 'my' opinion.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is republic better than monarchy? FlatAssembler 18 1080 September 13, 2022 at 12:03 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Christianity as religious institution in politics over islamic is sadly almost better Kimba02 3 336 April 11, 2019 at 6:55 am
Last Post: Succubus
  Ivanka insulting the mothers of all immigrants, or better: all immigrants. WinterHold 22 2316 May 31, 2018 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Laws Are No Better Than The Fuckheads Who Enforce Them Minimalist 2 638 April 3, 2018 at 12:39 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  We'd Be Better Off With The Taliban In Charge Minimalist 2 1458 April 20, 2017 at 4:55 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Top 10 Reasons Why Palin Would Make a Better President Than Trump YahwehIsTheWay 3 1005 April 18, 2017 at 8:00 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Who is the better first lady? Michelle Obama or Melania Trump ErGingerbreadMandude 62 9139 January 24, 2017 at 12:03 am
Last Post: Cecelia
  Better Hurry Up With That Wall, Drumpfucks. Minimalist 1 660 November 12, 2016 at 5:04 pm
Last Post: abaris
  What can you tell me to make it feel better? Whateverist 44 6416 November 10, 2016 at 12:44 am
Last Post: Tiberius
  I Guess This Makes It All Better Minimalist 8 1483 August 10, 2016 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0